Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Apr-05-24, 12:04

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Excellent points, and that is indeed the problem. It IS an addicting drug. They spent billions to make sure you "can't eat just one." And this isn't fair play like a pie contest at the state fair, where everyone starts with the same ingredients.

They have created addictive fake food. So effective that we don't even know how much fake food is mixed into the real food. Like, I can make my own cheesecake, sweetened with chunks of fruit. And then I look at the plates of GOO that my grocery sells as cheesecake.

The people who are horrified by steak and eggs for breakfast think it's better for them to have a granola bar fortified with soy protein.

What I'm asking is, do some people not even understand what food is? I have been told quite seriously that of course we are getting the deep-fried not-potato vegetable because it's "healthier."

Then I remember doctors don't get nutrition courses, and neither do we.

That's the problem right there.

I don't know that it's really their fault though. Even my generation was eating a lot of processed foods. There weren't nearly as many back then, most of them weren't eaten on a daily basis, and a lot of the ones we had weren't nearly as processed as they are now.

But we still had pop tarts, instant breakfast, Tang, sodas, Hawaiian Punch. With the exception of the sodas, all of those were considered to be relatively healthy - The pop tarts had "real fruit" in them (not as much as would be in the jam you smeared on your white bread toast - but still, REAL fruit!), the Instant Breakfast had a bunch of added vitamins and minerals (and lots of sugar, but apparently mixing it with your own REAL milk counteracted that!), the Tang had Vitamin C (and was mostly sugar - but it's what the astronauts drank in space! How could it possibly be bad for you?), Hawaiian Punch was made with real fruit juice (10% - but still, REAL fruit juice!).

A lot of people don't really recognize real food in it's natural form, much less know what to do with it. They're just too far removed from it.

Not to mention the anti-meat, anti-egg, anti-fat mantra from the last 40 years - they just eat whatever is presented to them as being healthy.