Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 19:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%
Wink My Bootcamp is stronger then yours

Let me just start by saying that i was an avid bare bone body builder /powerlifting base kinda guy, been training since the age of 13 years old and injured myself at 30 years old while doing squats and deadlifts with bad form.

I have been suffering with back pain for nearly 5 years, and this year after suffering the death of my father and beloved female cat of only 6 years old things are picking up.

I went to this osteopath women that is doing wonders for my back and if i wanted to i could start training in the gym again.

But you know what i am gonna be 34 in June and decided to go onto another route to attain my goal which has changed since i injured myself, i no longer want to be massive, have big arms and all the rest that comes with bodybuilding.

Everything started last summer for me when i got the tae bo dvd by one of my idols Mr Billy Blanks, saw all is movies and was amazed to see in back in 1998 doing that tae bo thing.

I add a very hard time doing the tae bo cause back pain came back each time and blablabla.

After seeing this massage therapist i was feeling better and eard a lot about bootcamp, resistance bands, bodyweight exercices and people getting great results.

So i did some research and saw that Billy add a new line of dvd called Bootcamp that came with the resistance bands.

I got my set and when i unrapped the whole thing and saw the tiny bands i started laughing out loud.

Well that was til i started doing the first dvd which is called bootcamp basic, this thing rocks, i am hooked and i am glad to say that after 5 years and great osteopath treatments i was able to complete the full hour of bootcamp with the cardio, resistance bands, bodyweight workout push ups, squats and ab work which is very hard.

Now with the diet i plan i trying to do this at least 3 times a week, i still have some back pain but sure am better.

If you are looking for something fun, different that combines cardio, body sculpting this is for you.

Its hard really hard, i will get some pics of me now and 3 months after, i really want to see if this works for me this time, get the abs showing and the cardio going.

Wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, May-27-06, 10:18
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

Hi,

I hope you find a road to health, just take it easy, it looks like overtraining is your possible pitfall. Let us know how your back is doing, a lot of people could learn from your experiences.

Succes with your method!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, May-27-06, 18:39

I am ready and dedicated to help out anyone that has back pain, share my experience, and beleive me i have seen them all.

Chiros, acuponcture, massage therapist, physio, and many more.

The thing i have to tell you if that if it still hurts its becose something is wrong, and dont beleive in that it takes time to get better thing, it does take time but after an adjustment your suppose to feel better, and see and feel results.

Bootcamp is going great i love Billy Blanks, he really pushes me to the max.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, May-27-06, 23:33

Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/168/135 Female 5'1"
BF:50.5/38/25
Progress: 21%

Your progress so far is awesome! Personally, I am starting the road back to physical fitness with swimming and bicycling, but once I get back in the groove, I will add resistance training back into the mix, so I look forward to hearing about your results with your pgm.
  #5   ^
Old Sun, May-28-06, 06:54

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 198/179/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Could you give us the address and price of Billy Banks items, even if it's not in U.S. dollars?
  #6   ^
Old Mon, May-29-06, 08:17

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarb
Could you give us the address and price of Billy Banks items, even if it's not in U.S. dollars?

I bought everything off amazon.ca in canada it was 34$ for 3 dvds and the resistance bands.

Dont look forward to my results look forward to your bodychange.

You gotta give some to get some, thats the bootcamp modo and beleive me if you stick to it you are gonna be amazed.

Also comes with the 7 day diet plan which is semi low carb.

If you do order the dvds and are not familiar with tae bo or bootcamp take it easy. Take your time and get back slowly.

When you are not used to it, 32 pushups and 50 squats in a row can really put you KO. The resistance band workout are also very hard and i am talking the basic dvd here, the ultimate bootcamp is even worst but so much fun to do.

When i was young i trained in full contact karate called kyo kushin kai the workout where hard but bootcamp beats this has well.

Your metabolisme will blast itself into next week LOL.

Goodluck and keep me posted on your results.