Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-06-04, 08:38

Plan: dr kwasniewski diet
Stats: 83/83/83 Male 180 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default Cream and Heavy Cream and Candida

Hallo everybody, sorry for my english at the start

I've read all posts about heavy cream ( 36% fat ) and still don't have the answer - is it allowed or not with candida?
I eat every evening 200 ml of heavy cream with grapefruit - what about this?
And finally what about cream ( not sour and 30% of fat - "sweet" one) - is it better than heavy ( sour ) cream?

regards piotr
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 05:50

Plan: My Own
Stats: 240/213/152 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 31%

I have been told that although I could have cream on my insulin restance diet I can't have it on my candida diet as it contains sugars. Thats thick, single and aerosol! (in English that is!).
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 05:51

BF:

Me again! I also can't have any fruit of any kind as that also contains sugars! Sorry!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-10-04, 21:26

Plan: Stillman's
Stats: 222/222/150 Female 5 ft. 2 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

As you may already know, the rules for fighting candida vary not only by doctor/nutritionist but by "patient",as well. For myself, I found that any whole cream product, meaning no milk whatsoever, was not only acceptable to my system but even helpful and certainly a lifesaver as a treat. This included heavy cream that I used as a substitute for milk on my rice puff cereal and as drink with my almonds as well as sour cream that I had on the occasional red potato, and, of course, butter. But, I never could do citrus fruits. Bananas and kiwi and cherries were the only fruits my system could handle. Fighting candida is very much a matter of following the basic guidelines that every doctor/nutritionist agrees on, and taking or leaving whatever works for you in other areas. As for the cream, it is one of those things that is not agreed upon. Dr. Crook says yes to pure heavy cream but others say no. If your system tolerates it, use it. But in moderation so that your system doesn't eventually reject it. Hope this has been helpful!!!! Good Luck! The results are definitely worth the work!
Browngirl

Last edited by browngirl : Mon, May-10-04 at 21:28. Reason: misspell
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 07:00

BF:
Progress:

ok but how to know if something is good for "my system"
what symptoms do you have to observe?
  #6   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 11:20

BF:

I was very ill so was really motivated to follow my nutritionists advice to the letter! As candida feeds on sugars it makes sense to avoid all foods containing the various forms of sugars. It depends how ill it all makes you and how much you want to be well again. Plus it dies off quicker as the candida is not being fed all the time!

But its all down to personal choice.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, May-11-04, 16:21

BF:

Again, it varies by person. But you should not have any problem knowing if your system tolerates a particular food. Question: Have you been on a strict anti-candida diet for any length of time? It is best to be very strict until your symptoms of candida are alleviated before you begin experimenting with adding in new or debated foods. Dr. Crook's diet is, in my opinion, the gold standard of anti-candida diets. While ridding myself of candidasis, his book, The Yeast Connection, was as important to me as my Bible, New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures. After ridding myself of the candidasis, I went back to normal American eating. Big mistake! I should really go back to YC eating, but like any other diet, it is always so hard to go back on! browngirl

Last edited by browngirl : Tue, May-11-04 at 16:23. Reason: misspell
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 09:02

BF:
Progress:

i'm on kind of Atkin's diet but little moderated - daily carbs about 70 g, protein 70g and fat about 250 g - i think it is similar to candida diet.
now i'm starting homeopatic cycle for lamblia and after it's gone i will start also homeopatic treatment for candida
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-12-04, 12:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

Dear Pszamrej:

You will know that you should not have any dairy if you get sick to your stomach from it or have diahhrea. If you don't, I'd say you are ok to have it.

Grapefruit is the WORST thing you can have if you are trying to avoid "growing" more candida. STEER CLEAR of all CITRUS (orange, lemons, etc).
  #10   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 08:58

BF:
Progress:

i have no negative respons after diary eating, but until candida is present i will use only a bit of cream
so all fruits are bad?
i thought that when it fit to my daily carbohydrates intake it's ok
can i use any other fruits exept citruses?
  #11   ^
Old Thu, May-13-04, 13:31

BF:

Fighting candida is much more involved than simply lowering your carb intake. It means cutting out all foods in your diet that cause yeast to grow. That means foods containing sugar(fruit, milk, bacon), yeast, molds(cheese, some nuts, dried fruits, dried tea...), starch(potatoes, corn...), gluten(wheat) and acid(citric acid, vinegar), to name a few. For most people sick with candida, these products are completely elliminated from their diet either forever or until the candida is under control. (For some, soured dairy products seem to have a good effect, for others it is damaging.) After adhering strictly to Dr. Crook's diet for several months, I was able to start adding in certain things gradually without any adverse effects. You really need to read up on this! Browngirl
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-16-17, 05:19

Plan: keto
Stats: 170/170/170 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress:

The above post that says you need to remove acids from your diet is ridiculous. For example, the component of coconut that kill candida is called caprylic acid. Many of us get candida due to insufficient stomach acid.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 11:30

Stats: 200/200/160 Female 65"
BF:

From https://www.thecandidadiet.com/foodstoavoid.htm#dairy

Most dairy should be avoided except ghee, butter, kefir, and probiotic yogurt. Dairy foods tend to contain lots of natural sugars (e.g. lactose), and they can also be difficult to digest. Many people have latent sensitivities to dairy products (especially those from cow’s milk) without even realizing it. The culprit is usually the lactose or casein found in products like milk or cheese.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 12:21

Stats: 200/200/160 Female 65"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsnowdon
The above post that says you need to remove acids from your diet is ridiculous. For example, the component of coconut that kill candida is called caprylic acid. Many of us get candida due to insufficient stomach acid.

Be nice....