Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 12:55
Stepford Malfunction

Plan: FatFlush inspired
Stats: 143.5/132/130 Female 62.5 inches
BF:37%/25.%/19%
Progress: 85%

This is very intersting to me as the eating pattern is what my NATURAL way to eat was for years, I was just never really hungry during the day and preferred to never eat until after 4 in the afternoon. I wasn't overweight and when I did eat at night it was never a lot of junk but basicaly healthy foods. I'm glad there is more information on it than when this thread first started because I just might order the book. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 13:39
Registered Member

Plan: 6:00PM BREAKFAST
Stats: 282/234/202 Male 6 feet 5 inches
BF:24%/16%/6%
Progress: 60%

Just wanted to say I've been doing an extreme form of the warrior diet and have lost 45 lbs in less than 18 weeks.

The only thing that goes in my mouth before 6PM is water and altoids mints and I have about 30 -40 calories worth.
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 13:42
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildcard
Just wanted to say I've been doing an extreme form of the warrior diet and have lost 45 lbs in less than 18 weeks.

The only thing that goes in my mouth before 6PM is water and altoids mints and I have about 30 -40 calories worth.

Do you have any idea what your total daily calories/carbs are, or do you not worry about it. I can go all day without eating no problem as long as I can eat at night.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 14:19
Registered Member

When I started, my caloric intake was roughly 2000 calories. I did not care about carb intake and was eating about 300+ grams of carbs.

I have cut down on my carbs now (100-150) and I think it helps. I cut out sugar almost completely and that was the biggest thing.

I lost 40 lbs then let myself go. My caloric intake crept up to 2500 and I was not drinking as much water.

Since saturday, I refocused and went back to my 2000 calorie diet and the weight has started coming off again. I have lost 2.5 lbs in 4 days and I feel strong. I upped my carb count just so I can have more energy during the day. I also upped my water and this has also helped a lot.

the fast has helped me immensely. It is much easier to not eat during the day because I am busy at work and there are people there to keep me company. And I get to gorge myself at night because I eat only two meals at 1000 calories apiece.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 14:24
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
the fast has helped me immensely. It is much easier to not eat during the day because I am busy at work and there are people there to keep me company. And I get to gorge myself at night because I eat only two meals at 1000 calories apiece.

Yes, that's why I find it easy to not eat in the day - if I'm busy I never think about eating and I just don't feel hungry (well I never did till I came here and everyone talked me into eating breakfat!!!) when I'm busy I just keep working and before I know it I'm doing something else and the day is over and I haven't eaten. Then like you say it feels like you are full on less because you don't eat as much in one meal as you would in a total of 3 or even 6 small ones. I never liked to eat until I was done working - I usually feel tired after I eat so it would slow me down to eat in the day. It might be that this way of eating is more suited to some than others - I probably would have been a warrior if I lived long ago because I have really good endurance - not a lot of strength but endless endurance. Thank you again and good luck on your weight loss.
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Aug-11-04, 15:19
Registered Member

thank you. I think you should try it. Keep us posted on your weight loss.

Today :237
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: Warrior LC
Stats: 222/201/191 Male 180 cm
BF:30%/12%/12%
Progress: 68%

First signs of improvement on the belly!!

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...328#post2540328
Also the definition on upper arms (and now also the first signs on the shoulder) give great pleasure. It are the only signs of improvement I can really rely on.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 13:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/190/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

How is sleep on the warrior diet? One of my greatest problems is getting quality sleep.

Do you have to lift weight for this to be effective? Physical disabilities make exercise difficult for me.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Aug-28-04, 20:19
Midas in reverse

Stats: 260/231/165 Male 75 inches
BF:~31%/~26%/<17%
Progress: 31%

The warrior diet author is an idiot, if for no other reason than his comment about lactose, and the brain needing galactose. I, and a significant segment of the population, perhaps as much as one third of it, get diahrrea, gas, and cramps from lactose, due to lactose intolerance. I need lactose about as much as a fish needs a bicycle, to borrow the words of Gloria Steinam!
  #40   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 00:07
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrottop
How is sleep on the warrior diet? One of my greatest problems is getting quality sleep.

Do you have to lift weight for this to be effective? Physical disabilities make exercise difficult for me.

I sleep OK, but for you stress could be a major cause of sleeping bad. I am an expert in this area, by experience... Identify the big worries in your life, they may subconscious wake you up.

Weighlifting is not necessary, but helps great.

I personally use a very low impact HIT system for a couple of seniors that can be done by anyone. If you can move a 'finger' than you have a starting point. Next week you lift that finger twice, after six weeks you add another 'finger'. And start with two movements. Add one movement next week. etc. etc.

The only thing you have to figure out is your starting point. What ability do you have you can do without pain. There you start.

When a movement of an arm can be made you start adding weights, from the smallest amount you can get upwards. Believe it this works! You have to see it long term, THAT is the mental scope you MUST accept.

As soon as you progress beyond a point you have not been able to before, you are addicted. You see progress where you believed a road had been shut down.

Good luck!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 00:13
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azraelle
The warrior diet author is an idiot, if for no other reason than his comment about lactose, and the brain needing galactose. I, and a significant segment of the population, perhaps as much as one third of it, get diahrrea, gas, and cramps from lactose, due to lactose intolerance. I need lactose about as much as a fish needs a bicycle, to borrow the words of Gloria Steinam!

I don't know anything about these subjects. What I do know is that practical and scientific knowledge changes over years, and sometimes back to where it came from.

See the Atkins story as a major example of science going wrong because of opinion instead of research.

One error, or like us human beings, even a lifelong stream of misconceptions, does not make one an idiot. His systems works for many, I don't care about lactose, for you it may be important. So find your own way.

Succes.
  #42   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 01:22
Registered Member

Stats: 200/190/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

Dear Watcher 16,

Thank you for the information. Any ideas about how to protect the back while lifting. Should I begin standing up or sitting down?

Regards,
carrottop
  #43   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 07:31
Registered Member

If your back is a problem area than avoid standing exercise for now. Sitting down is Ok for a begin. You can use a bench or a chair.

A back exercise could be good for you. The muscle will protect your back and make other exercises possible.

For example: Start with 'Rows' on a chair. At first without weight until the total movement is comfortable for you body. Take a couple of weeks. Then use a small dumbbell. Take especially care not to go beyond your 'no-pain' range of movement. Exercise only once a week. Do ALL movements slow. Also every movement you make around the exercise itself.

Also a simple squat would be good, same pattern as before. The most simple begin of a movement is OK. This will train a core of stability for your whole body.

However small this start has to be: muscle will start growing, movement will enhance.

However unbelievable it seems, with once a week and only a couple of reps and no or little weight, in time you will get better and better. The tric is that your body itself in the resting period will enhance and build muscle etc. You yourself will grow in confidence about movement and training. The in time added muscle will help burn fat and make you look better...

Look at video's of Row and Squat to familiarize with it. However small your start is, take it serious in your approach.

Happy exercise Carrottop!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 07:42
Registered Member

I would like to edit and change a couple of 'howevers' but editing doesn't work OK today.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Aug-29-04, 11:39
Stepford Malfunction

Quote:
Originally Posted by watcher16
I would like to edit and change a couple of 'howevers' but editing doesn't work OK today.

Don't worry about it, it looks fine and is perfectly understandable.