Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2341   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 07:15

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

nicco you might be gone when I get home, NYC should be a lot of fun of course and I might plan next spring break a trip kinda there, up to NJ for my bro and a day over into NYC on the Path Train cause kiddo is dying to go to NYC and I asked her, what do you want to see, nothin', just see the city LOL ugh

keto ice cream, huh..give us a report

Blue, AHHH you are sending back the trench coat but I get ya. I don't buy so much because of how hot winter is here still and we rarely wear coats at all but I see so much nice stuff and think, man I would love that but would never wear it!

Jaz, yea rare I do mountains cause beach is me...but I do it every now and then for hubby to fish some monster strippers. he is fishing tomorrow with a charter guide. he is in his glory, sometimes I just book things for his benefit which is rare but I give in Plus this Lost Sea I want to see is here

wow you got the nutjob boss. You might have to strategically take down this B a peg or 2. If it gets any more wild I would schedule a meeting with her boss and I would set things straight, as in keeping it very very professional but I would get my point across. If she is making you hate your job and you still need tht job for a while, tread carefully, but might be time to push some resolve on it maybe? then again, if we watch our emotions and keep our mouth shut we really can get thru things easier and simpler without involving higher up management.....so.....huh, well ya can go either way on that one

Lori my hubby would love love love that salmon fishing great you got the freezer filled!

new haircut you go girl, it is good to shake things up!!

HI KM!!

hey all
never got liquored up LOL

off to Lost Sea in a bit, had to force kiddo into shower HAHA
when she is done off we go. 1 hr drive there, 2 hr tour and back...can only leave dog for like 4-5 tops in here alone. He does fine but that is his limit so this trip should be fitting in perfect on time for us. back to possible T storms but then we have 2 very hot sunny days.

renting pontoon boat tomorrow from the marina just to have time out on the lake. swim etc....eh, vacation thing

still hate hubbys laptop and we maxed out high speed hotspot internet, now down to the slow unlimited hotspot and nothing loads fast, or sometimes doesn't load so it stinks using wifi right now bleck

chat up later, gotta run
Sponsored Links
  #2342   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 19:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Lori---I am a HUGE fan of cold pressed coffee, but I only really like it iced. This is my morning drink, pretty much what you described, only ice cold. The cold press coffee is the base, then I add the protein powder flavor of my choice, thanks to your suggestions, cream and a bitsy of sweetener. Feel like I'm drinking a coffee shake w/flavoring. Delishmo and also, wakes me up and holds my appetite for a couple of hours. Plus, I feel like I'm having something naughty---can anything that tastes this good be LC? LOL.

Trig---So love you sharing your vacay w/us a bit, even if the conditions to do so are not great. Something about hearing from you in real time that is just so fun. Know I'm pushin' it here, but could you get the kiddo to take a pix of your site, the mountains and the lake and send it to your poor, poor vacation starved friend? Haha, how's that for laying it on thick?

Jaz---Nah, I didn't "need" that trench coat, I just wanted it. I have plenty of coats to wear in all seasons. And, as I start to jump some steps ahead, I can see that there are some things we will really need in our new home. One is a new bed. Not ready to buy yet, but sure going to listen to your advice. Big client is a big mattress seller as well as furniture, so I do know of what you speak.

The rage these days is buying beds on line, all kinds of them that arrive on your doorstop in a box. I think this appeals to many because it's easy, no choices. Shopping for mattresses is not glamorous. OTOH, going to a good store w/good salespeople offers you a lot these on line companies don't---like for instance, CHOICES and EXPERTISE. They will take your old mattress, deliver your new one, and set it up for you. VALUE= COST PLUS EXPERIENCE. I know the Sealy Black line and will absolutely explore it. And, gotta say, these on line mattresses have gone way up in price. They started at an average of around 700 for a queen, now most commonly around 1200. You can get a great bed at a mattress store for that, with expertise, choice and removal of your old bed, which otherwise is a PIA.

So sounds like things between you and Cruella are at a boiling point. Wish I had some good advice, but I don't. Rather, I WILL SAY, I have great faith in your business judgement. You're more wiley than she is, she just holds more cards. Hugs and hopes for you. I do think you've got her a bit on the run, but OTOH, a cornered rat is scary too.

Nic--When do you leave for romantic NYC romp w/hubby? Will you bring your laptop? HAHA. I know I am particularly interested in everyone else's vacations because we can't take one right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another day of errands. Man, they really mounted up on me. So many things to do!

ON PLAN. Feels good. One day at a time. Gotta get myself back on the chain gang.
  #2343   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 20:37

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

ok- personals tomorrow.I am spent. I had it out - I mean full blown. Blue you were so right in so many ways. Things came to a boil over. she lost her cool started yelling and threw her papers and marched out of her office at 330. I picked up my papers- said nothing to nobody. Put my computer away and left without saying a word- just walked the fuck out. I called her boss- got no answer- called again- no answer and then called HR. Left an hour early and did not say jack to anybody. Just got the fuck out before I could open my mouth.

Got home and was shaking I was so dam mad. I ended up getting through to HR- and opened a case. They said someone will call me back tomorrow- they lady was super sweet.
About 15 minutes later I got a call from R- Cruella boss. She listened and listened and listened. She told me she did NOT want to LOSE me and that this was not the first, second , or third time she hs had to have a CANDID discussion with over her behavior. Why they keep that bitch is beyond me.

so much more- but it it late- just finished up school and I am so upset and still sorta shaken and going to bed-

I binged- I did.went across the street and got a sandwich and fries and fried mushrooms- feel like crap all way around and wine. came home and then started school.

Tomorrow anther day. Can't stop shaking- nerves I guess- lot on the line. R was so real nice though- but still. I just couldn't take another minute- just said fuck it and left.

If Im tossed off site I would know why- I just made a sailor look like mother Theresa
  #2344   ^
Old Tue, Jul-17-18, 21:28

BF:
Progress:

Hey Jaz---just checked in before I turn in.

Oh, honey. I'm so sorry this is happening to you right now, but I can guarantee that this too shall pass. Seems so hard to believe when it's happening, but my dear old dad always told me that, and he was right.

Some of my MOST crazy times have been because of bad bosses or bad colleagues, and even occasionally, bad friends. Bad boyfriends really can't hold a candle in many ways, simply because while they could hurt me and disappoint me, they couldn't control my future on the job, or my pay check, or my belief in who I am as a professional.

That is what you face with a bad boss. And yeah, it can make you shake, when your mortgage payment and your survival is dependent upon it. Been there, and it sucked a big egg. Made me feel crazy. I remember.

But it is your boss who is nuts. Period. She will push you to the very edge of the cliff and then extend a hand to pull you up, and then push you over the same edge again. It is her nature, and I don't see that changing.

I do think it's time to go to HR. Always PO's me that no one wants to go there out of fear, when if they aren't there to listen and do their job, what are they there for?

Look at it this way. You can no longer survive this job without some support from your company, and it ain't going to come from your boss. We know this. It's not like you ran to HR the first time she sprung the slap on you, or the second, or the third or the fourth, etc. etc.

I think you need to make it clear to HR that you are there as a LAST RESORT---again shouldn't be this way but it is--- and I think you need to get that GD boss of yours on file for her bad behavior.

Don't know who will win here, but DO know it's time for you to ask for re-enforcements. And if that's not there for you, then yeah, it's time to find a new job.

I know, easier said then done, and complicated by your school thing w/this company. But Jaz, I just CANNOT believe that the uppers have NO IDEA of what a mess your boss is. They're just waiting for someone else to do the hard work.

Wish it didn't have to be you, but looks like it has to be. Because I just don't see any way that this can be cured with your boss, other than someone above her slapping her hand. Hard. Otherwise, she will not stop feeling entitled to be the jerk she is. It's just that simple, AND that hard.
  #2345   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 04:34

BF:

I am awake before my alarm. As always Blue- your post is Welcome and TIMELY! I am going through with the case with HR. I know it's time. I do need an advocate for me. I have gone this far- I might as well finish it. For better or worse. Would you believe that I will be the 5th- person to go to HR over her. Let me say that again- the 5th. 5555555555555555555555555555 Four people have filed complaints about her behavior before me- yet here she sits still making the big bucks. I do want there to be some record - SOMETHING so when she goes after me again I have a trail.
Enough of that. I am expected in a leaders meeting with her all day today. I am not going to say anything unless spoken too today. I am tired of having my words twisted. URGHHHHHHH- I HAVE been looking for another position within the same company.

I can't afford to pay back 15,000 for school if I leave. I am doing well in this course too! Still at a 4.0 currently I am loving this course. Ethics in the work place. I have SO MUCH TO WRITE ABOUT!!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH- Serious. I sat down and spewed out a post in about 20 minutes yesterday- a record!

No I am dealing with puffy middle from the eating disaster yesterday. I don't know what I was trying to prove or do. I just found myself sitting at a cuban joint ordering - DAM!!!!! Today is a new day- that was YESTERDAY

I am glad you are able to put that coat behind you. I am shocked they took it back.You must really keep your receipts! Maybe when you are settled you can get another one at a better price. Believe it or not I found one at a thrift store one year. I kept it for years. Lost it in one of my many moves. But I only paid maybe 10 bucks for it. It was a London Fog too!

I know that they do sell beds on line. Somehow I just can't get into buying a bed I have not had a chance to lay on myself. I wouldn't give up my Beauty Rest for NOTHING- LOVE IT! I know you will figure that out when you are ready. Just know you don't "Owe" any alliance to anyone when you do buy something!
How close are you coming to being "done" with your house? Are you going to do flooring as well or use room rugs?

Glad you are back on the LOW CARB TRAIN. I need to hop on board too.

LORI- I just LOVE French press coffee! I had not thought about putting protein powder in it as well. Do you do that? I see cream and a sweetener. What type of powder do you use?
I am not hungry in the the morning- But I could not go without my coffee.
LOVE YOUR PIC'S- THANKS FOR SHARING!!!!!!!!!!!

Trig- Your post really brought a smile to my face! Love that you "give it" every now and again for the hubby to fish! I love the fact you eat what he brings home! Do you freeze it too? Does he clean it as well? I am going to google the Lost Sea. When are you doing that? We will of course NEED pictures! We are living through pics! Those of us to broke to travel! I blew my wad at the beach! HAHAHAH- still recovering from that!

NIC- speaking of travel- when is the NYC trip? What are you going to see while you are there. I know you are going to some kind of play or show! It wouldn't be a true trip to NYC without that! TODAY show too????? That would be fun!
Hold up the sign that says:- GALS NIC IN NYC!!!!!!!! - we would know!

Kmom- I know you are chomping at the bit for your cruise!!!!! Thank you too for the PIC! I did see it- very talented. Is your family getting excited? Are you taking dinner clothes too?
How are you feeling these days?
I have been searching as you know for a fit bit. One of the reviews were about how some people are using them to track their heart rates. I found that interesting! Ever given that a thought?
------------------------------------------------
I have nothing else to add- I need to go back into the den of wolves today. I wish I could be anywhere else. It feels like a gut punch to waltz back into there.

However she will have been spoken to. Damage has really been done and truly it not repairable on my part. I am just waiting her out. One way or the other. I either find a new position, or she leave. I will TOLERATE her respectfully. But I have stopped thinking she will be anything than what she is. I don't know what took me so long to figure it out. I really wanted her to "snap out of it" and see what I do for her.
Reality has set in- won't happen. And the distrust is mutual now- guess it was always there. I just give people the benefit until they screw me over. You are right- she has pushed me over the ledge.

I am going back for my staff. Things will be different. I will not be as invested. That simple. It is nearly an means to an end. Sure took me a minute- I am sure the rest of you saw it! I know you did. I just kept hoping she would be something she is not.

I know I do a good job-
BACK ON LC TRAIN- NEW DAY
  #2346   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 04:54

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Oh Jaz.....I am so sorry you are having to go through this mess with your boss. I think you did the right thing going to HR and I'm glad you got to talk to M's boss. I'm sure today will be mega hard, but you are strong. Cling to what the boss said about not wanting to lose you. Don't worry about the binge....sh!t happens. If it helped you deal with things, even a little bit, then it was more than worth the carbs etc. ((Hugs))

Blue....I will definitely try the protein powder in my iced coffee! I didn't think of doing that. I have a brand new pitcher of cold brew waiting for me in the fridge for this afternoon.

The fishermen got home yesterday afternoon around 4. I spent some time wrapping the fillets in foil and then putting them into ziplock bags for freezing. This morning I'm taking our oldest grandson home(meeting our daughter at halfway point) and then nothing else on the agenda. My hairdresser gave me 2 zucchini and I want to research some recipes to use at least one for dinner. DH won't eat it, so whatever I make, I'll be having to eat it all! I'm thinking something using marinara sauce & parm cheese.

I really need to get back to the gym and may do that this afternoon. Tomorrow morning is golf.....then I could do the gym again on Friday. Trying to make a plan. When I'm at my sister's next week, I could use the gym in her building a few times. Notice how I'm really trying to talk myself into getting serious about this working out thing?

Our humidity has finally broken and it is fresh & clean outside. We actually pulled up a blanket early this morning. Ahhh.......I like the warm weather but the past few weeks have been oppressive.

Trig & Nic.......hope you're having great days!
  #2347   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 05:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

LOL Blue hubby took some lake cg pics, will have him send them to the email and I can get ya a look at this place :}

we took only 1 pic of kiddo in front of the lost sea sign. other than that the cave was so cool, we just never took pics, but hubby did get one of the old still to make moonshine they had in the 'cavern tavern' inside the cave. yea, it was like party central down in that cave LOL bar and bomb shelter at one time HAHA my kind of cave ya know!

Lori. you wrap the fish filet in foil and freeze? Thinking back I never use foil in the freezer.....does it do a better job of keeping out freezer burn? just wondering on that one.....

SOOooo, how is the new haircut? You liking the new version of yourself in this cut?

Jaz, ahh, yea ya got a nutjob boss. Very good you are doing HR now. Smart move. Let them deal with it and ANY and all BS from your boss, get it documented immediately. Now it is a paper trail and all so you want to make sure you keep up with HR on ANY bad behavior from this nutjob….maybe her 'retirement' she has been mentioning will come early now if you are lucky!!

Hubby won't keep any of these fish. catch and release. going after monster strippers but we don't like to eat these fish but many do but these ones will be lucky, he will put them back. Hope he gets a monster one to take a pic and enjoy himself out there.

HI ALL

Lost Sea was very cool. didn't take hardly any pics. It was like no one was interested in using their phone pics on this trip LOL but it was super cool. very very humid in that cave to where you were melting almost even tho it was cooler. You know it was nothing to rave about, the actual lake under the cave, but it was super duper cool to see it ONE time ya know....but info about cavern was neat on it all. Glad I did it once! beautiful kind of other world down there...big cavern actually.

after that we hit Sweetwater Valley Farm. A dairy that makes tons of fresh cheese and has store and tours. No tours, barns being renovated but we bought the best fresh cheeses. the so called Garden Blend cheddar, wow, I got some and it is delish. Kiddo is loving the Elk Summer Sausage. Yes she loves stuff like that got a few other 'very pricey' things like hubby got honey, fancy bbq sauces etc that are way over priced LOL but hey, on vacay so bit that bullet. but fun to shop there and lady fried up fresh cheese curds, yes I sure sampled that, yum

hubby left at 6 am to meet fishing guide

today is swim and goof. relax and chill. today I will liquor up a bit cause today seems like a good day to do just that HAHA

omg tho….the lake has these little fish that bite ya. driving me nuts while swimming. a small school of them come at ya and hit ya full force like eating you alive LOL No, they don't hurt you or anything, but it is just unnerving getting attacked all the time by these little guys...not my kind of swimming but I can put up with it for now....give me another lake without the little biting fish anyday HAHA

chat up later ya'll

Last edited by Whirrlly : Wed, Jul-18-18 at 05:51.
  #2348   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 06:53

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz. Girl. I am so sorry that M is such a ginormous B and is making life so completely crappy for you. I do think you hit the wall on how much you could take and how much she should be allowed to get away with. I'm sorry you had to go to HR but I really don't think you had much of a choice anymore. You did the right thing and your girls are right here behind you.

I had an assistant one year that made my life an absolute living hell. She was awful. I would come home and cry daily. Luckily I was able to move into a different job (and a better one) the following year but ugh, it was long and hard. I really feel for you.

Blue- Girl, you always know the right things to say. I'm not Jaz but I was comforted.

My DH has a trench coat, I think a London Fog, and my Mom has one that she has used for decades that is a Burberry. For me, they are so long and heavy. I am more of a fleece or down puffer kind of chick. I love that they have found ways to make jackets more and more lightweight and packable.

Super glad that you are so happy with your new haircut arrangements!

Lori- You and Blue have me thinking about cold brew again. Maybe I will resurrect mine. I did that for a long time then moved on to using a French press. I love the ritual of making coffee.

Hope you love your haircut! I should get in too. I haven't had my hair cut for months. Maybe like March or something? I should get a trim so it can grow a bit before the wedding.

Thanks for sending the pics!

It is great that you are going to have nice fresh caught salmon! That is a big cost savings too!

I've never heard of using foil to store things in the freezer. I tell you, one of the best purchases of the year for me was finally getting one of those Food Saver things. It is great. Really protects meat and such from freezer burn, plus keeps other things fresher longer. I bought the rolls of bag material online for much cheaper.

Kmom- Love your pics too. Both of them, the happy family and the notepad. I know you are going to have such a good time on your trip. I can't wait to hear about it when you get back!

Trig- The Lost Sea sounds like a really cool thing to experience. Sometimes you just gotta put the camera down and be in the moment and it sounds like that is what everyone was doing.

Okay- So I love a lake to look at, be on a boat, maybe float in... but biting fish? No thank you!! The pontoon boat time sounds amazing!

Now go get Liquored Up and have The Chop share pic or two!

•••••••

I'm writing you from a train! Sort of loving it. A fun new adventure. DH and I managed to get one of only six tables in the cafe car and so we are spread out here facing each other, and watching the world go by while we do our stuff. I tell ya, you definitely see some crummy parts of cities on a train, don't you? I want to do a couple of LONG train rides one day, like the Rocky Mountain one with the fancy dining car and sleeping on the train.

Speaking of sleeping, my sleep habits have been pretty crappy lately. I sleep about an hour, then I am awake/ drowsing for about 2-3 hours, then I sleep again from about 3 or 4 AM until around 7 or 7:30. Thank God for my Kindle so I can lay in bed and read. Otherwise the nights would feel endless. This happens to me from time to time. It will pass eventually.

Jaz- we are going to see Hamilton, going to see the Cloisters and otherwise just hanging out. DH wants to go to Rice to Riches which is a fantastic Baskin-Robbins-of-rice-puddings shop. Even if you don't like rice pudding, this is the bomb. So many flavors! Like 20 or something. Look it up!

On the last day, Friday, I am not sure what we will do yet. I would love to see the Tenement Museum but I think the Cloisters will be enough of that for this trip- DH is thinking he wants to stay a long while. I am kind of dreading it- I mean I am all over it for 2-3 hours but not 6!

We need to get a new mattress. We've needed to for a while. I am not opposed to buying one online.. I don't think you can tell much from lying on one in a mattress store for ten minutes and of course their job is to upsell you etc. I am thinking of using Costco (their return policy is amazing) or Tuft and Needle (also a great return policy) but I am not ready to commit. I will look into the Sealy Black line you guys are talking about. There are a few mattress review sites that are unbiased and very informative.

Ok, enough from me! Next time I check in I'll be in NYC!
  #2349   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 17:11

BF:

NIC- OMG- your trip- what FUN. I have always wanted to do a train ride too! Like a TRIP ride! Where you get your own room ect. So romantic! I would love that!!!!!!

Blue- you were in my head all day!!!!!!
So first thing that happen- she got an ass chewing- second she had to apologize.
Then HR called and ask if I wanted to officaillly open it. I was tempted to say no- ALMOST felt sorry for her. But I said YES. I want protection down the line when she goes from weepy to vindictive. I am the 5th person to have a formal complain in 1.5 years. They are asking for those emails. They want the paper trail. I truly think this might be it for her- or pretty dam close. I would expect retirement real soon!!!!! fingers crossed.

Anyway- she should be afraid to fart around me at this point- I turned evidence. Gladly too I might add. I am going to be like that small splinter in your foot no one can see yet it is felt- and drive the person crazy. Yet ya can't see it- no visible. Yup- I am that splinter with a beautiful smile to see her out the door. Sooner rather than later. my next name- SHARD- LOVE it- Dexter like.

Thanks again for that beautiful post. Bit the bullet and went through with it.
Now the chips will fall where they may. I love Karma- it is the beautiful equalizer. It really is. What goes around- gee I wonder if I should buy that 450 million dollar lotto - naw- I'm not that soft either!!!!! HHAHAHAHAHA

Trig- You are such a hoot to me. I just love your simplicity. I say that with the utmost respect. You know how to wring the most out of the most simple things in life and embrace them and love them. the smell of the water, the feel of fish, the beauty of the mountains, the love of family. I just love that about you. Not complicated most people make things. Just simple, pure beauty, and brute honesty! No games! Love reading your posts. I bet you talk just like you write.
Bring it sister!!!!!!!! Enjoy too the last couple days you got going on! Thanks for staying in touch. you are sorely missed when you are dark!

Lori- you crack my up- getting serious about the work out thing????Serious? You are the work out QUEENon this thread. But from my side- you just need to do more than walk from the bed to the car to the cube to the recliner!!!!!!! Dear Goodness did I really write that out!!!!!! URGHHHHHHHHHH========-------------------------------------------------------------
Back on the LC train- yes yesterday was a Total bust. No regrets- moving forward.
Back on track- it was a set back for sure.

I am feeling better today- like I have a fighting change to get this degree and move on! My goal- stick around long enough to be Dr. Jones! HAHAAHAH-

Ok- All I got for today- LONG day- and just tired.
Last word:
Good beds are the key to great sleep!

Great night ladies
  #2350   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 18:08

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hey there ladies, do you mind me joining in, back to the forum after a few years away and like to get to know people here
  #2351   ^
Old Wed, Jul-18-18, 20:40

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals!

Middlemist---Jump right in, you are welcome. We are LCOW---low carb our way. Some of us are very strict about it, others of us less so depending on the time and circumstance. But we are all here because we are former carb hounds, and we are all trying to to solve that, one way or the other. Warning: this is not a thread where we just talk about LC foods and our LC woes. We talk about our lives, and all the ways that influences what we eat, where we succeed and where we don't, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Our door is open, just want to represent us fairly. Give us a try and see if we fit your needs.

Trig---Already saw plenty of pix of the Lost Sea after googling knowing you were going there. What I REALLY love is the pix you sent us of where YOU ARE right now. OMG girl, you know how to camp! And where.

And I know how you like to get away from it all when you RV, but can't tell you how great it has been to hear from you on your joy trips. SO freaking fun.

Hey, LOL, on those tiny fish who bite. Did you ever hear of those Japanese "pedicures" that involve putting your feet in a pool of water with thousands of tiny fish who come up and chew off all your dead skin?! Yes, this is a thing. Those who have done it say it doesn't hurt at all, and the fishies do a fine job of it. But...oh my, I just think I couldn't.

Nic---I love that you wrote us from the train!

I used to take the train to visit my mom in Milwaukee, many years ago. And yeah, train tracks do go thru some of the worst parts of cities. But also, thru some lovely small towns and beautiful country scenery. I too would love to take an extended train trip that includes diner cars and sleeping rooms. It's an old fashioned way to travel, and you have to have the time to do it. But I think I would love it.

Expect you to be in the whirl of NYC for a bit, hope you have time to share, understand if you don't, you can fill us in when you get home. NYC is both full of energy and takes energy!

Jaz---Really? Cruella had to apologize to you?! YAY.

I am shocked she's had so many HR reports and still sits in her office being a jerk and cashing the company's checks. I do think that HR tends to go easier on people the higher up the chain they are. It's like they think, well, she's a boss and everyone has complaints about a boss.

OTOH, as I said, people don't go to HR easily or without fear, because going to HR is always going over someone's head. So five times in a year and a half is a lot. All I care about is that you are safe in the job you do so well, and that you not be further abused by her. IOW, I hope you've scared her into better behavior towards you.

Sadly, I don't have confidence that the company will necessarily fire her. Hard to say what the last straw is in a corporate environment. They may just listen to you and do what it takes to make you happy, and keep her. Why? I dunno, but I've seen enough of it. Remember you're not in this for her to lose---that's her stuff and their decision---you're in it for you to win the respect and flexibility to do what you do best. That's what your fighting for. Don't lose sight of that.

Don't worry about a night off the woe. You never even give yourself a treat night, so sometimes treat night finds you, right?

Lori---DO try the protein powder in your cold press coffee. Are you drinking it iced? Don't know what it would taste like in hot cold press coffee---in fact I don't particularly like cold press coffee hot LOL, that's a tongue twister.

But various flavors of protein powder are DELISH in iced coffee. I have used your rec on MRM Vanilla whey protein powder, and that's what I usually use. It is very good and dissolves easily. I also got some salted caramel protein powder, can't remember if it was MRM, but it was good. I'm out of it now. But I would add a bit of sweetener and a couple of shakes of salt to this version of my iced coffee...mmmmmmmmmmmm. Coffee AND sustenance for a couple of hours. Great combo for me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today a pal of mine and I went to some furniture stores. I'm thinking of getting a new sofa for our new place. We currently have two sofas, one that is gorgeous and I wouldn't dream of getting rid of. The other one...well, I still like it and it is in decent shape. But it is a russet color and I'm just thinking I want something lighter and more neutral.

Found two today. One is out of this world, and higher priced. The other is not quite as fab, but half the price. So, I'm thinking on it. May just keep the old one, don't know. But do know I need to continue to get excited about the future, because gals, it is still hurting me to think of leaving this house, particularly now when we've done so much to spruce it up. So, just have to find the balance between what was, and what can be. And if it costs a few extra bucks to make our new home really special, then I'll invest that. We'll see.

Anyway, then pal and I had a nice happy hour, couple of drinks and small plates. I hesitate to say on plan, because I did have half of a margarita flat bread plate. BUT, other than my morning protein shake, and a LC mussels appetizer, that's all I had today. And the "crust" was thinner than a fingernail.

Again, trying to balance calories, carbs and lifestyle right now. Today was just fine if not perfect. Still, I got a little bigger tube around my middle I didn't used to have. It's not huge the way it used to be, it's not stopping me from wearing most of my clothes, but I don't like it.

I'm just not ready to attack it right now either. Five years on plan, and this year has been the most challenging ever, for reasons that are obvious to me. But I'm just going to keep checking in here and writing out my thoughts about it. At least I'm not into fooling myself, I know what I'm up to and the cost for right now.

SIGH. Do miss my stronger on plan times. Really hope to find my way back there.

Last edited by Blue52 : Wed, Jul-18-18 at 20:54.
  #2352   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 03:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 148/145/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 17%

Thanks, Blue yes I'd love to join
First intro about me, used to be a member here on and off for about 10 years ... same with LC was on it on and off for 10 years, I lost weight and reached my target twice, and this is my 3rd round of wanting to lose the weight ... I keep doing the same mistake of going off LC
Anyway, like everyone else here, life doe happen to us and interrupt our dedication to healthy food, but we just have to pick ourselves up and keep going
  #2353   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 04:28

BF:

Good Morning everyone- Welcome Middlemist!
Blue- yes she had to apologize! BUT she is also going on a PLAN OF CORRECTION as I am the 5th person. I can see her resisting that and just retiring. I give her less than 6 months. I can wait her out!

Get the couch you REALLY want. I have learned the hard way when I SETTLE I am not happy. I kept wishing I would have gotten what I really wanted. That can apply to just about anything right? Get what you want and enjoy the HELL out it! And no regrets! You have EARNED it. You are sacrificing enough- best to make the very BEST out of where you are going. I have been in some very cute apts. I also think I had a cute apt. I made it very cozy and so can you!
My only issue was the lady running a day care upstairs and the jumping.
I think 30-50 net carbs is your sweet spot!

NIC- I am very excited to hear about NYC! How exciting! That is right- this is the big 50 for the hubby! Awesome! Where are you staying? Manhattan? Are you even renting a car. It is shocking to me to how people there don't even own cars.
I can sorta relate because I used to take the bus everywhere or rode my bike everywhere in Ohio. Here in Atlanta everyone is in a car. I should know - I battle 6 million of them on the roads! Keep us posted!

Trig- I seriously love your set up. It is no wonder you have wonder lust! I could do that for a year or more- really could. You have it down to a science too! You have a shower in that camper too don't ya?
When does the kiddo/ teen/ go back to school? Man these kids these days look so mature so young!

Lori- So you are back at the gym? Good for you. Your favorite machine is the treadmill right, and weights? Are you all caught up to speed from your vacay? I know you are going to your sisters next week. How long are you staying? I think she will feel SO MUCH better! My hyster was the scariest thing I ever did, and the best thing I have ever done for myself. Can you believe it will be 2 years in Jan.
Keep us posted.

Kmom- hope you are doing well.

Middlemist- what type of LC do you do? I can tell you from experience that it needs to be a lifestyle forever. This is my second and LAST time I will get to goal. I too lost over 100 pounds and boom in 3 months gained 50 back. Just like that. Once I hit goal- I will do whatever it takes to maintain.
We have several people here who are maintainers. I am not one of those- YET!!!! I am more KETO/LC than most on here. I keep my carbs under 10 total MOST days- rarely over 20 total. I am super carb sensitive though. It could take a second for me to be 500 pounds! Serious!
Welcome
-----------------------------------------------------------
See above- boss in Correction Action Plan- if not today- then tomorrow. I saw her boss in her office for over an hour yesterday.
But HR- spoke with me and wants to put something formal into place. It is for my benefit. I am glad about it actually.

I had a blip a few nights ago and I am struggling to get back on track. I hit the top of my 20 carbs last night. I also am still reeling from that dud over the weekend. I know in my head he was a putz. It is just a struggle for every pound. Funny- when I lost all my weight I remember so vividly a conversation I had with someone whom I really respected. He said- you will NEVER be fat again. You know what it feels like now on this side. I still remember that conversation too!

I am going to Greenville this weekend. Ava surgery is postponed for a couple months. She actually went off her oxygen for 8 hours yesterday. YAY for her! Now they are wanting to supplement her diet with some protein but she is not tolerating it. Throws it right up.
Can you believe her Birthday is Aug. 6th- almost a year- but 8 months adjusted. But she presented herself Aug. 6th. So I will roll with that. It means a GIFT when I go!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH

This weekend is going to be busy. So Sat with the kids- then Sunday I am going to dinner with my mom and her husband for his birthday. I think he is 60 something- pushing the door of 70. I dunno- he has always been old from the day I met him. That was 25 years ago! Some people stay young forever- he was never one of those! HAHAHAHAHA. Anyway...... lots going on.

I am getting a Garmin- I have narrowed it down. I want the Charge 2 model. It has the sleep mode and the heart rate and calorie burner and steps. I can get it for about 90.00 I was going to get it yesterday, but they were having trouble with their website. I am going through work. I get a 25% off discount. So I will look at that today. I hope to be up and running literally by next week!
Great day everyone!
  #2354   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 04:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Welcome MM, yes we talk about anything and everything here...always in a supportive manner.

Blue...I guess my iced coffee is not cold pressed, but cold BREW. I don't use a press, I just put coarse grounds in a wire mesh filter submerged into the pitcher for about 24 hours. Yesterday I poured it over ice and then added a bit of unsweetened vanilla cashew milk, a splash of heavy cream and a few drops of stevia. Yum! I was thinking of doing the protein powder, but would have to whiz it with my milk frother to blend it I suppose. I will try it one day.

Trig...loved the camping pics. I, too, did a lot of camping when I was a kid. I guess I was about 10 when we got our first camper. We went nearly every weekend from late Spring thru Labor Day. Many happy times spent sitting around a camp fire.

Nic...your train journey sounds fun! The only time I've done a train is when I went from Harrisburg to NYC last summer to meet up with my friends. It was easy and a fun way to travel. Quite comfortable too! Have fun in the Big Apple.

Jaz...sounds like "it" has hit the fan at work. You be the splinter girl! I'm glad you went ahead with HR. 5th complaint in 1.5 years?? My question is why is she still in her position?? Sigh....corporate. Hope today goes well.

I'm off to the golf course in about an hour. I have a match today that was postponed from Sunday. I'll probably get beat, but I don't care. It'll be a beautiful day on the course. The lady I'm playing is a hoot. She is 82 years old but man oh man, can she hit the ball!! I want to be her when I'm 82!! She skis in the winter and plays golf all summer...in her 80's!! Awesome!

Ok....got to get some coffee in my system and get ready to go. Only 50 degrees this morning...so refreshing! May even need a light jacket this morning. Sure a change in the weather.

Have good days!
  #2355   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-18, 16:37

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals.

Jaz---So what does "Plan of correction" basically entail? Is it an Orwellian phrase for "probation?" Love to hear the juicy details of Karma taking her turn with this woman. In any case, sounds like you're in a good position here, and either way, she's going to have to back off. So glad you went to HR and stood firm on filing your report. It takes courage to do that. You did good.

Regarding sofa---I know what you mean about getting the one you love best, but honestly I like the 2nd best 90% as well as first best and it is less than half the price, without looking like it at all. Excellent fabric, beautiful but sturdy, looks like it would cost a lot more than it does, which normally it does, but is now on sale at their big yearly home sale.

It would allow me to get a new chair too for the same cost as "first best." And of course I found a great one also on sale---gorgeous sunny yellow leather. Swivel and comfy as heck. Sofa is light linen gray, very clean lines. Walls will be light linen gray too, my rug is gray and ivory. Chair and accessories/art will bring pops of color to airy color scheme. Haha, I sound like my stylist/copywriter self.

PLUS, I can buy it on a no interest plan that will cost me $120 a month for 12 months, like cash, no interest. And that includes tax and white glove delivery. This is how I buy everything big, so I only have to put a bit out a month at no additional cost, but I still get it NOW.

Even so, struggling w/it financially, but emotionally it makes my heart smile. This is why the trench coat went back. Bigger dreams to catch. And, may be able to sell our sofa for a hundred or so on Craig's list.

Thanx for listening to me think out loud, pal.

Lori---That's exactly how my hubby makes my "cold whatever." He's a doll this way, always keeps a carafe in the fridge waiting for me. W/the protein powder you recommended, MRM, I find I don't need to use a blender all. Pro tip is the powder has to go in FIRST. Then the coffee and a couple drops of sweetener. From here I stir fast and it dissolves well and quickly. I also have one of those stick blenders, but by the time I clean that, the spoon is just easier and works just as well. Then I add the cream and ice.

Was just re-reading/skimming really, Dr. Eades and his wife's "6 week cure." It is specifically about losing middle aged middles. I won't do the whole plan, but one of the things they suggest for 2 weeks is two protein shakes, one meal---whenever you want it. I would do shake for breakfast and lunch, and save my meal for dinner. They have a great couple of pages of easy protein shakes all of which are some kind of whey protein powder, and a mixer. So think I'm going to try this and amp up the variety of flavors, plus I can't do 2 caffeine drinks like this in one day.

For instance, one is Hanson's Diet Tangerine Lime soda, vanilla whey protein powder and cream. Sounds yum to me. Many more like this, including some using frozen unsweetened berries. All quick and easy to make.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was good to re-vist the 6 week cure today, even if I'm not ready to do the plan as they write it, I'm very interested in experimenting w/parts of it as stated above. Also, it was inspirational to be reminded of the importance of saturated fat on a LC diet, as well as several other things. I knew most of it, but you forget all the details and reasons you went LC to begin with---LOL, or blank them out.

Anyway, going to do a "protein shake" shop to stock up on flavor varieties, and when I get that done, I'm going to give it a whirl for 2 weeks. Don't know if I'll make it all 14 days, but I might, and hey, if I make it 10 or 12 out of 14, it will be a good experiment.

Last edited by Blue52 : Thu, Jul-19-18 at 16:43.
Closed Thread