Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Apr-14-06, 10:02
Lover of Life

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 233/169/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Turbo Jammers

Anyone using Turbo Jam?

I have discovered Turbo Jam and am addicted. I have been jammin' for a week now and am already starting to see a difference in my body. Scale has not moved but the shorts I bought just 1 1/2 weeks ago are already lose in the hip and waist area. (my problem spots)

I love the lower body and ab jam too. I really get a great workout in!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-17-06, 09:35
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182.2/182.2/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Turbo jam ROCKS!!!

I only have the Learn and Burn, the 20min., Ab Jam and Turbo Sculpt but I love them all. Maybe when I reach 165 I will be able to get more.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-26-06, 11:11

Plan: South Beach Diet
Stats: 198/137/120 Female 5'3
BF:25.2
Progress: 78%

I just saw an infomercial on this product last nite. Can you give me more details? To me, the routine looked complicated. I'm not good at hip/pelvic thrusts kind of stuff.....
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 12:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%

I am a big fan of tae bo and bootcamp the billy blanks dvds, i have seen the infomercial for turbo jam and i really think its gonna be the next big thing that really works.

What i saw yet seems to be a lot more fun then tae bo with this time some good music to get you into the groove.

I am addicted to bootcamp and will stick to that for a while but pertty sure that my girlfriend would love turbo jam.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-30-06, 12:36

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vgal
I just saw an infomercial on this product last nite. Can you give me more details? To me, the routine looked complicated. I'm not good at hip/pelvic thrusts kind of stuff.....

Coming back from back injury i know what you need.

Theses dvds arent for everybody either, they are very intense and will make you workout behond belief.

The basic bootcamp dvd has you doing near 40 push ups, and 50 body squats in the first 10 minutes and thats just the start.

Turbo jam has a lot of kicks, knees and punches combined with throws and some Copera techniques, from what i saw its a notch over tae bo, and the part that says you work your abs to the max and you dont even have to go on the floor says it all its intense.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 21:33

Plan: Nothing Specific Now
Stats: 194.5/191/165 Female 5ft 6in
BF:33.8%/31.1%/25%
Progress: 12%

I love turbo jam too! I'm thinking I will start a round of Slim in Six on Monday but after that round is complete I'm planning to go back to Turbo Jam for awhile. My fav is booty sculpt & abs (live).

Molly
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jun-02-06, 22:20

Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

I'm a huge fan of Turbo Jam. I have every TJ video out. It's my 2nd favorite program of all time (behind Slim In Six).

I will disagree, however, with a previous poster. I don't believe any workout program is beyond the reach of anyone. You don't have to go rep for rep, move for move with the video to get the benefits. Slow it down, have fun with it, push yourself and it won't be long before you're matching Chalene like a champ!

The videos are a blast to do. The time flies by and the music is bumpin'. Chalene is extremely motivational without being annoying.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 14:35

Plan: Own
Stats: 145/114/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 124%

I've been wondering about it...I see the infomercial every morning that I have my pure cardio on my elliptical. (I watch informercials while I work out HeeHee). Anyway...I'm glad to hear that it's fun. I have bought so many things and not been happy with something. In parts of the infomercial it seems like Chalene is kind of annoying. But I guess I won't know unless I try. After all, years ago I said I would never do the Firm after seeing the infomercials for various reasons, but one day I broke down and bought it, and I have been HOOKED ever since! But it's time to find something to mix it up with...although I am and always will be a "Firm Believer".
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 15:18
Registered Member

BF:

Chalene is very peppy but it makes the time FLY by! You never get tired of her talking (at least I don't). I did the CP1 which is 45min. and Chris was playing on the computer in the same room and couldn't believe that it went by so fast!

For those that are choreographically challanged, the first video on the disc (the starting set is 5 workouts on 2 discs) is the Learn N' Burn where Chalene takes the time to show the main moves that you do through the rest of the workout. You do the moves a couple of times after her to make sure you have gotten them down. Then, after she shows the "Elite 11", you do the Burn portion of the workout and that is just more of the Elite 11 without too many more things thrown in.

I LOVE the 20min. workout. I think it is the BEST both music and fun wise.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jun-06-06, 14:52

Sorry but bootcamp is not for everyone the ultimate bootcamp gets you out there and what would be the point of buying a dvd or tape if you are never gonna do it all.

Lots of people dont like to do bodyweight squats and push ups, in the ultimate bootcamp you can do close to 100 bodyweight squats and close to that in push ups, doing6 sets of 8 with the resistance bands thats on top of doing a lot of shoulder work and the 16 push ups at the start of the dvd.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Jun-08-06, 02:44

Stats: 234/141.8/149 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal31
Sorry but bootcamp is not for everyone the ultimate bootcamp gets you out there and what would be the point of buying a dvd or tape if you are never gonna do it all.

Lots of people dont like to do bodyweight squats and push ups, in the ultimate bootcamp you can do close to 100 bodyweight squats and close to that in push ups, doing6 sets of 8 with the resistance bands thats on top of doing a lot of shoulder work and the 16 push ups at the start of the dvd.

No program is for everyone - it's about likes or dislikes, as you pointed out.

I was simply pointing out that no program is beyond the reach of anyone who is interested in doing that particular workout. No one expects that anyone is going to be able to give an olympic athlete a run for their money in their sport their first time (or second or third) of giving it a go. You simply get in there, do what you can, and build up from there. Being intimidated by a workout that sparks your interest because you can't keep up is an exercise in futility. You don't build up by avoiding it.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-18-06, 19:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook
No program is for everyone - it's about likes or dislikes, as you pointed out.

I was simply pointing out that no program is beyond the reach of anyone who is interested in doing that particular workout. No one expects that anyone is going to be able to give an olympic athlete a run for their money in their sport their first time (or second or third) of giving it a go. You simply get in there, do what you can, and build up from there. Being intimidated by a workout that sparks your interest because you can't keep up is an exercise in futility. You don't build up by avoiding it.

Exacly, my girlfriend does bits and pieces of the bootcamp workout, she hates push ups so when they hit the floor she just jumps around, she doesnt do all the squatting either she does a small part of it.

She does all the floor exercices cause they also work, glutes, hamstrings the abs and all the lower portion of the body.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-23-06, 02:19

Stats: 280/260/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 13%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brook
videos are a blast to do. The time flies by and the music is bumpin'. Chalene is extremely motivational without being annoying.

i agree...i have been doing turbo jam for 4 days now (but in that time i have done turbo sculpt twice, learn 'n' burn twice, ab jam once, cardio party once, and the 20 min workout once) and i'm still not sick of chalene! amazing. she seems very cool and although she's very perky and energetic, i do not want to throttle her. i like how she's always saying stuff like, "c'mon, baby!" it's cute.

in the past i've done a lot of leslie sansone's walking tapes...and although i like those workouts, i wish i could stop her from talking. *LOL*
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 01:28

Plan: Paleo/IF
Stats: 165/148/120 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 38%

Hi all,
I wonder if tae-bo is similar to turbo-jam? Or is the latter much better?

I’ve just started doing tae-bo but anxious tho it will shorten my muscles (n I’ll eventually become stout) since one should keep muscles contracted during this work-out.

So the final question is which one is better for ladies?
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Jul-30-06, 08:05
Registered Member

BF:

Turbo Jam is much better than Tae Bo (note, I have only ever done ONE Tae Bo workout). The music is WAY better, the counting is accurate and Chalene does the work through all the workout instead of stopping and letting everyone else keep working out. Chalene is very peppy and is a great motivator.

If you are worried about shortneing your muscles (which I don't think will happen) you can always cross train with a few pilates DVD...Winsor Pilates, Stott, Lotte Berk.....Also, uring the Cool down of some of the workouts, Chalene does do some yoga poses and Tai-Chi moves as well so you do get some stretching in that will help elongate but not as much since it is only about 5 min. worth and not an entire tape.