Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1246   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 14:05

Plan: Reduced carb
Stats: 217/189/150 Female 5ft 2 inches
BF:lots/lots/less
Progress: 42%

Feb 26 start

MOMD day 8

This is starting to feel like second nature. I can't believe how long it's been since I've had bread. Bread has always been my worst demon. Before I started this MOMD I was only eating sprouted grain bread, not white bread, and only occasionally, but it's in the freezer and I don't even think about it.

Yesterday I wanted a piece of chocolate, but the craving passed eventually. I haven't had sugar since Ash Wednesday, and I know I'm safe from that at least until Easter.

I don't see my husband ever becoming supportive. He has been a major carb eater all his life. He has never had a weight problem and just doesn't understand my struggle. He says carbs don't make you fat. I tell him to just shut up and let me do my thing. LOL
Sponsored Links
  #1247   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 19:08

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Carol, it is ok to let go of the bread. I have a zillion cookbooks and HALF are bread baking. I was the queen of bread baking-- so I could eat it all slathered with butter. I did that with cakes, cookies, etc. too. Gave up bread almost , too long to remember actually. 10-15 years ago.

Yeah!! Stand your ground!! Not to scare you, but I noticed even thin people who eat SAD have heart attacks and all the other issues carb eating brings, just not the obesity.

You've got this!
  #1248   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 19:11

BF:

[QUOTE=Ms Arielle]FEB 20 start

MOMD day 15

I tasted a new dumpling for my boys, realized I was chewing, managed to toss most of it. Am I still legal? Less than a 1/4 tsp.
  #1249   ^
Old Wed, Mar-07-18, 19:13

BF:

Carol-- I am used to eating 100% cacao now. Gharadelli is pretty good, 3 carbs per square. A little bitter but better than other brands .

Adding a recipe worth trying. NOte the different products used to make keto breads, so stock up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUsFqRELdqQ

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Wed, Mar-07-18 at 20:26.
  #1250   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 08:24

Feb 26 start

MOMD day 9

A line has to be drawn somewhere. If I don't swallow something, I didn't eat it. LOL

I don't like to do LC substitutes. It's psychological for me. If I eat low carb bread, my brain interprets that to mean I can eat bread. Any bread. It's better for me if I just stay away from it. Also, if I like it, I would eat the whole loaf in one sitting. A throwback from my binge days.
  #1251   ^
Old Thu, Mar-08-18, 21:42

BF:

FEB 20 start

MOMD day 16

Carol, just wanted you to know there are good alternatives.....when you are ready. Ive gone some 10-15 years and I think I am now ready. lol

Tough day. No power. Limited water. Limited kitchen. Glad I had canned tuna in oil!
  #1252   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 07:29

Kaboom!!!

Starting over Mar 9

MOMD day 0

I didn't sleep well the night before and I was tired. Snacked off and on all day, but it was all on plan, until it wasn't and I face planted in a bag of potato chips. Then since I had blown it, I had 2 pieces of toast with my sprouted grain bread. It didn't even taste good. I felt terrible. Gassy. I tossed and turned last night and spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Finally got into a deep sleep and I feel much better today. Blood sugar is still pretty good, thanks to meds, but I'm not going near the scale!!
  #1253   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 11:16

I first lost weight in the late 60s, eating less and moving more. When Dr Atkins book came out in the 70s, I started low carb and maintained for 10 years, up and down a few lbs. Then in the early 80s I got married to Mr Potato Head. I stuck with my low carb for a while, but gradually switched over to his way of eating, and gained about 80 lbs. I knew I was gaining, but either I didn't care or didn't have what it takes mentally to stop it. Now I've ended up with heart surgery and diabetes. I'm back on LC, sort of. The purpose of joining this thread is to help me be less "sort of" and more consistent with it, while working around my DHs high carb lifestyle which isn't going to change anytime soon.
  #1254   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 11:35

BF:

I totally understand. TOTALLY.

Until the whole community around us converts to LC, we are fighting against the tide just to keep our own diet in check.

I stopped going to family THanksgivings and CHristmas because my diet is not of value. But when a precious grandchild (20's) wants vegan, well the whole dinner gets turned into vegan. Grrrrrr

DO WHAT EVER YOU NEED TO DO to keep you healthy. You might find articles that show the heart attack rate and effects among the SAD eaters and leave it in the bathtoom for reading material!! LOL

A man I know had a heart attack, late 30's early 40's. ANd went right back to smoking. I know he will be gone soon, leaving his kids without a cool dad. HE must make that choice.

I try to learn from women like you----then change what I am doing for a better outcome.

Glad to have company here on this thread.
  #1255   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 11:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaCarolSue
Kaboom!!!

Starting over Mar 9

MOMD day 0

I didn't sleep well the night before and I was tired. Snacked off and on all day, but it was all on plan, until it wasn't and I face planted in a bag of potato chips. Then since I had blown it, I had 2 pieces of toast with my sprouted grain bread. It didn't even taste good. I felt terrible. Gassy. I tossed and turned last night and spent a lot of time in the bathroom. Finally got into a deep sleep and I feel much better today. Blood sugar is still pretty good, thanks to meds, but I'm not going near the scale!!

Get right back on that wagon, ok?

Perhaps keep bag of pork rinds to fill that munchy spot. But as you know the snacking set off the cravings. Which was triggered by the crappy nite.

Just dont quit. I wont have anyone to talk to.
  #1256   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 13:50

There are already pork rinds in the house. I consciously chose the potato chips, instead. I admit it.

DH already had a heart attack, 22 years ago. Got a couple stents. He quit smoking, but says he enjoys eating what he wants to eat. I accept that. It's his choice, and I want him to allow me to eat what I want to eat. I didn't have a heart attack. I went to the ER in time to prevent it, but I did need bypass surgery.

Yes, I'm right back on course today, until whatever day I screw up again. LOL
  #1257   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 19:19

BF:

I just thought of it. THere is a 90 day challenge where YOU write your own goals and include misses, again a number you decide. Like I wrote no standard pizza, 3 misses but no more than 2 peices.

Would that work better for you??
  #1258   ^
Old Fri, Mar-09-18, 19:22

BF:

FEB 20 start

MOMD day 17
  #1259   ^
Old Sat, Mar-10-18, 07:26

Restart March 9

MOMD day 1

I read the 90 day thread. This one is suiting my needs for now. I am not strict low carb like many others, and I doubt if I ever will be. I don't worry about one cream cheese having 1 gm of carb and the other having 2 gm. I don't worry about the fact that I put bread crumbs in my meat loaf. Normally, I eat "mostly" low carb, with a few carbs thrown in here and there. I go according to my blood sugar to decided if I'm doing well or not. The purpose of joining in MOMD is to help me go longer in between the bits of bad carbs, and it's working. I don't beat myself if I make a mistake, only if it causes a spike in my blood sugar. Believe it or not, doing this for the 8 or 9 days that I survived has really improved my blood sugar readings, so I consider it a success.

You are doing great. I can't imagine ever making it to day 17, but you never know when something might click.
  #1260   ^
Old Sun, Mar-11-18, 04:24

Restart March 9

MOMD day 2