Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#811   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 12:24

Plan: VLC
Stats: 235/226/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk900
Hello all,

I am familiar with theBear and have read through the threads about the all-meat WOE. I feel that I am on to something very good by following the "zero-carb" path. However, I am wondering if anyone can provide insight into my recent health after adopting this WOE (three weeks VLC; some zero-carb during this time)...

I should preface this by saying that I was I vegetarian for 2.5 years before eating substantial amounts of meat (starting 6 months ago).

So here's what's been happening: first gall bladder/liver pain after eating, and now chest pain. It feels like a digestive problem (theBear alleviated my concern that it may be angina). Anybody else experience this problem? It's quite persistent.

Any advice from former vegetarians?

I'd also like to add that I am doing this purely for health, as I am not overweight and never have been. Thank you, guys!

Have you been checked for gallstones? The high fat will trigger the bile release that then is trapped by the stones. Thus resulting in severe pain. At least that is what happened to me resulting in my gallbaldder being removed. I want to add that none of this was a direct result of dieting. Just happened that way.
Jorel
Sponsored Links
  #812   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 14:56

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

I have always prefered to have my liquids after about 15 minutes after I have eaten. It seems to be part of the culture to drink while eating. I have read a few articles that claim that pretein digests much better if water is delayed until later. The water dilutes the stomach acid and makes it harder to breakdown the protein into amino acids.
  #813   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 15:01

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
So here's what's been happening: first gall bladder/liver pain after eating, and now chest pain. It feels like a digestive problem (theBear alleviated my concern that it may be angina). Anybody else experience this problem? It's quite persistent.

rk900, the internet is not a good place to get a diagnosis. If the pain you are experiencing continues or is bothersome, please schedule a visit with your doctor for a checkup. There are just too many variables to even hazard a guess as to what is going on.
Hope you feel better soon!
  #814   ^
Old Tue, May-23-06, 15:07
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

My Gall Bladder was defective, and I had it out when I was 18, but my gall bladder attacks were very severe and always involved chest pain, get to a Doctor.
  #815   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 11:28

Plan: Life Without Bread
Stats: 150/180/180 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thanks for the input everyone.

I visited my acupuncture practitioner yesterday, and he related the chest pain to the gall bladder. I am feeling a bit better since the treatment. I am quite suspicious of how doctors treat gallbladder problems and will most likely seek them out for tests only.

As far as treatment, I am seeking alternatives. If anyone has experience in treating such things, I would appreciate it. Note: I am only asking for personal opinion/experience. I'll keep you all updated as I work on this kink.

Meg --- I have been eating most of my meat raw, which I am beginning to think is a bit difficult to digest, even though it feels good. I am going to experiment with cooking my meat for a while and using a food processor to grind it with fat scraps.

I have been eating truly high-fat/protein for only 4 months, and the pain was not apparent before this change in diet. Seems as though eating the way I was designed to eat has revealed what high-carb has done to my health!

The pain really does feel like sore muscles to me, and I am feeling as though I just need to take a break every now and then, just as one might rest between workouts. Boy, all this meat-eating is really toning and firming up those flabby organs!
  #816   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 11:50

Plan: VLC
Stats: 235/226/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa N
rk900, the internet is not a good place to get a diagnosis. If the pain you are experiencing continues or is bothersome, please schedule a visit with your doctor for a checkup. There are just too many variables to even hazard a guess as to what is going on.
Hope you feel better soon!

I whole heartedly agree!
  #817   ^
Old Wed, May-24-06, 12:29
Butter is Better!

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 234/220.4/160 Female 5"8.5"
BF:its back again!
Progress: 18%

if you have gall bladder trouble you will not be able to tolerate fats, sorry but that will happen to you, I had to avoid all fat until my surgury or i was in agony, I feel for you, it is the worst pain i ever had, including childbirth and a severe car accident requiring 14 surgurys.
  #818   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 13:14

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 290/238.6/212 Male 6'1"
BF:30%/26%/10%
Progress: 66%

Hm. Forum seems to be eating my posts. Whom do I relay this to?
  #819   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 14:17

Plan: No grains, no sugar.
Stats: 001/045/525 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Dan

Try the folks who taught you passive-aggressive humor. Wait a minute, not them; as they weren't good at that, I doubt they are good for much else.
  #820   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 14:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/185/190 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Dan

Happens to me too, not sure why???? I think it happens a lot on this website....
  #821   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 15:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 290/238.6/212 Male 6'1"
BF:30%/26%/10%
Progress: 66%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwikdriver
Try the folks who taught you passive-aggressive humor. Wait a minute, not them; as they weren't good at that, I doubt they are good for much else.

Not sure I follow any of that, but thanks for whatever it was.

Perhaps with a decoder ring that turns into the name of the appropriate party to contact.

Last edited by Viking Dan : Thu, May-25-06 at 15:32.
  #822   ^
Old Thu, May-25-06, 15:45
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

No technical problems. It should be no surprise to anyone that personal attacks are removed from this and other threads and their authors warned, and then banned when they're unable to stop, as explained in the forum rules to which we all clicked "agree".

Wa'il
Closed Thread