Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#151   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 09:42

Plan: Atkins (started Sunday, N
Stats: 230/212/170 Female 64"
BF:HA-HA-HA
Progress: 30%

I defiantly agree about the low carb convience products...I do keep them on hand in case of emergency...I bought about 10 different ones and I tryed to get the ones with the lowest amount of sugar alcohol...I still have 9 and 1/2 of them because I only eat one little bite of one if I feel an urge for something sweet and once I eat it I usually realize that it isn't what I want...I also worry about it stalling my weight...I feel like I am losing weight at a pretty decent rate and I don't want to do anything to screw of my steady weight loss...Beef jerkey seems to be my main prepackaged snack since it is convient and low carb and hey its a heck of alot cheaper than those low carb candy bars and snacks.
Sponsored Links
  #152   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-03, 20:50
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

JYounginer - Thanks, Weekends are the toughest for me too. I have a neat solution, grab a friend and go to a muscium for that is what I'm doing
  #153   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 05:18
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

good morning everyone... for those of you aware of the fax machine incident.... the fax machine works!!! I bought her a frying pan for xmas, next time, i'm throwing the frying pan!
I hope everyone is ok, still has motivation, our biggest threat is about 1.5 weeks away. those of you doing office parties, i wish you rots of ruck!
Those of you that have family that will have lots of desserts around, good luck. I bought the g/f some gheridelli chocolates, but i promptly wrapped them lastnight, so they're outta sight and outta mind.
I'm ready for the holidays. I have to figure out a Christmas menu that the kids will enjoy also.
BTW, that concoction i made in the crockpot.. that was sooooo awesome. it made about 4 good bowls. the rutabaga's tasted, and chewed like the consistency of potatoes. it looked like a peasant stew with meat and potatoes. it was fabulous.. surprised even me!
I don't drink sweet drinks, as i know they will give me a horrible hangover, i like my scotch, and that's about it for the cheating, if you call scotch cheating. And i've concluded that a bottle of red wine has about 12 carbs in it..LOL
I think the only thing that probly would deter me from staying on track is this little place up in ft. lauderdale that makes the best damn fried fish taco's... so i haven't been there in several months. But all in all, there's no cheat food in my house, and all the restaurants are accomadating me with removing starch off my plate.. so i haven't had a chance to cheat. please stick with this forum during the holidays so we can support one another when the sweets are put on the tables! good luck everyone!
  #154   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 09:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 343/295/160 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 26%

Hey everyone! Well, this weekend is Charity's work party and a birthday party of one of our friends. We have a good game plan in place to try and avoid cheating. We're going to drink martini's at the parties and go to each of them already full and with a few low carb munchies in the car, just in case. We'll see how I do on Monday. The days cheat free will hopefully be up to 14!

Have a great weekend everyone!
  #155   ^
Old Fri, Dec-12-03, 23:19

Hello everyone...So far I am doing good on this WOL..I really believe it suits me..But if my g/f tells me my boobs are shrinking one more time I am gonna blow...I mean come on now can't my butt or gutt shrink????UGH...Well it snowed here in Oklahoma today and my son, jamie and I all went out and built a snowman...we took some pictures and it was a good thing...we walked inside for a few moments and then looked out and it was crushed(all except the bottom)...I also joined a exercise group today which should be great for me being I haven't exercised in 2 and 1/2 weeks...Well jyounginer good luck with your parties...It should help having the low carb snacks handy...Well I am going to Mississippi for the holidays and New Orleans for new years so wish me luck...Big creole temptation(I'm sure I can find some good creole cooked meat) and strawberry hurricanes...Talk to everyone later
  #156   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 10:53
Ex-Patriot

Plan: CAD-ish
Stats: 232.5/199/168 Female 5'2"
BF:no/earthly/clue
Progress: 52%

Yeah, I invariably notice it in the boobs first. But so far, the rest has eventually caught up. (I don't mind if they shrink, but I want things to stay...um...proportional.

Emily
  #157   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 16:11

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 205.5/201.5/185 Female 5'5"
BF:48%/47%/20%
Progress: 20%
Default introducing me

Hey --

I just noticed this thread the other day. I think there's quite a few LGBT people on this site.

I identify as a lesbian. I'm in a long-term relationship with an awesome girl. We're quite different. She doesn't gain weight unless she seriously overindulges, but I do so easily. On top of having a thyroid disorder, I work typing all day, so the combination tends to put on the pounds. I'm working on going back to school for speech-language pathology, and I'm quite bookish, but outgoing. My girl does karate, is trying to become a carpenter's apprentice, and is quite shy. She's asian; I'm hispanic. I'm round; she's more angular.

My girlfriend is really supportive of my eating low-carb. But she's quite fearful that I will lose my butt, which she finds quite attractive. (Actually, I get hit on -- by guys -- at school often, I think based mostly on my butt.) So don't mind that you are keeping your butt -- it could be better looking than you think!
  #158   ^
Old Sat, Dec-13-03, 22:53

bookgurl99 I know what you are saying my g/f is always talking about my butt and my boobs...well I just want to lose weight everywhere...I don't care if I lose some in my butt because I weighed 125-135 most of my life and I was a 34c bra and I have always had a butt...My mom use to pick on me because guys were always slapping me on mine and saying things about it... Welcome to this link and yes there are alot of lesbians on here.

Well just thought I would let everyone know some exciting news...I have been wearing a size 18-19 and since I have lost this 18lbs I have noticed my clothes fitting me very loosly...Well went X-mas shopping today and g/f suggested I try on a pair of 16 Well I thought I was going to just get really depressed and stuff but guess what I put them suckers on so easy...they are jean material with stretch and I just pulled them up without unbuttoning and unzipping them...The people at Gordman's probably thought I was crazy when I came out of the dressing room dancing around...Just thought I would let you all in on my good news.
  #159   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 06:37
Registered Member

hiya bookgurl! Welcome to our family! well, lastnight, the g/f grabbed my butt and said, "hon, it's gone."
My ass was never really there, but what i had, is obviously gone! If I could just get rid of these boobs, i'd be a happy camper.

rachel!! you go girl! i'm really proud of you!
and emily? where you been hiding g/f?

I've been so busy with work, i almost forget to eat.. I haven't really had any carbs lately. i grab a 1/2 chicken for breakfast, and some roast pork for lunch and dinner, and then i crash. And drinking water... unless i carry my gallon jug with me to meet clients... I'm forgetting to drink a ton of water too..

gotta get back on the program..
  #160   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 06:39
Registered Member

Suddam Hussain has been captured... I hope this means the war is over and we can bring our troops home!
  #161   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 07:02
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Thanks for posting that, PilotGal!! We never have the tv or radio on, and my "breaking news" internet thing hasn't said anything about it. Now we have the tv on.

Gee, if it weren't for this forum, I wouldn't know ANYTHING....

Kay
  #162   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 07:09
Ex-Patriot

Yes, the BBC is reporting that "some" Iraqui citizens were celebrating in the streets of Baghdad, while the NY Times is claiming "huge crowds."

In any case, this is good news. However, it took me an hour or two to believe it, because I saw it in the New York Times first and I have completely and utterly lost my belief in anything the US media reports. I didn't realize how completely, until I simply refused to believe this news because I had seen in in an American newspaper.

Wow.

Emily
  #163   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 10:58

Plan: 40-30-30
Stats: 205.5/201.5/185 Female 5'5"
BF:48%/47%/20%
Progress: 20%
Default Saddam Hussein

Yes, I heard about the Saddam capture on BBC world radio as I was driving to work about 5 am.

I hope that this means people will move away from their fear and help us elect a president who really cares about what Americans need. It's odd that Bush was so bent on bringing democracy, health care, and education to Iraq when he himself has obstructed the same things here!
  #164   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 11:14
Ex-Patriot

I hope the same, bookgurl. But as happy as I am for the Iraqis, who certainly deserve to be permanently rid of the odious Saddam, I fear that this will only bolster Bush's re-election efforts...I can't help but notice that this comes hard on the heels of Dean's endorsement by Gore, and the disclosure that Halliburton massively overcharged the DOD (i.e., Halliburton owes the American taxpayers a s#!tload of money).

I half expect Bush to suddenly find Osama sometime around, oh, late October 2004. Karl Rove and his team have given a new meaning to the term "Republican dirty tricks," and I would put nothing past them at this point.

Sparked by your avatar, I caught up on DTWOF this afternoon, and I have to say I completely agree with her latest strip. As much money as possible must go into the effort to defeat these people.

Emily
  #165   ^
Old Sun, Dec-14-03, 11:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Tholian8...

I had exactly the same thought... Hussein would be found right before the election....