Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 07:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Happy Friday, ladies!

Hope this finds all of you doing FAB-tastic!

Berni:
Wishing you & your fam a safe and uneventful trip to Florida! I know you're stopping in TN this evening! Can't wait to receive your text that you made it safely there!

De:
Quote:
I’ve never forgotten it’s a choice!
Yeppers! And you continued success proves that!

Sure beats the alternative, eh?

Amy:
Quote:
There is a theme going on here with tuna and Dukes.
(Hellman's for me since we do not have Duke's.)
Yeppers, Imma addicted to tuna!

And Holy HANNAH, girlie, I thought I LIVED in the armpit of the US (aka quaint lil burg with not many grocery shopping opportunities). I get my Duke's at Wally World... did you know you can order it online from Amazon?

Your local Wally World could probably order it for you too, come to think of it. Or even tell the store manager to put it on the shelves!!!

IMHO, Duke's is the closest to home-made w/o the mess!

I love it also b/c it's one of the few mayos on the market that contain no sugar or starches, etc. Here's the ingredient list:

Soybean oil, eggs, water, distilled and cider vinegar, salt, oleoresin paprika, natural flavors, calcium disodium EDTA added to protect flavor.

Quote:
My exercise is walking/hiking with my dog too but he started limping a couple weeks ago and is on bedrest . He is improving now but I probably need to give it another week. I my faithful companion. We both think carbs are dumb too
Awww sorry about your furbaby! Hope he's feeling better now!

My lil Chico dog who is 7.5 lbs of terror & part Chihuahua and God knows what, is 14.5 yo.

I bought him a doggie stroller years ago so he could go with me on my walks. He hurt his hip when he was about 8 so I don't want him to over do it!

I let him walk about 1/2 mile and then put him in the stroller for the duration b/c you know how our furbabies are, they'll walk with us til they drop...
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 11:05

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hello All

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Friday!

It’s pretty much the same here, nothing new and exciting.

If anyone wants to know how I made my coleslaw, here it is. I dont measure, but these are the ingredients:

Small head of red cabbage
Red & green onion
Fresh parsley & cilantro

Chop all vegetables

Dressing:
Mayonnaise
Heavy whipping cream
Lemon juice
Vinegar
Salt & pepper
Celery seeds

Mix well, pour on vegetables and stir in

That’s it, sorry I just eye ball everything and don’t have an actual recipe!

My DH ate the majority of it, but I had a couple of small helpings.
  #198   ^
Old Fri, Jun-08-18, 11:42

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Your coleslaw looks yummy, Delaney. I love cilantro.

Your pup in a stroller must be so cute, Jo. My lab mix would not be okay with riding in a stroller. His limp is improving so we'll be able to increase activity in a few days. I'll check with Amazon on the Duke's.

Hope you are getting some sunshine, Paulette!

Hope your trip is great, Bernie. Being prepared is so wise. Everything is much better if we are not worried about food.

I am celebrating a week without cheese! Honestly, it was a little difficult at times but the craving has decreased. I've been going down on the scale too, mostly fluid I'm sure. Eating plenty, no hunger.
  #199   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 04:18
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Saturday, ladies!

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoying this spectacular day!

Texted Berni yesterday around 2-ish. She was 2 hours from Tennessee. She texted me at 9:22 pm saying that they had arrived in TN. Imma assuming where they were going to sleep for the night. I was already in bed catching ZZzzzzzzzz so I'll text her this am.

It took her longer than I thought it would. It's 500 miles from Chicago to Nashville, TN.

But she's traveling with her DD, DSIL and the 3 grands plus and her DSS. So the carb-ers probably stopped for lunch, dinner and maybe snacks along the way...

I know she has a long drive still ahead of them today... Don't know where they stopped in TN, but it's almost 700 miles for Nashville to Disney...

UPDATE: Got a text from Berni this morning. They are indeed in Nashville. Some of 'em went to the Grand Ole Opry last night. They will not leave Nashville until the butt crack of dawn (4:30 am) tomorrow to make their way to Disney.

De:
Thanks for sharing your coleslaw recipe! Sounds really de-lish and pretty with all the different colors!

Amy:
HUGE Congrats on your Cheese-free Week!

That's great that the cravings for that "crack" has started to diminish! Pretty soon it will be completely gone...
Quote:
I've been going down on the scale too, mostly fluid I'm sure.
Any weight loss is terrific, so congrats on that as well!

laffin about your lab-mix in a doggie stroller, yeah that probably won't FLY at all! That's good to hear that he is improving!

BTW: Here's a pic of Chico dog I took this morning...he weighs 7.5 lbs, so you can imagine how small his doggie stroller is!

It also doubles as a soft dog carrier that zips up all the way around (nylon mesh etc), so the best of both worlds!

Glad you're goin' check out Duke's on Amazon. If Imma not mistaken, I think Berni buys hers there too unless her Wally World finally started carrying it!

Paulette:
Hope you're doing well! Post when you get a chance, we miss you!

Me:
Staying busy sewing up a storm and playing guitar!

No complaints about my WOE/WOL. Posted this quote in my journal yesterday and it pretty much covers my feelings and thoughts about my incredible WOE:

No one's gonna watch what I eat for me, no one's gonna take away an ounce of my weight.

I can make up any story I want about it, but stories are bullshit: I can be a WARRIOR, or I can be a victim.

For the WARRIOR, no excuses! For the victim, only excuses!

~ unknown

Maybe I'll change my signature line to that! I'll think about it!

Onward and DOWNWARD, my LC friends!

Last edited by Just Jo : Sat, Jun-09-18 at 07:53. Reason: Option U: Update
  #200   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 08:42

BF:

Happy Saturday!

Jo, what a cute little doggy in his cute little stroller! We used to stroller around our last dog, before these two, when he got old. We used a regular size kid stroller.

Thanks for the update on Berni! Sounds like a good time.

Amy, good for you on the cheese free week ....yay

Heading to the gym this morning, have a great day all
  #201   ^
Old Sat, Jun-09-18, 12:56

BF:

Awww, so cute, Jo. <3

I'll not be falling victim to the cheeses some well-meaning family member has put in the fridge. Nope, not today.

Have a great Saturday!
  #202   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 06:50
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Happy Day, ladies!

Wishing everyone a totally spectacular day in every single way possible!

Berni UPDATE: Received a text from her this morning and they were heading out. I got it at 4:30 am, so 6:30 am their time. She says it's a 10 hour drive to Disney, but will probably take 12 hours with stops and all...

Gonna be a long-ass driving day for her... Don't know if she's doing the driving or just a passenger but still.... Pffffffft! Better her than me... I'd be crawling the walls already...

De:
I got the impression from her text that she didn't go with the others to the Grand Ole Opry. Maybe she was left baby sitting the grands whilst her DD, SIL and DSS went?? She did say "they" didn't return 'til real late hence the reason for staying one more day in Nashville...

Amy:
Way to stay WARRIOR strong by avoiding the cheese in the friggie!

You are doing GREAT!

Me:
I've been keeping myself out of trouble by doing lots of sewing (finished a tote bag, details in my journal) and guitar playing... baby blue afghan is still unfinished... but I'll get to it. I don't like to do things that don't "call" to me... and it ain't calling me YET! Or possibly, like a lot of my students, I have "selective" hearing?

I'll probably do more sewing today. Like most things in my life, I obsess about one of my hobbies for long periods of time and then move on to another... that explains the lack of interest in finishing the knitted baby afghan... But I'll cycle back thru to knitting up a storm like I always do!

Anyhoo: Exercising and eating 100% OP = SOSAD w/o any complaints! Totally 💚 love that!

On that note, Onward, my LC friends!
  #203   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 10:09

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone! Once more I am slacking with my reports! I was going to last night, but I was not feeling very well.

I am down another .4 lbs to 193.8. Now I only have 18.1 lbs to go until I reach my goal. I do not have a set date for this, but perhaps I should plan on one, just to keep myself extra accountable. To be reasonable, I am going to give myself about 4 months to do so. And I figure, why not set HALLOWEEN for this special date? That will give me a goal of about a lb a week. I think that is quite do-able for me.

Bernie - I sure envy you being in Florida! I would love to visit Florida some day and sit on a white sand beach. I sure hope you are having fun!

Jo - Yes, I want to trade weather with you! Once again it is cold and cloudy here. It is only 65˚ right now. It is SUPPOSED to be sunny tomorrow. I hope the weatherman is not lying about this, because it is also going to rain through Wednesday after that before it warms up again. This is an unusually cold June.

De - your slaw sounds awesome! I could never make that much, though as I could never eat it all and it would go to waste. But the dressing sounds so good that I think I will whip that up and use it for my spinach! Thank you!

Amy - We don't have Dukes around here, either, but I think Hellman's is the same thing, different name only. I believe... Anyhoo, I like Hellman's the best. Oh - by the way - I woke up around midnight last night starving and ate CHEESE. About 2 oz of pepper jack. It worked, and this morning I have not been hungry in the least. It is after 11am now and I am only into coffee yet. Cheese does serve a purpose after all!

Today I am going to have a spinach salad with TUNA! And Ed is smoking country style ribs today, so I have a good dinner all planned out, too. I wish I had a lemon to whip up De's dressing.

You all have a great day!
  #204   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 12:05

BF:

Sunday Hellos

Sunday is kind of my feast day so today I'm having bacon. No cheese!
I am sticking with Hellman's for now because Duke's seems a little pricey on Amazon. We have a simple exercise bike that my son tuned up for me and I bought a padded seat for it. I hope to begin a pedaling habit.

Paulette, congrats on your new low! And what a good amount of common sense you have. Your Halloween goal is perfectly reasonable. And how sensible to eat two ounces of cheese to stave off hunger, instead of eating all or nothing like some might do . That is a very good idea, to make De's dressing for your spinach. You mentioned an avocado dressing too--would you mind sharing your recipe?

Jo, selective hearing comes in handy at times . If I hum loud enough I can't even hear the cheese calling me from the fridge. I would say keep doing what inspires your creativity. It seems to be working out . Thanks for the update on Bernie. She sure is a good sport. Possibly an angel?

Delaney, dear, hope you are having a restful day with your family.

Such a pleasure to be a part of this group.
  #205   ^
Old Sun, Jun-10-18, 12:09

BF:

Happy Sunday All!

I hope you all are enjoying you day!

As far as the coleslaw, you can buy really small heads of cabbage. You could also use half and another time use the other half for cooked cabbage. There’s always bagged shredded cabbage too. I used red cabbage, but you can always use green. My DH is already begging me to make more

We’re having some warm weather in the 90’s. Mornings are pretty nice, still not as hot. It’s kinda nice out right now.

We’ve taken a lot of really long road trips. It’s not too bad with just us and the dogs. Taking kids along is another story!

Today is a day off from the gym, just chillaxing. I finished my library book yesterday

I’m cooking chicken breasts tonight for dinner and making more coleslaw as requested! It doesn’t last long around here with DH eating it!
  #206   ^
Old Mon, Jun-11-18, 18:55

BF:

Monday, Monday

Busy day today but pretty much SOSAD.

Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing. Hope you all are having a good day

Monday is gym day, then library day, had books to return & got some more. I didn’t think I would make my 90 minutes at the gym today, but I did
  #207   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 06:28
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Wow how totally weird, I thought for sure I posted in here yesterday b/c I remember (kinda sorta) what I wrote... hmmmm. Wonder if I posted it on someone else's thread!

And I KNOW I didn't say anything offensive to have my post sent to limbo for being "unsupportive"....

Anyhoo...

HAPPY Tuesday, Ladies!

Hope this finds all of you doing terrific!

Update on Berni: They made it safe and sound to Disney Sunday night. She texted me around 9:30pm her time and she was headed to bed.

I know she has her re-certification classes/courses for three days. Tomorrow should be her last one. Hopefully she'll come in and post soon!

Paulette:
HUGE Congrats on being 18 lbs to your desired goal weight! I think having a goal date is über motivating & esp on 31 Oct! You've GOT THIS!

I remember when I was still in losing mode, I'd have weekly and monthly goals, if I didn't "meet" them, oh well, no biggie! But it still kept me motivated to continue b/c I COULD not face the alternative = returning to face planting into carb-age laden dishes and being "FAT Jo" again... that is NOT an option!

Amy:
Yeah, I saw that Duke's was pricey on Amazon...

How cool that you are gonna start pedalin'! I do it every morning for at least 2 hours, more when Imma home. And no Imma not sweating bullets. I pedal at 3.5 mph. I multi-task and do stuff on my 'puter! I HATE sitting around being a slug, so I can justify being on the 'puter b/c Imma pedalin'. It's great for my varicose veins ~ makes my legs feel amazing.

That's my story and Imma stickin' to it!

I was laffin my ass off about your humming to STOP the call of crack, er, hmmmmm, cheese from da friggie! WTG!

De:
I hear you on "I didn’t think I would make my 90 minutes at the gym today, but I did". I felt like that this am when I woke up... then I said to myself:

Jo, you can be a WARRIOR, or you can be a victim.

For the WARRIOR, no excuses! For the victim, only excuses!

So of course, I powered thru my PPWs!

I know you've experienced this: once we start and the endorphins kick in, we feel fab-tastic!

Me:
Still doing great eating and exercise-wise. Keeping myself busy with my usual distractors: Sewing, playing guitar, reading.

OMG it's gonna be 102 today. Best get my worshiping done by 11 am...

We are in desperate need of rain and more rain...but alas, none in the foreseeable future according to the weather peep! [insert Heavy Sigh emoji here]

Onward, my LC friends!
  #208   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 06:29
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Double checking to make sure I really POSTED today!
  #209   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 11:43

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello all,

Thank you jo for passing on the updated!
It is lunch time here at the conference I have my tuna salads and greens so I am good! Just taking a walk around the center! It is 93 but with heat index 103!

One more day of conference and then Magic Kingdom on Thursday and Epcot on Friday we leave Saturday for Tennessee and get home Sunday!
We split the drive 3 ways me DD and DSIL . I the early bird so do morning drive!
Have a terrific Tuesday and take care of yourself!

Paulette... Congrats on your new low!
  #210   ^
Old Tue, Jun-12-18, 15:07

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

I've been continuing LC Atkins '72 fairly much on my own since I was last here in Feb 2017. I've moved 7 times since then, more times than I've moved in the previous 40 years. I've been without internet until a couple weeks ago. Contacted the administrators then for help getting back in with a new email address and no record of my password. Got reply within the past 24 hours,
For which I am thankful. I'm within a couple pounds of where I was when here last, given some dreary circumstances at times when my choice was to eat what was at hand or not eat at all. What's important is that I've been back to Atkins 72 LC some months now and glad to find this group with some familiar folks in it.