Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 13:16
Registered Member

Plan: custom/Atkins
Stats: 152/145/138
BF:
Progress: 50%

Oh, I forgot all I did was a regular MSN search and a lot of links popped up, so I am sure you can find it close by.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 13:32

Plan: atkins
Stats: 138/122/120 Female 5.4 1/2 small frame
BF:23%/23%/?
Progress: 89%

Cabolite Info:

There is controversy surrounding the great tasting carbolite... apparently they don't advertise that the carb count is closer to 2 carbs per oz. and their product also contains malitol. I eat it on occasion & i just count it as 2 per ounce.

viv

i just found the info. carbolite 4 carbs per 1/2 cup.

Last edited by viv : Fri, Apr-11-03 at 13:43.
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:03
& Dillion Doggie Do!

Plan: Atkins, Maintenance
Stats: 221/172/147 Female 5'6"
BF:Sizes over scale!
Progress: 66%

WOW just think there candy bars go right through me, now my insides can get cleaned out with ice cream too!!!
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 17:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 130/130/120 Female 5ft 4in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking

The ice cream is WONDERFUL. It has the texture and taste of real icecream. I am not sure what the brand name is of the stuff I got.. I believe it was Le Carb. They sell it in containers about the size of Ben and Jerry's and also in single half cup sizes (which they also stick 6 to a pack , like the lil ice cream cups that come with a wooden spoon). I tried the chocolate and homemade vanilla, but I also saw the store was stocking strawberry and chocolate almond... and the best part? It didnt cause gas or uhm other uncomfortable situations like other low carb sweets out there. You just have to remember to eat as a treat or in moderation.. I will treat myself to the small half cup size which is only 3 carbs. Soooooo satisfying, especially when my hubby is eating his real stuff
I am fortunate to live in a city that has two+ health food stores that have 2-3 aisles of low carb products.. and let me tell you.. they are usually PACKED with ppl when I am in there! I can list a few things I have seen so that others can get an idea of what is out there.

Icecream
Bagels
Pizza
Bread
Muffins
Pasta
Barbque sauce
syrups
alcohlic drink mixes
cheese cake (frozen and mixes)
assorted chips
cereal
oatmeal (Keto brand Blueberries and Cream rocks!)
Jellybeans
Sugarfree Peep type marshmellow things (Easter is coming!!!)
Peanut brittle
Assorted cookies
Jams

Well, there are the things I could think of off the top of my head.. there are countless others. If anyone would like the name and phone number for the store where I purchase these things from they can email me at ******* and I will be happy to give it to you. They might have retail info on how to get these things or they might even ship to you. Hope this helps!

-Amber

Last edited by Ambylee : Fri, Apr-11-03 at 17:24.
  #80   ^
Old Fri, Apr-11-03, 18:04
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Amber,

I've just edited out your email address. Please see Rule 6 of our forum rules.

Once you have made 25 posts, you'll be able to send and receive private messages. This is the best way for folk to exchange information such as email addresses.

Rosebud
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 09:22

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 180/151/125
BF:
Progress: 53%

Here in Toronto, I have been buying chapmans cookies and cream, man its so good.i
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 16:02

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

atkins now has ready made ice cream in the freezer section of the store. also just found hersheys sugar free chocolate now in stores. it is really good.
  #83   ^
Old Fri, Apr-18-03, 17:14

Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

If you don't mind making it yourself...I have a good recipe for Low-Carb Ice Cream w. No Sugar Alcohols. I listed the ingridients on 7-4-02 in my fitday account, so you can see their breakdown of what it should have in it.

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/Public...2&Month=6&Day=4

Ingridients --

1.5 cups Unsweetened Soy Milk
1 cup Heavy Cream
3 Large Eggs
1 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
1 tsp. Stevia Extract Powder

Preparation --

1) Pour soy milk into bowl.
2) Add Eggs to bowl.
3) Add Vanilla Extract.
4) Add Stevia.
5) Add Heavy Cream.
6) Freeze According to Ice Cream Maker Directions.

NOTES:

1) Vanilla Extract contains Alcohol. The Ice Cream would contain 4g Alcohol (1/2 - 1/3 Alcoholic Drink) per 3 cups. So, if you prefer...use non-alcoholic vanilla extract.

2) You can substitute Splenda or other sweetener of choice for the Stevia. Just make sure to adjust serving size and carb. count*

3) Read the label on the Soy Milk to make sure it has no added carbs. Unsweetened Soy Milk should run about 1g net carbs.

4) If you don't have an Ice Cream maker...Place ice cream in freezer and stir every 15-30 minutes until desired consistency.

*Splenda and Other Artificial Sweeteners use Maltodextrin and Dextrose as a filler which adds carbs. Stevia Blends (Impure Stevias) use Maltodextrin which also adds carbs. Pure Stevia Extract should have no Filler and almost no carbs.

Equivelancies --
1 tsp. Stevia Extract Powder
1.75 tsp. Stevia Liquid Extract
9 tsp. Spoonable Stevia
18 Packets Stevia Blend
3/4 cup Splenda
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Apr-21-03, 09:57

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I found the LeCarb ice cream this weekend at Herbie's in Whittier, in case anyone else is in the area. They also had Atkins Vanilla, plus a bunch of other products that I've only read about on this forum. Guess it'll be my new shopping destination
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 14:43
Registered Member

Stats: 153/148/130
BF:25%/25%/20
Progress: 22%
Default LeCarb ice cream?

I tried this this weekend. I am on induction but I was craving something sweet and this was better than oreos. I tried the lemon and the chocolate almond. They were great. It says only 6 g per .5 cup, (I think). I am impressed and relieved someone is finally making a really good ice cream. Anyone else tried these?
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins OWL/BFL exercise
Stats: 142/137/130
BF:
Progress: 42%

I like the homemade vanilla kind. It's not as good as Blue Bell, but it hits the spot every now and then. Christa
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 14:54

Stats: 177/145/135 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I was so glad to find this at my local health food store. I had been wanting some ice cream for weeks. Of course, it certainly isn't the same as ice cream, but it is a pretty good substitute. I had the chocolate, 'cuz that's the only kind they had. But chocolate almond sounds even better!
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 17:43

Stats: 259/223/148 Female 5'7
BF:No clue
Progress: 32%

Yes, I found it at my local Walmart this past weekend and picked up a pint of vanilla and a pint of the chocolate almond. I used some of the vanilla, adding cream and a couple of strawberries and made a milkshake. Yum!!!!

Because of that...and trying out Carol's Famous Chocolate Cheesecake...and also having to test all of the varieties of the Hershey SF candies...AND drinking way more Diet Rite than I should (would prefer to only drink 1 every week or two), I am going back to strict induction starting tomorrow. I've gotten lazy and it is being reflected by a slowing down of the weightloss. I know I'm in the time frame of having a plateau...and I have lost a ton of weight and my body may be "resting", but I also know I've been eating a lot of junk. Low carb junk...but still junk.

Back to the basics for me

L
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 18:12

Plan: Atkins/CAD/Now?
Stats: 216/210.5/110?? Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 25%

I buy these at wal mart too but usually only have some on the weekends. I LOVE them
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-03, 18:30
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Progress: 43%
Default MMMMMMMMMMMM

Love it have be careful because ice cream has always been a binge food for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmm soooooo good!!!!