Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Nov-23-06, 11:20

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/177/150 Female 68 in.
BF:
Progress:
Default Thanksgiving and Christmas...HARD!!!!!

Ok...I've given up white everything...sugar, white flour, potatoes, white rice, milk, alcohol. I eat following the Transition diet every day (as closely as I can without completely blowing my budget). What's left to eat at the Thanksgiving and Christmas feasts???????

What I've decided to do is just eat what's there. Am I going to allow myself mashed potatoes with butter and gravy? YES. Am I going to eat my great grandmother's recipe white bread stuffing? YES. Am I going to eat a piece of pie? YES. What about the infamous Green Bean Casserole (the one with cream of mushroom soup and fried onions)? Yes. Am I going to have my Mother's famous champagne punch? YES. However, I will do so in moderation and try my best to balance with salad and some raw veggies. Just because I have chosen to change my normal, daily way of eating doesn't mean that I have to bring my own food or request special dishes or miss out on traditional family feasts during the holidays...especially since it's only two meals!

I've decided that life is too short to not indulge, albeit RARELY, on things that are not my everyday way of eating.

Has anyone else come to that conculsion?
Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-25-06, 08:54

Plan: Modified Schwartzbein
Stats: 165/159/152 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress:

Yes, I did what you did and just said the heck with it for today...Thanksgiving. I had one plate of food-I vowed to myself before the meal that one plate was it...I ate salad first, then had a plate with turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, green beans, gravy, cranberries and bread with butter. I also had a piece of choc. pie for desert with caffeinated coffee.

My husband ended up finishing my plate because I could not eat everything.

I felt horrible later in the day, sick! I haven't had sugar for a very long time or white bread. The caffeinated coffee probably did me no good either. I could not wait until Friday to feel normal again and get back on the program.

I could not even eat a snack later Thanksgiving evening because I felt so rotten....

I think that Christmas is going to be different...I will eat more healthy!

MJ
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-25-06, 09:09
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 160/147.0/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I did the same. I ate but moderately. I have been at this a year, having started when I quit smoking...(yaaay...a year!) so I was a little afraid that I would get sick if I over-indulged. My weight has been locked at 150 for months and I have been reading here about "resetting metabolism" and "carb cycling". I am using the Thanksgiving meal as an experiment with an additional couple of days of carbing up to see if that might actually get my weight moving again. Yesterday I had a few peices of pizza w/ crust for the first time in a year. Hubby was shocked! I am taking my grandson to see Happy Feet today and having popcorn, too. Then meat and eggs starting Monday. That so totally works to get the cravings gone!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-26-06, 20:26

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 185/177/150 Female 68 in.
BF:
Progress:

Wow, I did approximately the same thing. I've had this headache I can't seem to get rid of...have not had one in over two months since changing my way of eating! I did not "over do" but, there were not too may healthy choices. The one person who was supposed to bring a veggie tray opted for a veggie pizza complete with cream cheese on some kind of white dough crust. Urggghhh! So, I did eat more of the green beans and only had a very small piece of pie. Just one glass of Merlot (which I bought at the health food store and did not contain sulfites).

Immediately went back to SP!

Will plan to make my part of Christmas Family dinner a big salad
Deb