Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-23-01, 09:24

Plan: CKD
Stats: 245/215/130
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up RESTAURANT IN HOUSTON!

Okay Shelley had posted a while back about the restaurant Mongolian Grill. Well that sounds really good! So I did a search and only turned up one in Austin and in Dallas! WAY TO FAR! But, this morning I heard on the radio that a new restaurant has open in the Houston area called Fire and Ice. I haven’t heard the location yet…but I’m sure it won’t be hard to track down. I’m figuring around the Richmond/Westhimer/Montrose area? I’m pretty excited about this! A restaurant with LOW-CARB choices!! What a concept! Ha!

Also!!!! Carls BBQ is supposed to have low-carb BBQ on the buffet!!! The one in cypress on 290.
COULD THINGS BE CHANGING FOR THE BETTER! OH I HOPE SO!!

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY!
Lorraine
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-23-01, 10:12

BF:
Progress:
Talking

http://www.fire-ice.com/
Here the link...they have it in other areas too...like Boston. Looks like a fun place.
Lorraine
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 03:00

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Default Restaurants in Houston

Hi Lorraine,

I haven't been to Fire + Ice yet; but will on Sat. night. We're meeting friends for dinner. They have been several times and really love it. Lots of meat, fish and fresh veggies with something like 19 sauces to choose from. These could be a problem-hidden carbs. Our friends described this rest. as a lot less expensive Fogo de Chao.
Sorry we missed the gathering at Carl's Sat. night, we had a family emergency and had to go out of town. Did you go? Hope the turnout was better this time. Explain about the LC BBQ. Dh and I go there often, the only thing we don't eat is the carby veggies and sweets. However, the ribs taste a little sweet to me. My taste buds are very sensitive to sugar now!!
How long have you been LC? I feel great eating this way, but somewhere deep down I wonder -can this WOE be healthy. I guess I've really been brain washed by all the lowfat and cholesterol propaganda.
Be well,
Alma
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-01, 16:07

BF:
Progress:
Wink Sorry for the delay!

Alma,
Let me know about fire & ice when you go...mainly price. The turn out was okay...me, my hubby and kids, Russ {host} and his wife, and lady by the name of Jamie and her little boy. So night bad. I was really hoping to meet you...hope everything is okay! The BBQ is great there isn't it! I didn't touch the ribs although my hubby ate a ton. Like you said...I think they are coated with a sugar of some sort.. We where really supposed to be carbing up this weekend because we started the CKD today...but there was no way I was eating anything but low carb in front of lowcarbers!ha! I know how hard that is to watch someone else eat what you can't or shouldn't have! I'm crossing my fingers that the CKD works for me!
I restarted this April 1st. But I did this along time ago and used it as a quick fix instead of a WOL. Have you had blood work done? If not, DO IT! It will ease your mind! The first go around my cholesterol was drooping so fast the doctor was amazed...I just told him I was eating better and working out!ha! Trust your body. You'll know by that what is right or wrong.
LRRAINE