Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-16, 10:52
Memere to 4

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/199/150 Female 5ft 3in
BF:Too much
Progress: 36%

I love Maidenform® Comfort Devotion Wire-Free Lift Bras from Sears Canada. Fits and feels awesome.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-16, 11:03
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Thanks Pam! I'll check 'em out.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Apr-21-17, 13:43
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 260/240/142 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 17%

I'm with MickiSue, I love Soma. They aren't cheap, but they perform as advertised. I wear the "Disappearing Back" most days because I like the front closure. Of course I spend most days at home

When going out into the world, I wear the Enhancing Shape style in full coverage. It's a bra that's designed for older women; the padding is at the top of the cup. I had no idea anyone made such a thing, but my DD took me to the mall last year and we hit the Soma shop. The woman who measured me suggested I try it.

I do love the way it fits. Plus it has 3 hooks in the back instead of just 2. I really like that.

Back when we were first together DH was asking why I hated bra shopping. I had him help me in the department store, I think it was Macy's. I told him to find my size in a wired bra with at least 2 hooks. He was quickly frustrated and grumbling right along with me. He was also shocked at the prices. It was great!

I admire you ladies who will brave the VS store. I'm so intimidated by the giant posters of perfect women. I know my self esteem needs work...
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Jun-24-17, 09:13

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

This video will definitely not show you any bra styles for a post-meno body, but since this thread had some funny comments about fitting bras and pricing, you may enjoy watching it. Includes a not so subtle dig at VS pricing.

It is an ad for a newly launched concept of buying bras on-line with try at home service like Warby Parker is for glasses. No coincidence, the founders are also recent Wharton grads, just this May. Only three styles for 20 something bodies, not even sure they are taking orders, but the ad on their "story" page is bouncing all over social media. I may order one for my 25 yo daughter.

https://harperwilde.com/pages/our-story
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 12:34

Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I know the OP was over a year ago, but I figured what the hey. I used to buy expensive bras, I'm talking $90, just for the support and comfort but got fed up with the price - and the underwires - and went low maintenance. I use the justmysize.com website and actually like and wear one of their own bras although there are a good number of brands to choose from like Bali, etc.
  #36   ^
Old Sun, Jun-25-17, 12:57

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Whenever this topic comes up I always feel like chiming in that for me there are virtually no options since almost no brands make bras in my size, very narrow band width with very large cup size.

Jean
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 07:04

BF:

Jean, once upon a time I was a 34 J and had to order Fantaisie bras online from the UK. Not fun and not cheap. So I know how you feel. Now I fit well into a 42 DDD and have much less trouble. The cups are getting roomier before the band as I lose weight, so I'm hopeful ...
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 07:39

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Barb - 30G here. If my band size gets any smaller I'll really be in trouble but I'm not trying to lose any more weight so I'm probably OK. There is a Panache style that actually fits but of course it has been discontinued. I can still find it on Ebay at a great price so every now and again I buy a couple. Most bras the band doesn't come small enough, the cup isn't large enough and the straps are spaced too far apart for my narrow shoulders. For comfort I buy bras at Decent Exposures but they don't provide the support I need and I don't really like looking like a caricature of the sagging older woman. I see too many women walking down the street with boobs hanging to their waists. Although I claim not to care about such trivial matters, in truth this is a look I try hard to avoid. I guess I really do care.

Jean
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jun-26-17, 08:23

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Do the cup sizes never get smaller with weight loss? Over the last few years I've lost 70 lbs, but I'm still wearing a D. The band size is only a size or 2 smaller.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 08:27

BF:

That's a good question, Bonnie. I guess it depends on a woman's particular body composition. My cup size seemed to hold on for dear life around perimenopause. Maybe it's wishful thinking, but now that I'm ten years out, things seem to have calmed down and my bra cups are finally getting roomier. I don't know if that will translate to much, maybe one cup size, but whatever it is I'll take it!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Jun-27-17, 21:45

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have lost weight due to measures taken to combat ovarian cancer and now I am a 32 D. I LOVE Simone Perele bras and panties. Hooked.