Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 10:55
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb-My Version
Stats: 278.5/000.0/150 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 217%

Just a thought for the people who don't like the protein powder taste. When I make these donuts I either grate some nutmeg into the mix or add some cinnamon depending on my mood that day. It might help mask that flavour you are trying to avoid. You could even grate some lemon or orange peel in. I've never tried that but I would imagine that would taste great. I think I'll even try that myself since my favourite donut I used to eat was an orange stick from Tim Hortons here in Canada.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Mar-16-06, 11:57

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 182/174/135
BF:
Progress: 17%

I can't wait to try this. Funnel Cakes are my Favorite treat!
  #63   ^
Old Sat, Jul-22-06, 09:34

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Made these for the first time yesterday and WOW!!! DELISH! I used a pampered chef small scoop, and it made 10 holes. Between breakfast and mid morning snack, I polished them off. Making some more today. I'm going to mix a little unsweetened cocoa and splenda for the coating on some, and make a "glaze" of splenda and water for the others. When I get adventurous, I'm going to try to fill them before I flip them with some SF strawberry jelly... when I feel adventurous that is!!! This is one of the best LC recipes I have ever tried!!
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Aug-02-06, 15:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 254/219/150 Female 5ft 1in
BF:
Progress: 34%

Holy Sh*t! This stuff tastes EXACLTY like funnel cake! I put a little whip cream on top and OMG I was in heaven. Even my grandma who is absolutely against eating anything remotely new liked it. I told it was low carb only after she ate half the recipe lol. I ate so much of it I feel a little ill/stuffed but it was worth it. I put a little chocolate whipped cream put ontop and ate it. I am going to make a big batch and have it for breakfest as a quick meal in the morning.
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 09:11

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 228/192/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 35%

These were really good, thanks for the recipe
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 12:08
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

You might try to use a gum, like xanthum or guar, to get the stickiness to increase.
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Sep-17-06, 14:22
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

I really liked this but can only eat 3 or they sit like a brick in my stomach.

Angel
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-06, 05:59

Plan: My own+BFL
Stats: 295/192/170 Female 5'4
BF:46.3/33/25
Progress: 82%

mmmm... so good! Had 4 of them for bfast this morning I use strawberry whey powder in mine and they come out awesome, with just a hint of strawberry I also use the liquid sweetener and 1/2 a scoop of powder, so total carbs are only like 3ish.
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-06, 06:10
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

After reading all the posts on this thread, I went out and bought some protein powder. I got Designer Whey Protein Powder in Vanilla flavor from GNC. It was about $14. Kind of steep for the small of a tub but much less expensive than eating meals out (which I am trying not to do!) so I went for it.

Anyway, these were THE BEST!!!! Very light and puffy and so, so good. I was out of vanilla extract so I subbed it for lemon and they turned out wonderful.

I've never had protein powder before this so I don't think they tasted powdery or anything. Now that I have it, I'll try some other recipes but WOW this will be a staple. Thanks for the recipe!!
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-06, 07:15
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

klc145 - Check your grocery stores. I have found the designer whey in my local Albertsons for about $9 a thing. The walmart started carrying it, but a huge box which I think has individual packets instead of just loose product, which makes it harder to use for baking in some ways (I could just dump them all out in my own container I supose).

In both cases it's found in the suppliments section by pharmacy.
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-06, 13:27
feels like today

Plan: Atkins - Induction
Stats: 203.5/187.5/145 Female 5ft. 1in.
BF:
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyBelle
klc145 - Check your grocery stores. I have found the designer whey in my local Albertsons for about $9 a thing. The walmart started carrying it, but a huge box which I think has individual packets instead of just loose product, which makes it harder to use for baking in some ways (I could just dump them all out in my own container I supose).

In both cases it's found in the suppliments section by pharmacy.

Ahh, thank you for that. I just checked GNC because I knew they had it. Should have known though...everything in there is super expensive!
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Jan-18-07, 07:22

Plan: low carb
Stats: 210/172/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 54%

klc145 turned me on to this recipe~so I'm bumping it up because it sounds so delicious~maybe some newbies would like to try it~

Thank you~!! klc!

I found my container in marc's~I don't know if those stores are around any of you~but mine was about $8.
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jan-19-07, 07:32

Plan: LOOKING FOR A PLAN
Stats: 239/183/165 Female 5'9"
BF:Yes I have that
Progress: 76%

I made these this morning, I didn't have the Designer Whey Brand mine was a walmart brand which was like 9.00 for a HUGE container (30 servings).
These were Delicious! I left out the butter and used Davinci Syrup for the liquid, The batter fried up quickly and was wonderful!
  #74   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-07, 18:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/143/125 Female 61
BF:
Progress: 67%

OK I just made these and will probably eat them all before I go to bed but here's my Q. I used Designer chocolate whey powder and one scoop has 2 carbs. Where is she getting 6 carbs for the total? Splenda is 0 egg is 0 butter is 0 so where do the other 4 carbs come from? The vanilla?
  #75   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-07, 19:11
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Splenda is not 0 carbs. It has 0.5 grams of carbs/teaspoonful for the "measure for measure" type, and one of the little packets also has about 0.5 grams of carbs. (The little packets have the same sweetness as about 2 t of sugar, though.) One large egg has about 0.6 grams of carbs. Maybe someone will run the recipe through Fitday for you, or you can do it yourself on this site, using Myplan. HTH!