Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 10:45
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Bras for my new post-meno body?

Anyone find a brand or style of bra that is comfy and holds the (s)ag(g)ing girls in place? I got these stretchy bali bras that are reminiscent of sports bras, but the band is really wide and my stomach pooch rolls them up.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 11:04

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I bought a Wonder Bra and promptly threw it in my donation bag. It defeated the whole purpose of having a bra.

Men are so lucky, they don't have to wear this torture contraption!!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 11:45
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

While I'm totally spoiled by having no reason to wear a bra at home, when I DO wear a bra, I use the Armour Bra 2.0 Maximum Control Wire-Free Sports Bra. It's the only one I've found to hold me up and in so that I don't look all grandma.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 11:59
Experimenter

BF:

Hmmm... Interesting, although it seems they don't carry my exact size, although that changes from brand to brand. I'd probably wear a 38D or a 40C. Interesting, when I changed the size the "free returns" text disappeared.

Last edited by Nancy LC : Tue, May-24-16 at 12:08.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 12:04
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Here's a different style (same brand) in a C http://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-...ports+Bra+c+cup I first got this when I was doing my walk+run exercise and didn't want to give myself a black eye.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 12:10
Experimenter

BF:

Looks like there's a factory outlet not far from home! Thanks, Glenda!

Not so funny story, put on one of my old VS bras and laid down to take a nap. Boobs fell out of bra.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 12:28

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I like the bras (and underwear) from Lane Bryant -- they have a wire-free bra that is supportive and comfortable. I adjust the straps to keep the girls up reasonably high. Also not too expensive on sale. Looks like the smallest size is 38F, but they do have a 40C. It will be a happy/sad moment when I don't fit into their bras anymore.

http://www.lanebryant.com/cacique-p...ctedColor=Black
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 12:37
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I recently came upon the most comfortable bra I have EVER worn, for my heavy, somewhat sagging with age girlies. It's OLGA style GM0451A. Kinda like a sweater bra in that it is soft molded foam that is quite pliable and has no underwires. Within a week of buying the first one, I ordered 5 more in assorted colors. I LOVE these.
http://www.boscovs.com/shop/prod/ol...CFRIoaQoddcEGbg
  #9   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 14:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Calvin Klein ... every day
  #10   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 15:25
Experimenter

BF:

I can't wear plunging bras any longer because that is when the girls plunge outside the bra when I bend over, or lay on my side. :\
  #11   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 17:37

Plan: Dr. Westman
Stats: 280/170/170 Female 69.8 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hear ya and have many of the same issues.

If possible, get a professional bra fitting. We have an intimates chain here in MN and WI that I went to. Not cheap, but high quality. I have deflated down from a 40D to a 34 DD and can't wear anything without some support or molded cup.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, May-24-16, 17:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I actually found a bra at Victoria's Secret that works. I had a handful of $10 off a purchase coupons, and wanted to use them before they expired. AND the band size on my current crop is getting too big.

Not to mention that the kinda cheap ones I got from HerRoom.com had the elastic breaking in the back band.

These are called Body by Victoria Lined Perfect Coverage.

The girls stay where they belong, the straps are padded and they don't show nipple, which became an issue after nursing four babies.

While the cup size is bigger than ever in my life--thanks, I really need it NOW, rather than when I was 20!--the strap size has shrunk to 32. So I was happy to even find anything, much more to find something pretty.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-25-16, 13:11

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Progress: 41%

l like lane bryant as well. I've always had difficulty with fit as I've very small space between the girls, but found the perfect fit there.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, May-25-16, 15:02

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I tried on all of the Lane Bryant bras but every single one was made the exact same way in the back. It forms a U in the back, down one strap to the bra, across the back and than back up the other strap which cuts into the back. I like a smooth look in back. I told the sales lady when she asked about how they fit and she admitted that everyone says what I thought about the fit.
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 02:19

Plan: Atkins 72 Induc Lifer IF
Stats: 249/157/150 Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I like pretty much everything made by Danskin or CK, I literally have tried everything else with no success. That said however, I have the reverse problem. Since changing my life to this woe, the girls are gone for the first time in my life, I have no breasts, almost no need for a bra, they have deflated to nothing almost to the point where I am contemplating cosmetic surgery. I can't imagine wearing a bathing suit right now. I know we have to take the good with the bad, so I feel wonderful, my curves are coming back, I think I look better than I have in a long, long time but ughh...what to do about what's left of the girls especially since I am not one to put anything fake in my body- difficult decision. I just want to feel good in a bra or bathing suit when I reach goal. Didn't realize the changes my body would go through on this woe but I am still glad that I have stuck with it.