Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Mar-17-09, 06:54

Plan: LC
Stats: 248.4/245.4/170 Female 5' 6 "
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by forestdove
Pamlynn thanks for sharing the update. I know I haven't been a part of the conversations that went before, but am very interested in this form of eating, and appreciated reading this thread. I am trying something similar, and have found I too have to be careful what kind of carbs I eat.

Hi!
Thanks for stopping by. Interested to know what you're doing, how it's going, and why you decided to try it. I LOVE DETAILS - so post away!!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Wed, Mar-18-09, 04:48

Plan: Work in progress
Stats: 245.6/198/140 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 45%

After reading here and some sites online, I picked what I thought would work for me. So far so good, I am loosing some weight. I decided to try it because I kept getting sick on plain low carb. The details are in the first post in my journal.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-09, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: cycling carbs 30 - 70 net
Stats: 185/158/130 Female 174 cm
BF:26
Progress: 49%

hi forestdove,

where can i find your journal??? im very interested in that too. these days im playing a bit with the carbs and im just looking for what would work best for me...

thnx

Last edited by mandarin : Thu, Mar-19-09 at 14:26.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Mar-19-09, 11:59
Registered Member

Plan: cycling carbs 30 - 70 net
Stats: 185/158/130 Female 174 cm
BF:26
Progress: 49%
Lightbulb

oh well, just clicking the button that reads "journal" on the bottom of your post would do.

am i having some kind of brainny day...
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Apr-21-09, 16:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/137/132 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

I have read this book and started the diet on Monday 4/20. The low carb week of the diet is easy for me, as I have grown accustomed to this WOE. It will be harder for me to do the higher GL/GI portion of the diet. I am thinking that I will not eat wheat, but use other high GI grains instead.
Also, I have been experimenting with the notion, and much to my dismay, have discovered that I very likely have a dairy allergy.
Is anyone else currently following this diet plan?
Thanks!
  #81   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 21:36

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/179.6/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 58%

MNJuicy,

Are you still following this diet? How is it going? I just officially started last week. I had sort of been doing it for the last three weeks. With the holidays and such, every weekend I had a day of eating anything and then went back to low carb during the week. This week I followed the diet to the letter and tomorrow is my first cheat day. I am being pretty careful. After not consuming grains and high carb vegs for so long, it's a bit daunting. It's hard to get my head around it. I had yams and beets for my high carb days and tonight I went to a Japanese restaurant and had sushi. I seem to be doing okay. I have noticed my face getting hot and red more often which for me is a sign that my metabolism is working. The book says you will lose 1-2 lbs. a week. I hope it works .
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Jul-16-09, 13:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/137/132 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Hi Abby3,
Sorry I haven't responded. I haven't been on this forum for a few months. I am back to eating mostly low carb throughout the week and having a cheat day once or twice a month. I have been working 70-80 hours per week, so it has just become too much for me to follow perfectly. I would like to get back on this diet though, because I felt much better and did lose weight. How has it been going for you?
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Jul-16-09, 18:42

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 220/179.6/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi MNJuicy,

I followed the plan well for four weeks and then fell off completely last week. My weight went up and down around 4-5 lbs. every week on this diet and didn't seem to really go down that much if at all. I did see some decrease in my waist and hip measurements though. I still like the diet and this week I am getting back on track -- eating LC until Sat. (cheat day). I think I was taking the cheat day too literally at least for my metabolism -- eating too much sugar and junk food. I'm not going to do that any more. I plan on only having quality high carb food on my cheat day and see how that works. I like what you're doing too with the mostly LC and cheating once or twice a month. That would definitely work for me too as I feel best when I am LCing.

Let me know how you're doing when you have time.

Abby
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Aug-23-09, 19:20
What a good girl!!!

Plan: my own
Stats: 195.8/165.0/138 Female 62.5 inches
BF:Getting Rid of IT!
Progress: 53%

Hi there,

Is anyone doing this diet anymore??? Very interested in changing up the metabolism but don't see anyone doing this one. I started today. Just wondering if anyone had any idea how much protein we should have each day. I think when I was doing Atkins it was high. I read it should be .8 lbs x weight = protein grams but that is not much. The protein powder I bought is 50 grams for a serving. I'm not opening it yet until I figure out the protein problem. I have been trying to find anyone doing this diet who is around. I also wanted to see if anyone is having progress besides Lynndee, who did great!!!! But also from anyone, any info would be great. I feel pretty alone on the diet. I don't see another forum where anyone is doing this one. I see other carb cycle diets but not this one. This one seemed to make the most sense to me.

If anyone has any info regarding protein and how much per day, I appreciate!!!

Thanks,

Lisa
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-10, 20:48

Plan: lC
Stats: 239.8/224.8/150 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default How to start?

I picked up a copy of the book at the library. I was wondering how to start. I have been doing VLC for 3 weeks and want to switch to cheat to lose. Do I have a cheat day first, then go back to LC or can I just progress to week 2?

Thank you.