Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#451   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-18, 10:31

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

3 days

3 days and resurrected from the dead!!!!

MY OLD DELL came back to life. Locked up from a game on POGO I was playing (scrabble) and it had Windows 10 updates in there and somehow the thing went into 'who knows what the heck cyberspace' and finally it came back to life!

no kidding, this is like a 'thing with me' in that, I told hubby a bit ago I was gonna take a hammer to it and throw........but I re-started again for the 500th time and VOILA I got the Windows incon on the screen........I was in old laptop heaven !!!

I told hubby me and this ancient laptop are going to the grave together

I am super thrilled....yes it is super crazy but me and this older than the hills laptop have a 'thing' and wow if my critter didn't act right and keep it going til the cows come home.....................see, never hammer it til the most bitter end cause I thought for sure it was dead and gonzo and I knew, knew deep down the baby would come back to me

what a trip

yes I am nuts!! It is confirmed!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #452   ^
Old Thu, Jan-25-18, 18:40

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Crazy week more tests for DSS liver found something on the ultrasound!
My stomach is killing me soup and eggs all I can get down! Probably stress!
Have a terrific Thursday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #453   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-18, 05:13

BF:

Oh Bernie I hope whatever was seen on the ultrasound can easily be explained away!! I hope nothing worse happens.
Sorry you are in bad shape girlie, try to relax, the weekend is coming, somehow find down time and chillax!!!

hey all
nothing much doing today.
this and that, have to work in the RV a bit before it gets sent off to service to have the generator installed.
other than that usual junk stuff

everyone have a great day
  #454   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-18, 06:47
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Friday, 26 January 2018

Good Friday Mornin', Warriors!!

I hope that all the WARRIORS are doing well and have lovely, fun things planned for this w/e!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:
If you don’t ASK, the answer is always NO!
~ Nora Roberts

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gees, this was a FAST week! Not complaining, just an observation!

Things are going great and Imma looking forward to the w/e for a lil chil-lax time with me and lil Chico!

Karen:
So glad to hear that your ole laptop is BACK in business! Imma glad you didn't take a sledge hammer to it!

Do you allow Window 10 to do all the updates?? Lots of people turn that option off or just say "no" but it's really important to keep allowing the updates, IMHO. The updates "fix" the bugs that occur after the software is sent out...

Sorry to hear about your MIL. Hope things settle for her and your fam. I know it must be rough on Tony. Is she taking new meds? Could it be a reaction to that?

You mentioned your RV's new generator getting installed...when's the next RV adventure and where are you guys headed? Imma living vicariously thru YOU!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Crazy week more tests for DSS liver found something on the ultrasound!
Gosh, I hope it's nothing... Your poor DSS has been thru so much!
Quote:
My stomach is killing me soup and eggs all I can get down! Probably stress!
Sorry to hear that you are not feeling well! Yep, it probably is all the stress, wish I could help you with that, my friend! Let me know if I can b/c Imma here for you!

De:
Hope you're doing well! Is your DD and DGS in town yet??? When are they due to arrive?
  #455   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-18, 11:35

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello Warriors...

Hope you all are having a great weekend. Bernie, wishing the best for your DSS, so hoping they don't find anything bad.

This weekend is family party time so I will be wrapping up what I bought. It's a triple hitter, my DGD turned 4 and grandson 7, it's also my DDIL's father's birthday so her family will be at the celebration too. Party is tomorrow. DD and DGD get here toward the end of the week. So I am very busy.

Enjoy your Chillax time Jo. Happy to hear your computer came back to life Karen ...Joe, don't buy skim milk, nobody needs that stuff!

#456   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-18, 12:01

BF:

Hello warriors,

Still fighting the stomach bug but doing better.
Yesterday was DGS bday celebration water park and fish fry! Had some broiled cod plain it stayed down. I was so cold I crawled into bed and just got up!
Jo.... Thank you for your support! I figure what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger!
De... have fun at the family party!
Karen.... I With jo what the next vacation!
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #457   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-18, 17:55
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 27 January 2018

Happy Saturday Afternoon, Warriors!!

Hope all is well and wishing each of you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

If you don’t step FORWARD, you’re always in the SAME place.
~ Nora Roberts

Onward WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

I was in here earlier this morning, but didn't wanna be the last Friday poster and first Saturday poster! Imma weird, I know!

My Saturday is going great. SOSAD with the usual w/e "to-do" list (aka chores blah blah blah). Ain't complainin' b/c it is what it is and it really doesn't take me all that long. And since Imma a neat freak...enough said!

Lil Chico and I did sneak in a lil Siesta earlier... so nice! Napping never interferes with me going to sleep at my usual time. So that's a +!

Short teaching week at school coming up! Parent Teacher Conferences this Friday and then day 2, Monday after next (5 Feb).

Always great fun to meet with the 'rents! For some of our kiddos, my classes are the only ones in which they are successful... so I've never really had a bad PTC experience!

Imma taking next Monday afternoon off to go get my eyes examined to get new glasses. I haven't had a new pair in over 2 years. My vision hasn't changed but my prescription expired!

I'd rather miss 1/2 a PTC day then an actual school day. Too much work writing extensive sub lesson plans... Bottom line, I hate missing classes b/c my kiddos only do busy work with a sub. I really don't like wasting the precious time we do have!

OMG, we only have 70 ACTUAL teaching days left and those 70 days include state mandated testing... don't know how many days that will eat up! Gees, May will be here before we know it! I can't believe it!

Anyhoo...

Everything in my life is going well.

1) My girls are doing better than GREAT and are healthy!

2) My twin bro and his family are all doing well!

3) Eating 100% OP with no blips on the radar for off-plan foods.

4) Exercising is 100% OP! Weight training alternating with my PPWs every other morning doesn't seem to be such a CHORE any more. It's like brushing my teeth, I just gotta get 'em done and move on!

I know HOW very important they are to my over-all GOOD HEALTH!

I so enjoy the stationary bike and my walks don't really feel like exercising to me. They have become totally ingrained into my daily life and I can't imagine NOT doing 'em everyday!

5) All the unrelated aspect of teaching in my classroom (aka my idiot principal and all the paperwork none-sense) hasn't really been an issue this year! I mean, I don't let it stress me out!

I think it has EVERYTHING to do with the fact that if the BS level exceeds the FUN/LOVE level I can just put in my retirement papers and say Bye-bye at any time! Sure is a stress reliever for sure!

Yeppers, Imma grateful for everything!

Okey dokey, enough about ME for today!

My life and soul changing journey continues...

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
This weekend is family party time so I will be wrapping up what I bought. It's a triple hitter, my DGD turned 4 and grandson 7, it's also my DDIL's father's birthday so her family will be at the celebration too. Party is tomorrow. DD and DGD get here toward the end of the week. So I am very busy.
WOW, there's a lot of partying goin' on in your NECK of the woods! Well, you do live in Vegas...it's the ultimate PARTY TOWN!

I bet you're totally excited that your DD and DGD are finally gonna be there! I know you're über busy! Do they stay with you when they are in town???
Quote:
Enjoy your Chillax time Jo.
Oh you betcha, it's good for my MENTAL health!

BTW: I just started "J" is for Judgement! I am totally loving this series of books!
Quote:
Joe, don't buy skim milk, nobody needs that stuff!
I totally agree!

Berni:
Quote:
Still fighting the stomach bug but doing better.
Imma glad you're feeling some what better. Hope you get over it real soon!
Quote:
Yesterday was DGS bday celebration water park and fish fry!
Too funny that your DGS and De's grands have b'days so close to each other!
Quote:
Had some broiled cod plain it stayed down. I was so cold I crawled into bed and just got up!
Oh my, sounds like you've got the flu esp since you mention being cold...have you gone to the doctors?
Quote:
Jo.... Thank you for your support! I figure what doesn’t kill me makes me stronger!
Yep that's one of my life mottos for sure!

And of course Imma here for you, don't know how much good I am over 1,300 miles away...but Imma there for you at least in spirit!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Saturday warriors and take care of yourself!
Hope you find time this w/e to just chil-lax and completely recover from whatever it is you have. The w/e "to-do" list can keep til next week!

Yoo-hoo Karen!
Hope you and the fam are doing well! And that your weather has improved significantly!

So you know:
33 Days til SPRING!
  #458   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-18, 07:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday Morning: 28 January 2018

G' Mornin', Warriors!!

Have a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day b/c it's always a CHOICE!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

Do what you LOVE and LOVE what you DO!
~ unknown

32 Days til SPRING!

Okey, I was the last poster yesterday and first poster today.

Nothing to add to what I said yesterday afternoon; so this is a quickie.

Hope you guys are well and finding time to just chil-lax and take care of YOU!

See ya in the morning!
  #459   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-18, 09:42

BF:

Morning....

see what happened when you were a late poster yesterday Jo...

Nothing new here to add that I didn't say yesterday!

Bernie, I hope you are feeling better today. A stomach bug is no fun.

I will need to eat something at home before the party so I can just sip coffee or soda since I don't know what they will have at the party to eat. I think it will be carby.

Have a great day everyone
  #460   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-18, 14:09

BF:

Hello warriors,

I am feeling better today even did the trails with Magnum!
I never got to Wally this week so I just made a bunch of egg muffins with spinach and almond milk to get me through the next couple of days!
Karen sent me a message today she wanted me to let you know her MIL suffered a mild stroke! She will not be posting for a few days! Asked for our prayers for family during this difficult time!
Enjoy the bday party De!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #461   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-18, 05:17
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 29 January 2018

Good Monday Mornin', Warriors!!

Hope everyone is doing well this fine Monday morning!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

The trouble with not having a GOAL is that you can spend your life running up & down the field & never SCORE!
~ Bill Copeland

Nothing much to report on my end. Imma doing GREAT! Today is gonna ROCK b/c it really is all about ATTITUDE!

And our weather is taking an upward swing. We're "supposed" to be flirtin' in the low to mid-60s during the day time all week long with lows around 30-35 at night.

No rain on the horizon... Gees, we could use a good soaking for about a week, we're so dry here! I can't imagine what our summer will be like if we don't get some moisture soon... [insert "Heavy Sigh" emoji here!]

But here's the best-est NEWS:

31 Days til SPRING!

De:
Quote:
see what happened when you were a late poster yesterday Jo...
I know right???
Quote:
Nothing new here to add that I didn't say yesterday!
I love it that everyone posts, no matter if there isn't much to say... I just like knowing that everyone is doing okay, KWIM???
Quote:
I will need to eat something at home before the party so I can just sip coffee or soda since I don't know what they will have at the party to eat. I think it will be carby.
You'll have to tell us if they had anything you could eat at the b'day party. But you're probably 100% correct, everything will be carb-y.

Imma with you, eat before and sip coffee or dt soda during the event!

It's not an accident that we are Warrior MEMBERS of Team 5%! Woot! Woot!

Truly, it's an ATTITUDE born of determination, perseverance and complete respect for ourselves and our GOOD HEALTH that we remain ever FAITHFUL to our LC WOE plan no matter what temptations pass our way!

That's the only WAY to be successful as we all know!

Okay jumping off my soapbox now b/c Imma preachin' to the choir!

Berni:
Quote:
I am feeling better today even did the trails with Magnum!
So good to hear that you're feeling much improved. Glad you got a chance to go out with Magnum to do the trails!
Quote:
I never got to Wally this week so I just made a bunch of egg muffins with spinach and almond milk to get me through the next couple of days!
Hope you get a chance to hit WW soon...
Quote:
Karen sent me a message today she wanted me to let you know her MIL suffered a mild stroke! She will not be posting for a few days! Asked for our prayers for family during this difficult time!
Thanks for passing on the message!

Dear Karen:
Imma keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!

You mentioned on Thursday (post 450) that your MIL was having some troubles and "going weirdo a bit." Wonder if that was a precursor to her stroke?

In any case, Imma hoping for the best possible outcome for your MIL!
  #462   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-18, 17:38

BF:

Hello dear warriors,

DSIL bday today party tonight. Tummy still
Funny today so I taking it easy sticking to broth and eggs!
Jo... so glad warm weather heading your way! We back in the winter ❄️! Good News DSS spot is not cancerous looks like a fatty liver. Doesn’t drink so they want him low carbs and healthy fats!
De... Hope your party was fun!
Karen... praying for your family and MIL!
  #463   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-18, 23:14

BF:

Hi all..

I am doing good. Nothing new. The kids birthday party was a success and they had a blast. They served salad, so I ended up eating some of that.

Karen, thinking of you, your DMIL and the whole family. 🙏

Bernie, that's great news about your DSS, nothing too serious, it's something they can recommend a WOE to help. ...Hope the party you went to was fun and that you were feeling ok.

Jo, hi and keep on preaching you have a lot of good advice to follow for all who read our posts.

Warrior on everyone
  #464   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 05:22
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Smile Tuesday, 30 January 2018

Good Tuesday Mornin', Warriors!!

Wishing all of you a totally terrific day in every.single.way possible!

Stay WARRIOR Strong!

"Each day lost from off-plan eating is just another day added to an already long journey!!"
~ unknown

30 Days til SPRING!

Yeah, Imma gonna countdown SPRING until it's SPRUNG!

Nothing really to report here... no news = good news!

Had a fabulous day with the kiddos at school yesterday.

Makes me smile BIG just thinking about going in again today and teaching 'em what I know... I sure do LOVE LOVE LOVE my work!

I truly live this quote: "Do what you love, love what you do!"

Berni:
Quote:
DSIL bday today party tonight. Tummy still funny today so I taking it easy sticking to broth and eggs!
Sorry to hear that your tummy is still wonky! Hope it gets better real soon!
Quote:
Jo... so glad warm weather heading your way! We back in the winter ❄️!
Hopefully the winter weather will start slacking off... when does it generally get nicer there?? It's been a crazy azz winter for sure all over the place!
Quote:
Good News DSS spot is not cancerous looks like a fatty liver. Doesn’t drink so they want him low carbs and healthy fats!
That's GREAT NEWS about your DSS!

That's awesome that the diet they recommended is LC! Wow!

He is soooo lucky to have you there to help him navigate the LC WOE if he has any questions! RIGHT ON!

De:
Quote:
I am doing good. Nothing new. The kids birthday party was a success and they had a blast. They served salad, so I ended up eating some of that.
Glad to hear the b'day party was a success and that they served salad as well!
Quote:
Jo, hi and keep on preaching you have a lot of good advice to follow for all who read our posts.
"Hi" right back atcha! Thanks for that, De! That's my thinkin' as well about passing on what we know about being successful to others who might be reading our Warrior thread...

Karen:
Keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Jan-30-18 at 05:28. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #465   ^
Old Tue, Jan-30-18, 07:19

BF:

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for MIL

so NO stroke

it was bad urinary tract infection that can present and mimic etc.

but MRI shows 'mass' in area where they thought the bleed happened....but past tests show it was there before and not growing, so neurologist said it was a possible tumor that does nothing??? are ya kidding here LOL I tell ya guys if ya want to die go to this hosp. I wouldn't go to this one if ya paid me free med care for life But they will re-evaluate. No rehab. Just meds and home and she is tired and from what I can say this is a 'slow walk' toward the end of it all, she just is not healthy in any way so I see the writing on the wall, the old sooner than later is coming into play.

just makes one tired and scared trying to help someone improve themselves who won't help themselves. Diabetic so she wanted us to shop for her. Regular soda to drink if her sugar drops, diet soda to sip thru the day if her sugar is fine....ok yea, that is a plan Graham crackers for sugar drop just in case with bananas and just a little meat and no veg did we buy...we bought all junk but hey, adults do what they want so it is what it is---and of course she shoots up insulin if sugar gets too high from eating the junk ugh but can't teach old dogs new tricks that do not want to learn ever.

will get my ducks in a row and start up chatting when I can.

hope all you warriors are doing wonderful!!