Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 02:00
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/144/119
BF:
Progress: 11%
Thumbs down I blew it big time

Just wanted to say thankyou for all your replies to my previous thread. I am afraid I blew it big time this whole week ... I not only feel as if I let myself down emotionally, but I know my body has suffered and in turn has made me feel so lousy and dog tired that I know I have to get back to LC. I have spent the last few days feeling so lethargic, falling asleep when I sit down etc of an evening. Yes I know that after a hard day at work most of us feel drained, but I know that I am sleepy because of all the carbs. Fact is that when I do not eat the carbs then I am as bright as a button.
Well this morning was the last straw, I awoke after an interruppted nights sleep of 9 hours feeling as if I needed more sleep and generally yuk. when LC I spring out of bed after a fantastic nights sleep ready to start the day.

This is the very last bender I will ever go on.

I am a Carboholic!!!!! If I have just one taste of a cake or biscuit or chip, jacket potatoe...you name it I'm hooked.

The only answer for me is to steer well clear until I feel I am in control of my body and not the carbs.

So you guessed it I have gone back to induction day 1, and you know what I feel happier in myself so making this decision, I feel I have finally realised that this way of life is the way for me personally. It has taken me a while to understand that my body craves carbs like an addiction, but by body cannot function properly with them in my system. I want to fire on all four cylinders so to speak not just two.

I am worth more than this.

Thankyou guys for being there for me, I read this forum all the time, and you have constantly given me the encouragement to go on.

Watch this space...the new me is about to emerge.
Thankyou

KimUK
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 12:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/196/135
BF:
Progress: 32%
Default Normal

You should feel normal, we all do it, Sometimes the chips and dip is just yoo tempting, so get back on and try again, did you walk the first time you tried?
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 19:49
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Thumbs up Way to go KIM!

It is by our mistakes that we learn, Kim. And sometimes it just takes a LOT of learning before we finally get it! That's just life. But it sounds like you've really pinned down what it is you need to do and I just know you'll be fine now. I think that pretty soon, before you even know it's happened, you'll have it all under control. One day you'll see someone eating a gooey doughnut and 3 minutes LATER you'll realize you didn't even have one thought about that doughnut. I don't know maybe I'm not explaining very well. Ok, the other day I walked into a coworker's office and she had 2 pastries sitting on her desk. After I left the office and was walking down the hall I realized that I did not have any type of "emotional" reaction to that pastry. I didn't think to myself, "Oh MAN that looks good.".... know what I mean? I just noticed them but had no reaction one way or the other. For me that was a milestone....and I realized I was halfway "there". Be patient with yourself and you'll get there too.

I'm really glad you made the decision to feel better and be healthy again. Welcome back!
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-02, 21:15
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, carb addicts
Stats: 190/176/148
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default I've been there

I did Atkins woe last summer and lost 18-20 lbs in 2 mos. I went off of it and gained all the weight back and then some. I am 5'7 and in February was at an all time high of 190. I started Atkins several times in March and did lose 8-10 lbs but kept cheating every few days. I plateued at 180 and I went off again this last week I started again on induction at 183 and now 5 days later I am down to 177. I am so motivated, I just decided not to quit on this woe because it works. As good as those carbs taste we know like you said just like an alcoholic we have to stay away from them. I cant wait to get off of induction so I can start replacing with some treats to replace the old things. Getting to the 170,s is a big accomplishment and I love this support on the internet and I have been walking, jogging, drinking lots and lots of water. I know when I found this low carb site and started reading other peoples entries I thought I can do this, look at all the people who are doing this. Thanks for your honesty and you can do it you have been doing it, keep after it.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 01:33
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am still on track and very determined. Had headaches yesterday, must be all the junk coming through my system, and had trouble sleeping as I was not tired. However feel as bright as a button this morning.

Shall keep you all posted.

KimUk
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 06:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Way to go, Kim

Sometimes it takes a little set back for us to realize what is important to us. Think of those few days of cheat as a good thing. You are now more focused and you have the determination to make it work for you!

Don't forget, your post will also help others realize that they also must get back on track. So often people are only willing to share their successes and ashamed to share their little downfalls. Thanks for being brave enough to let others learn from your mistake.

You will succeed!
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 00:57
Registered Member

BF:
Smile

Thankyou again

Just thought I'd let you know I am still going strong and more determined than ever.
Headaches gone, fantastic, nights sleep andd started on the multi vits today.

KimUK
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 05:10

Stats: 160/124/126
BF:
Progress: 106%

thats the way to do it ...

just get back on track

#9   ^
Old Tue, Apr-16-02, 14:06
Registered Member

BF:
Default Day 4

Well I am still going strong, just thought I'd let you all know that I will be putting all future posts in my active journal.
KimUK