Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-23-08, 21:22
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%
Thumbs up Alpine Eggs

I was looking for a Swiss cheese 'n egg breakfast recipe and like this one I found in my old links, its LC enough for induction too:

http://recipecircus.com/recipes/she...pine_Eggs_.html

Note: Swiss cheese is one of the lowest in sodium, but the quality of the cheese in the stores varies greately.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-24-08, 00:17
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

It sounds really good! Do you have any idea whether the person who created the recipe meant teaspoons or tablespoons of heavy cream? Have you made the recipe? How much heavy cream works best in your opinion?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 08:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/155/150 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I made a single one of these today with 1 egg, 1 slice of swiss, 1 T cream and 1 T parmesan with 1 slice of cooked bacon and it was very good. I'm gonna make this again and would do it for company. Anne
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-25-08, 09:38
Never Give Up!

Plan: It's anybody's guess!
Stats: 350/250/160 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1annewil
I made a single one of these today with 1 egg, 1 slice of swiss, 1 T cream and 1 T parmesan with 1 slice of cooked bacon and it was very good. I'm gonna make this again and would do it for company. Anne
Thanks for breaking it down to one serving! Did you put the cooked bacon in the ramekin, too? If so, did you crumble it, or just kind of fit it in, or put it on top?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-26-08, 07:20

Stats: 168/155/150 Female 5'8.5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

I have another one today baking right now. I micro-ed a bacon and cut it up and put on the egg and then the cream and then the parm. It was good. Anne
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Sep-04-08, 19:11
Grease is the word!

Plan: PSMF/IF
Stats: 236/181/180 Male 72 inches
BF:disappearing!
Progress: 98%

I used almost teaspoons of cream per egg, fresh ground pepper and Parmesan-- I think ill use cheddar cheese and bacon next time as I thought the Parmesan made it taste a bit too salty. I think 15 minutes would have been enough cooking time in my toaster oven. Ill use the Parmesan on my baked Tilapia fillets
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-08, 15:21

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

I made this today; shredded mexican cheese mix instead of a slice of swiss. It was very good.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-08, 04:44

Stats: 150/143.3/138 Female 5'5"
BF:27.9
Progress: 56%

There's an error in the recipe. It says 4 teaspoons cream in the ingredient list but tells you to put 1 tablespoon cream per each in the directions. I went with the directions at 1 tablespoon per each and it was wonderful. I like this because I can make a bunch on the weekend and re-heat for 10 seconds in the microwave during the work week. They even travel well to work for lunches. Excellent recipe. I omitted adding extra salt as most cheeses have plenty already. And it's easier to salt after cooking than it is to remove too much! Although I didn't feel any additional was necessary.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Dec-05-10, 07:17

Stats: 150/143.3/138 Female 5'5"
BF:27.9
Progress: 56%

I still love this recipe! It is so easy and you can make as many as you want and put them up for later use. Very tasty! I don't measure the cream or cheese anymore. Just sprinkle some on top to coat. Today I'm making them with Provalone cheese.