Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Mon, Aug-15-11, 20:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:

black57, do you just eat the one meal during the eating time? Sometimes I'm OK with meat and vegetables or a salad till the next day. But tonight I started getting hungry and thought about some scrambled eggs. Does the 2nd meal have an effect if you stay in the eating window or is it better to eat one meal and try to make it till the next day?
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Tue, Aug-16-11, 07:48

Plan: Meat & Eggs/IF
Stats: 165.2/159.6/155 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 55%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieK
black57, do you just eat the one meal during the eating time? Sometimes I'm OK with meat and vegetables or a salad till the next day. But tonight I started getting hungry and thought about some scrambled eggs. Does the 2nd meal have an effect if you stay in the eating window or is it better to eat one meal and try to make it till the next day?

Well, if I may. When I have my eating time, I only eat one meal then I will do 48 hours IF then eat again. But that is what is working for me
  #2013   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 11:36

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylvieK

It depends on how I feel. When I have one meal I eat very well and I make sure I am satiated. I would have had the eggs, personally. Then plan my strategy for the next day. I don't try to eat a little bit of food to break my fast. A caveman was clueless about IF yet he did this all the time. He knew that he may not eat for several days so he ate his fill and hoped for the best Chances are if you needed the eggs, you probably did not eat enough at meal time. In my honest opinion, you should eat plenty of food that keeps your glucose stable, such as meat and veggies, of course. The fasting will help to support glucose stability once it has adapted.
I drink coffee with cream and mct oil while I am fasting. I also drink sparkling water
  #2014   ^
Old Wed, Aug-17-11, 16:22

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 000
BF:
Progress:

Thanks black57, that's helpful. Seems to be a cycle: after a couple of days, appetite goes down, I almost don't think about eating; but then eat just a little during eating time, and a few days later start getting hungrier during fasting times.

Before I read your comments today, I sort of did what you suggest: wasn't very hungry but after eating meat/veggies/avocado, I also had some plain mascarpone cheese; that really did the trick. Eating a little of something high-fat to get more calories in when I just don't feel like eating more food to stay satiated.

I feel SO much better lately, joint pains less, more energy. Want to tweak so this works long-term I hope.
  #2015   ^
Old Thu, Aug-18-11, 01:08

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Sylvie, your body will tell you what to do. When we are not hungry there is a reason for that...the body doesn't need to eat.I better save anymore comments for tomorrow...I am sleepy as all-get-out, whatever that means.
  #2016   ^
Old Tue, Aug-23-11, 10:10

Plan: m&e.IF
Stats: 224/214/140 Female 60 in
BF:52%
Progress: 12%
Default second times a charm

Hello everyone I am trying one more time IF, I am at 198lbs and for a 5ft tall person that's allot. a little about myself I am 48 and a in remission from CFS (chronic fatigue)

Today my eating window is from 1PM til 6Pm, everyone pray for me LOL. This is the second time i have done this last time I got to 153Lbs, and because I did not make my goal I got depressed, and fell head first into a chocolate cake and stayed there for about 4 yrs.

I hope it is different this time the weight is coming off a lot slower than it did four yrs ago ,I think I am pre-menopausal

Last edited by sloslo1 : Tue, Aug-23-11 at 10:11. Reason: can not spell grammer bad too
  #2017   ^
Old Wed, Aug-24-11, 06:06
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there IFers, now that this thread has more than 2000 posts, it's time for Part V.
Closed Thread