Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-06-03, 19:05
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 147/142.5/115
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Protein Power Starter

I have another question. Is it normal during intervention (detox) to feel bloated after a meal? I could be eating too much to make up for these unbelievable cravings . . . but this isn't like a "full" feeling as much as, bloated, like my body doesn't want to accept what I've given it. And does anyone else struggle with constipation on the low carb plans? And what to do?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 01:43
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Your body goes through all sorts of remarkable changes when you start to low carb. Some are uncomfortable. Look at is this way: you've completely changed your source of fuel and are going through carb withdrawal. It takes a while for your body to catch up and learn how to process the new fuel and switch to fat burning. It's a learning experience for your body as well as your mind.

Our bodies become sluggish and lazy because carbs are easy to process into fuel. But once your body realizes that the carbs aren't coming anymore it switches to burning fat. Smart body!

Karen
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Feb-07-03, 12:26

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Protein Power Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by b. sparky
And what to do?
Sparky, check out the orange highlighted links across the top of every page. You're looking for 'Low Carb Tips' and an article under that link called "Intestinal Health" - you'll find some good tips and ideas on how to make the transition to LC easier and more enjoyable.

HTH
Nat
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: Meat & Eggs
Stats: 243/206.8/160 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 44%

Try taking some magnesium. I have to be careful about taking too much...or I'll have the opposite problem. :-D

Are you taking the supplements that the Drs. Eades recommend? Or at least are you taking supplements? You really should. But at least try the magnesium. It should help.

Paris
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Feb-15-03, 14:44
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Hi Everyone, I am thinking of starting the protein power plan. What's the avergae weight loss/week? What is the hardest part about it? I don't want to get constipated.

Help me out.

Thanks
red
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Feb-16-03, 16:30
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 147/142.5/115
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default red1cutie, guess what?

I'm starting my 3rd week and since I've been taking magnesium, constipation is not a problem! First time that I've done this without that problem! Also, there are certain sources of protein that are worse than others for that - watch your cheese and nut butters . . . good luck!