Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: Curves for Women
Stats: 153.5/145/120
BF:36%/33%/29%
Progress: 25%
Thumbs up Curves supporter

Hi everybody,

I have been going to the Curves in my neighbourhood since Feb 26/02 and I LOVE IT. The hours for my location are Monday to Friday 7am til 8 pm, and Saturdays til noon. The program was designed to meet the needs (diet and fitness) of the overweight (or not!) busy woman.

It is franchise owned, so I guess your gym is as good as your franchise owner.

I think its great that there are no men, no leotards, no potentially annoying instructors...

I think it is great that you can drop in any time.... not just when the 'class starts'. The machines are not boring, the music is always changing, and it is great to meet lots of interesting women and talk (sort of) while you do the circuit.

The founders (Gary and Diane Heavin) have written a book about their program, and in it was my first intro to low carbing! I was on the 20g per day 'diet' for two weeks, and now am eating between 40 to 60 grams per day...... The Curves center offers a six week support (one session per week) to introduce the 'diet', to help with FAQ, menues, recipes... and offers peer to peer encouraging feedback.

Since Feb 26, I have lost a total of 14 1/2 inches and six pounds.

I think they(Curves) may have saved my life!

Pat