Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#1036   ^
Old Sat, Jan-20-18, 18:32

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hello Ladies,

Woke up with a full blown head cold. Not the kind to pull me under, the kind that is very annoying blowing yellow snot with a bright red nose. Ya that kind.

TRIG- We got those 60's beautiful temps too! About TIME! I AM OVER cold. YA our kids had those same 3 snow days of too. I was house bound for 2 days and then we had the holiday off and then I took 1 PTO day I was ready to get outta the house!

I bet the kiddo IS ready to go back. Do she have any friends close to you? At that age better to pick up a friend or two and let them figure it out!

LEEANN- WOW again you have a full house. I don't know how you do it. After awhile I would need to lock myself in my bedroom. But you seem to take it in stride more of the time.

So is DS19 there for winter break? I also found one on your posts funny that you wanted your DD to go home- she is only 35 minutes away! That was funny. She stayed 2 days?!?!?!?
So this is your IL Christmas? Does that mean you still decorations up?

BLUE- How are you my dear? I too don't know much about the RM- except I heard it was a real NO NO- and people end up burned. Good that you had someone who knows run the numbers for you!

I know what you are going through is ROUGH beyond words. I thought of you as I packed a box of my own today. I have a fast approaching deadline, and it is starting to give me a twinge of angst. Change IS HARD. Even if it will benefit us. Your situation though is for different reasons. I just fine it ironical we are both in the mist of heavy transition of a move about the same time.

New chapters for us both. On the flip side that home will always hold precious memories for you. However I too think that once you get to the other side settled with your hubby it will be ok.

YAY on you to get in a size 12!!!!!!!! That is great. That is one less thing you gotta worry about. Those shakes have come in handy at just the right time!
Keep us posted my friend.

Lori- GREAT deal you got on those gloves. Hopefully you won't need them for another year!!!! Are you feeling more rested now that you aren't working as much?
How is your WOE going? You said you were feeling better about it. Have you started back to boot camp? I think once the weather warms up a bit you will too settle into your routine.

KMOM- hope you are well. This must be your weekend to rest and relax!
Did you ever get your treadmill? How are things going with you heart wise? I guess since you haven't written about it, it must have settled down a bit. Are you still as tired or has some of that resided?
--------------------------------------------
Yes - a cold is annoying. Hard to believe on could have so much snot! It funny I go from totally clogged to WIDE open and it feels dry and hurts- then. My nose is red and sore from blowing.
It's not enough to knock me down though- dragging maybe.

I wrote a huge paper / read about 300 pages/ 5 articles/ and 2 activities that were required for just this week!

I spent the morning house hunting online. Found 4 I want to go though tomorrow. After that I wrote my paper. I am REALLY struggling with citing, and proper APA. I know it takes practice. I feel a bit overwhelmed. With school, full time work and school over my head right now.

My move IS starting to feel real and close. Plus after I find someplace comes the real work. All the paperwork that goes into the mortgage and inspections, packing, address transfers, and the list is daunting. You would think as many times as I have done it it would be old hat.
However I have never done it this busy. Trying to keep all my balls in the air.

Took a 20 minute walk- it was nice. Just me and the pup. My phone has been ringing off the chain today. I just have not felt chatty. My DS can be super chatty. I know I should relish it- but sometimes I am just tired. He still has the energy being in his 20's. He met a new girl today and wanted to tell me all about it. 4 phone call worth!!!!!!

Left over chili over 2 hot dogs. I know I won't lose due to salt. But it was LC and hit the spot. No dairy - so I am hopeful I will lose the salt puff tomorrow.

Loving the one meal on the weekends works for me.
OK- LONG day. I am real close to finish Person of Interest. Just a few episodes left. Plan to knock them off tonight.

Stay strong ladies- remember - THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!!!! Lets CLAIM IT SO!!!!

PS- I know there is much to edit- here- to tired to care
Sponsored Links
  #1037   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-18, 05:34

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning Friends!

Oh Jaz.....hope you are feeling better this morning. I had that crud a few weeks ago....miserable. Do you ever use a nasal saline spray to help with the congestion? Sometimes it helps a bit. You have so much going on with school and thinking about moving.....make sure you get enough rest. Take care.

There is some kind of stomach thing going around work now and I'm hoping I don't catch that. Ugh. This flu thing is scary too. People dying within hours of feeling sick. I'm around so many people at work....hope my immune system is strong. DH and I are going to start taking Oil of Oregano capsules to try to keep any infections away. Not sure if it really works, but it couldn't hurt, right?

Today will be a low key day. I think DH is going to a sportsman's show with our son and grandson. I have an errand to run & maybe some laundry since I have to work all day Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday. I thought maybe I'd go to my sister's on Thursday thru the weekend, but she has plans, so that is out. She just got home last night from a week long Disney cruise with her daughter, son in law & granddaughter. She had a good time, but is glad to be home.

Ok gang. Hope you have a good Sunday.
  #1038   ^
Old Sun, Jan-21-18, 08:21

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- That flu bug going around is no joke! They talk about it on the news about everyday. They did mention the stomach thing too. THANKFULLY mine is just a mild cold. I did start my Nasocort yesterday and feel somewhat better today.

I have never heard of oregano as a health herb....Tumeric yes. I'm sure you wash your hand like crazy. Thankfully we as a society don't use paper money much. Paper is so dirty. I rarely carry cash- RARE! maybe a 20 here or there.

When are you going back to bootcamp? What are you eating these days?

Leeann- you are in full hostess swing again! At least you aren't doing a big dinner. I am curious as to how your dinner out went? Did you dress up? What kind of place was this?

Oh I want to go back a few posts. Shrimp soup? I gather it had dairy, but I am thinking I could make it like a warm coconut milk lime curry base. What else did your soup have in it? Interested. I have some limes, coconut milk and shrimp on hand. Did you cook the shrimp first?

Trig- I am sending you a BEAUTIFUL WARM DAY! Get out side and get some natural vitamin D!!!!! Take the kiddo and dogger for a walk! You will feel a ton better. I plan to get my 30 minutes in.

I actually hear BIRDS!!!! YAY ON THAT. Warm weather and lets put this winter to BED!
Whats on your menu this week?

BLUE- I am hopeful you are feeling better.Hopeful, see some silver linings. All those things. Time has a way as you well know to make things work out. I am a big believer of KARMA.

KMOM- hope you are well!
---------------------------------------
Out of time be back - on plan Stan!
  #1039   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 03:56

BF:

Good Morning!

Wow! Quiet around here yesterday. Hope all is well with everyone and that you were just taking a break from posting. Another weekend gone and a new week ahead.....a busy one for me. I'm heading to boot camp this morning and then have to be to work at 9. I'll be home in time to get some dinner for DH and then collapse into my recliner!

Yesterday was spent watching football and eating too much. Sigh......back on the straight and narrow today. Needless to say, I wasn't feeling great when I went to bed and still feel a little queasy. When will I learn? Oh well, it's over and done with and today is a new day. I have decided that I won't be stepping on the scale until February 1st. That gives me about 10 days to right the ship.

Well, I have the washer spinning already this morning and must throw some stuff in the dryer before heading to boot camp. Hope your Monday is kind to you!
  #1040   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 05:10

BF:

WOW- You are right Lori- WHERE IS EVERYONE!

YAY Lori you are heading back to boot camp!!!!!
You are right- you will turn the ship right around. I think for you- bootcamp has been your anchor in all of it.

I know you can't outrun your fork. But why waste all your bootcamp work for trashy food.

That should be a blog- TRASHY FOOD!!!!! Thing is, we could all write something about it. Been there done that!

You are right- today is a new day! We should use it wisely.
I am feeling super guilty about blowing off yesterday. I had all these lofty plans I NEEDED to to. Did I do any of them- no. I sat out in the sun all afternoon and took myself to dinner and went to bed early.

No workout, no school, no writing, just a nothing day. I was too lazy to even cook. I stayed pretty well on task- had a fish taco'.I ate the stuff out of the wrap. But it had some sorta rub on the fish. Nothing horrible- just off my plan for chicken. I will have it tonight.

I did pack 3 -4 boxes yesterday. That was the extent of yesterday. I am feeling the stress of time, can ya tell?!?!?!?!

I did tour 1 house yesterday. I sorta liked the house, but I noticed that there are 3 huge dead trees in the back yard close to the house. Those would run about 3,000 each to take down. Then there was no refridgertor, another 1,500, and the carpet needed replaced. 10,000 need just to move in. NEXT. My realtor I think is a bit frustrated with me.
She said- well you can always fix things as you go. Well those trees could cause major damage with the first storm. I look at those things.I know that I can't afford the perfect home, but I have to like it. Enough of that.

This week is going to be super busy. I have reviews to do every day- then Thur. We have an all state staff meeting that last all day. Next week I have a 2 day conference that will be an overnight. It's on diversity in the work place. It's required I go. Can't say that I am thrilled. It's hard to relax in a hotel.

Warm here finally- with rain moving in.

So the unit I am working on is a fun subject actually. So in a nutshell the question is- Are inspirational leaders born or made?
We all know leaders who should not be in those positions- ie my boss!
But then there are the real game changer leaders- were they always that way? People like Martin Luther King, Gandi, even Oprah. Love her or not- she has enormous power just being herself. Were these people born natural leaders or just happen to be in the right place at the right time.

Fun to think about right? Then the readings, break it down to us. How do we influence the world around us. Our circles. Are we followers or leaders. The bottom line is to know yourself, according to this chapter I am reading.
You all didn't know you all were going back to school with me did ya!?!?!?!?!? LOLOLOL......

Ok all - come back!!!!!! You are all MISSED!!!! KMOM, LEEANN, BLUE, TRIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lori and I are holding down the fort!
  #1041   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 08:01

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jaz, the big trees are definitely a big cost factor! I wouldn't buy it either LOL Girl, you sound super busy but are doing a fab job keeping it all together!

We got icky cloudy cooler weather here darn it...was hoping for another nice warmer day but sadly it turned...boo. I am getting spring fever already HA

I love caesar dressing and the other day I sauteed a flattened chicken breast in cajun spice and then spooned a little dressing on it and YUM I can easily use dressings as toppers for taste. In that a little sugar in some dressing would never make me crave in any way. I am tho limited on taste changes with dressings cause there are not alot of dressings I like

Lori, you cut it out now You are playing with fire cause you are bored with winter!! I know cause I wanna do it also but am somehow holding back. Believe me I have to have big chats with myself to stay out of the kitchen and going into no mans land some days just cause I am bored and freezing! I know....but at least you are moving better than I am. I still have not walked my dreadmill HA

Hey all
weather is cloudy and on the icky side, have to check forecast, looks like rain is coming? boo

just doing boring junk waiting for spring. Saw Star Wars movie. Ok, nothing stellar, hubby loved it. So freaking loud. The movie theater was just shaking with the fight scenes and just WAY TOO loud ya know. Annoyed me LOL Hubby was right into it while I darn near would have fallen asleep except how could ya? The noise was crazy loud HAhaha

Chatted out with hubby. We are accelerating his early retirement from this job. 24 yrs and he is tired and I told him screw waiting til June, quit at end of Feb. That gives him totally no job until next Jan. when he will go find something to work thru winter. Basically get little easy job and work Jan to June and then quit. That extra money will be nice, he will be out of my winter hair and keep him in the working world a bit. He will have off June-Jan to do whatever 'semi-retired' crap he wants to do. So our change is happening here. Should be a very fun adventure seeing how all this fits great into our lives, free time. Alot of free time to travel. Oh boy I am thrilled and kiddo doesn't mind at all (wink wink) being pulled from school a little bit for trips so we have a lifestyle change definitely going to happen, a bit sooner now. All good so far on everything we have planned.

off to get to the grocery
nothing good on sale. some NY strips are 5.99/lb so will buy a few packs and stick in the freezer.

everyone have a great day!
  #1042   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 08:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

KMom- It touched my heart, when you wrote about going through the bins of SEVEN kids, then seeing something that reminds you of your DH and needing to walk away for a bit. I am sure it is a mix of longing and happy memories and sadness that he is no longer with you. Sending you love.

Very sweet, your many offers and ideas to help Blue out.

Jaz- So sorry that you are feeling a little bit under the weather. Hopefully it is a passing thing.

How in the world can a realtor already be losing her patience with you? She has hardly even worked with you yet!! Buying a place is a HUGE financial decision and it takes time. Don't let yourself feel pressured at all- it might be a commission for her but it is a much longer lasting thing for you!

No, for Christmas my DD stayed here for TEN days, not two! Even though they live about 40 minutes away! And her Fi was here with her for a good five of those as well. And yes, DS19 was home for winter break, Dec 19- Jan 21. But I am not down to the one and only!

I'm glad your DS has met someone that he thinks might be promising. I am still kind of shocked about what happened with his fiancιe getting cancer and basically dumping him. Whatever happened to her?

And what about an update an AVA? How is she? Any new pics? How are things for the new little family?

Jaz- not really a shrimp soup. Just cut some cooked shrimp (I cook them and then store in the fridge for various uses) and then made some homemade alfredo sauce and ate them in a generous amount of sauce.

Good question about inspirational leaders. I think there are people who are born with traits that make them good leaders, and then some of them are either nurtured in those traits or/and take their cues from other leaders and learn from them. Either in person or through reading, they are helped to hone the leadership traits that they already have. Question is, can someone who does not have natural leadership traits develop them enough to become a strong leader or will that always be a struggle/feel unnatural? How real is the saying "Fake it til you make it?!"

Lori- I hope boot camp goes well for you today, and work too. You will be tuckered out after all that!!

••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hi everyone!

Happy Monday! Soon my normal schedule will be back in effect, and I can almost taste it! Right around the corner!!

Took DS19 back to college last night after a fun and busy weekend. He was excited to go back and his roommate met him at my car to help carry his stuff up. I'm so glad that he is so happy there and so happy to return. You know? Warms my heart. He made a good choice! He has his Macroeconomics Final Exam today and hopefully it will go well. He says if he gets a 95 or higher he will get an A+ for the class and three credit hours.

The dinner on Saturday night and the Cousins' Christmas on Sunday all went really well. Everyone left by around 5 PM or so. I made enough food and the kids were all happy and just YAY for it being smooth and happy.

My eating Saturday night and Sunday afternoon was NOT on point. Picking myself up and moving on today, trying hard not to get hung up on it and to keep it a blip instead of a stopping point. I can do this! Sadly I reversed some good progress but hopefully after 20 days it was water weight mostly.

Now that I've got the Orlando/Give Kids the World trip planned (lodging etc) I have turned my focus to the KS/OK/NM trip. I think I hammered out the route I will take, more or less, last night. DH will meet up with me for a long weekend in Santa Fe. Not sure yet when in the summer I will go, it depends partly on what falls into place for DS16.

Speaking of, he has his last midterm going on right now, in Honors English. He says he feels pretty confident about it and hopefully he is right. No school tomorrow for him for end of quarter.

Have a great day, everyone!
  #1043   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 08:19

BF:

Wow Trig that is really exciting for you guys!! Your DD is young enough and academically grounded enough that you can take advantage of that for sure. Good plan! It gets much harder to take them out once they hit high school.

5.99 a pound for NY Strip steaks is great. I would totally get those and sous vide the heck out of them!
  #1044   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 09:40

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi everyone!

I planned twice to post this weekend, but something unexpected came up both times. Ended up being gone most of the two days, and when I got home I was shot. I am pushing past the feeling of being drained and depleted, but I might have done a little bit too much these last two days. It was not really a physical tiredness. It was weird. It was like I was literally "spent." So I just mostly sat in my recliner for a few hours and then went to bed early.

Feel better this morning. Got up and sat in the recliner and then said...NOPE...get your butt off the recliner and do something. Anything. Made breakfast and now typing to you guys. I have never experienced anything like this in my life. BUT....I will say I am functioning with it and feeing thankful for a calm heart (No A-Fib for 5 1/2 months!)

Lori:
Man, seems like you you might be a tad tired today. Think so? I am impressed you will get DH's dinner made before you collapse!

Jaz:
You need to be picky. You notice everything and that is great. TREES can be a real problem in so many ways! My DDS (dear daughter across the street) has some beautiful trees. But two got a disease and had to pay 2K for them to be cut down. I think it was 2K each. Then just paid 700 for one of her trees to be trimmed as it was growing out over the sidewalk. I think you are wise to add up the costs of getting the home to where you want it. That realtor knows you are savvy. She should applaud that.

Blue:
I continue to plan in my mind where I would put your bins and how I would stack them. I can borrow my DDS's van and make some trips. Don't mean to push this idea, but just want you to know how feasible it is. We would be happy, merry "bin carriers." I think 30 or more bins/boxes out of your home would make you feel great. But, I will just wait to see if you want to go forward with this. Big snowstorm today. I worry about you with this big storm, plus being alone dealing with the big decision that was recently made. You can come hang out here if you want! But then again, I am not sure I would be able to make it to your house to get you. Mega snow coming.

Trig:

I LOVE how you work it and work it and figure out how to get hubby to retire early. You have watched him work all these years and seen how, at least recently, he is getting wiped out. I LOVE the idea of him retiring early from this job.

Nic:
Wow, back to normal soon. Seems like you have really smart kids and kids that are disciplined as far as school goes. I remember DH15 struggling last year, but finishing off with an OK last quarter. Seems like this year is different for him. Did you daughter take honors classes also? My kids were above average in school, I think. And man, they are mores and shakers now! I am talking about my two biological kids because they would have gotten the genes passed on from hubby and me. Four of my adopted deaf kids are all very smart. I have always told them that they are smarter than me. It's just that I can hear so can use the English language easier than them. Like reading and writing. But they are all college grads (as are my two bio's) and doing well in life. Fifth adopted deaf child has some special needs..

You bounce back easily. Well, now I don't want to say that and then have you struggle this time. But I have confidence in you. You had such a good run lately. I am thinking you will have another good run now. I just had a good run of about 2 1/2 weeks. Like you, I struggled this weekend with my woe, but am firmly on the straight and narrow as I type!

K-Mom 10x4
  #1045   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 10:09

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco I give ya the 'most busiest gal on the board' award
I don't know how you keep up with it all....ahhh, you are younger than me, that is how ya do it!!

I so hear you on wanting to get the routine back. I love a routine. I don't mind the busy of it but don't throw the totally unexpected in there too much or I go off a bit in the brain HA

Sounds like your brood is doing stellar and I know that gives you great peace!!

Yea the steaks stunk at the market. Not a good selection and I was in NO mood to chat with the meat guy to bring out more. Bought only a 3 pk of 'ok' steaks. Whatever, new sales will hit in the future but I did hit a great sale on St Louis Style Ribs and I got 3 monster honking racks. Oh yea alot to eat on those babies

KM sorry you have to push thru the tired but some times we do, especially thru cold winter months. It takes more effort, just ask me, NOW a couch potatoe almost, but mine it not thru any med troubles I had etc...mine is cause I choose not to move and bad me! But not having the A-fib troubles means you are doing something right girl so you move along and strive for improving your health at every turn....we are worth it

Yea we are financially sound in that we sold all that land and it gave us a huge amt of money to 'kinda do nothing with' and I thought it was time to put money to some good use around here instead of sitting in accounts to make more money. Money spent on his health and sanity is important at this point.

We chatted the other day about his 'maybe depression' and he finally admitted (or just spoke about it cause heck he won't talk how he 'feels'-- just physical stuff) he was kinda borderline depressed. I said heck I saw it. Saw it about 2 yrs ago when I realized he 'was not himself'. He was not light, fluffy, jovial, chatty, funny, impulsive fun, or chipper or any of what he was, heck that is why I liked the Pork Chop ya know I told him we are going backward now...back to light in life. Light loads, our time, freedom, no weight on our shoulders etc. Time for us to be kids again I thank the Lord every day and count my blessings that all our financials went the way they have went in our lives...thru luck and hard work!! I do not take this path in life for granted, I know our path was blessed for us to change as we need to change as we get older. All this is a good thing

back from store.
my cheap fast run, and it was fast, was $120? WTH? I didn't buy anything truly LOL
  #1046   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 19:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Thanks to you ALL for your kinds words that felt like warm hugs to me and were much appreciated.

In and out again tonight, because wouldn't you know the VERY DAY after my husband left for Panama, we are in the throes of a 10 to 12 inch snow storm! I have shoveled from my front door, thru gate to street, THREE times today, and about ready to go out and do it again.

OMG gals, there ARE some ways I'm a spoiled kitty cat. I have not wielded a shovel in...head scratch, can't think of how many years. Not to mention hubby wisely would never let me near the snow blower. Machinery and me are not a good match. He is my knight in shining armor this way, and has been forever.

So. Now must go out and shovel from door to street one more time, as we have a fence, must be able to open fence door to get out. Hubby told me, don't let it build up all day, get out there and do it in stages!

Well, we've had probably 8 to 12 inches of snow, maybe more, and it's blowing like crazy. So all day I looked out an hour or two after I've shoveled, and it seems blown over, but is not totally. Gals, there is no way I can lift 10 inches of heavy snow with a shovel for long, so glad I got out there so many times today.

Still, I kind of surprised myself, and think I'm kind of proud of myself, but boy howdy, I sure am out of shape. Just took my time. Foot at a time. Temp is not threatening, time to just lean on your shovel and see the beauty of the snowfall, and yes, there IS beauty to it, and look out over our neighborhood with its street lanterns glowing and breathe in cool crisp air.

Had my treat night last night after Hubby left---12 days on plan in this case, felt fine w/it. Had some Asian take out. Back on plan today.

Will be back in the full spirit of giving soon, but right now Eskimo Nell is suiting up again to face the forces of nature!

Last edited by Blue52 : Mon, Jan-22-18 at 19:33.
  #1047   ^
Old Mon, Jan-22-18, 22:48

BF:

OMG BLUE I can't even fathom that. I would hunker in and hire a neighbor kid! OH HELLO NO- You would find me face down in the drive way.

Hell I was out in my flip flops and sweater- walking outside on my lunch hour. My skin is still slightly red from sitting in the sun yesterday. was close to 70. I can't do anymore winter.

You a better woman than me! -
Although I will admit even in your writing - looking down the street. Quite, fresh fallen snow, that muffles noise, untouched yet, with twinkling lights. I just love to read about it Live it no !!!!

Ok honey eat up the Asian and get back on plan! You are really blessed with a great guy, good health, wonderful friends and a dynamite kid.
Everything else is just well ........... can be rebuilt. The thing is- yes you are losing your house. I am getting real here. But- Another family- that loves and will do as you did , raise a family there is a great legacy. I am in no way diminishing your loss, but those poor families in Ca- that just lost it all- fires, mudslides....... floods- just gone.

I know what you are going though rough my friend. But you are blessed. Sat next to a man last night when I went out. He is 62. Made conversation with me. He is a widower , and is on hospice care. You would never know it looking at him as he obviously has money and was dressed to the tee. Suit jacket and wing tipped shoes at a sports bar.

Anyway he was at the table next to mine and we started chatting.
He is dying. Stage 4 lung cancer, months to live. No kids, no family- totally alone- will die alone. it was really depressing to listen to him. He ask for my number- but said he would never call. Just wanted to know "if he could still get a number from a pretty gal". Ya I gave it to him.

All this to say Blue- I know you are struggling. I just want you to see what we see in you. One tough, bad ass fighter. I know you are always the tough one- and sometimes that is rough. I too know the want of wanting to just curl up and have someone take over - when it get overwhelming. But you do have the hubs!

I'm just saying- you just gotta love the fact you have a wonderful guy who loves you and at the end of the day- it's just you
two! Stuff comes and goes- sometimes we have it and sometimes we don't.
OK...... backing slowly now outta your business- all said in love you know.

TRIG- speaking of love for the hubby/ pork chop- beautiful thing you offer your guy. Chin up sister- well done!!!!!!!!! Proud of you. you so deserve the fairy tail yourself!
I will love to see how this play out for you and the family!

Awesome one the steak pile up!

Leeann- I KNOW you are craving the normalcy of you routine. There is much comfort in that!
I know what it feels like to "blow it"- after working so hard and getting a few pounds off. Get right back up there sister and brush it off. NEW DAY- THIS IS OUR YEAR!!!!!!!! LETS OWN IT.

Sounds like things winding down in a great way for you- gosh knows you need it!

KMOM- your kind heart is ever amazing! What a giver you are!
I am concerned -I sure hope you are still in contact with your doctor. I was hoping the tiredness was over. Maybe you just have a touch of something. Have you had your blood levels check recently?
-------------------------------------------------
Worked on school papers and feeling good about it. It is REALLY REALLY REALLY FREKIN HARD. Sorta like having a baby- you think it sounds lovely until you hit labor. I'm just in the morning sickness stage and wording ......what the ............I will do this!

Work is a bit*ch right now I will save that for morning. I am SO MAD...... I need to wait until morning before I vent about what a spineless wastes of space my boss is. DEEP BREATHING..... Because It is late and I am still up and need sleep.
All I will say is I happen to find my review for myself on the printer. I looked at it. I am FURIOUS. IS AND UNDERSTATEMENT- As many times as I have saved her as s to to a mediocre review is unacceptable. I can honestly say- not bragging I saved that dam dept. If I had not do what I have done jobs would be gone and I just don't know were we would be.

She doesn't know I saw it. I barely spoke to her today. I get my formal review Wed. I need to calm down before I tell her to go fly a kite- I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MAD. OMG- OK JAZ BREATH..................
I know she is a putz- but dear god I have saved her arzzzzz so many times to give me a 3- serious!!!!!!!!!!!! just MEETS- no above or beyond. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?????????????????????

Ok I went there......... Thank goodness I have 2 days to simmer before I see this........ I am thinking about walking in with a written rebuttal- and telling her I am offended beyond words. Really. Because I am.
If I just look at her and say " you know what I am speechless and offended beyond words" and just shut up- she should feel guilty as hell.
I know it's a stupid review. But it it's. It's the time we as bosses get to say thank to those that work for us and support us. Ok- I need to stop because I am boiling now.

BREATHE- Just got 1 small glass of wine. YA know I don't drink alot- although I talk about wine some on here. I do enjoy a glass now and again. I do watch it. I don't drink the sweet stuff. Just a nice merlot. I have about 1-2 glass a week. That is my treat! I like it and count it. I feel I am so limited in everything else- I don't feel a couple glasses sets me back.

Ok- 11:40 here and the alarm goes off at 5:25 aM

LORI- how was boot camp? Feeling good? Thought about you this morning. I was out walking my pooch early tis morning and she spied a kitty under a car. She darted for it- lucky she is on a leash. I dragged her in. But then I started hearing the kitty CRY outside my window. DANG I felt bad for it. I think we scared it. It was a little thing and was wailing like a baby. I killed me. Poor thing! They really do should like babies crying.

OK- I have been a real Debbie down in this post-
I am ending on a silver living- WOE 100% And stellar today!
And thats enough- I am healthy, and moving forward- whatever that looks like. If I don't get my house due to the bitch denying me a bonus so be it. I got my Bella, and wherever we lay our heads together is home to me.

Yea- I may not get that down payment bonus- because of her review. YUP- I will go plan b- not sure what that is. But I will figure it out.

Last edited by Jaz66 : Mon, Jan-22-18 at 23:05.
  #1048   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 05:10

BF:

Good Morning-
What a rant I went on.As tempted as I was to edit and deleted it, I choose not to. Because I felt amazing to write it out.

You would think that a good night sleep would help.
it didn't So I need to reel myself in a bit. It would not be in MY best interest to go off on my boss.
I will be there long after she is gone. So I need to be quiet. What are your thoughts ladies though to let her know I am upset??????

Could use some advice here.

See personals above!

Today's meal is ready to go. 1/4 cup tuna/mayo about 1
Turkey "burger" for dinner (no bun)- with guacamole. Lot of water today.

Went out to get my mail yesterday- I rarely go to the mail box. I do everything online. But thought I would empty the trash mail. Anyway I got a really cool laminated larger post card. It has a picture of a person standing on a mountain top- looking out over the valley. The caption says MAKE THIS YEAR THE BEST YET!!!!
So I hung it in my kitchen next to my white board! Just another cool affirmation.

THIS IS OUR YEAR! Who is in?!?!?!?!? This is the year I make my WOE goal. That is 55 pounds. I am claiming that!

AVA update- that chunky monkey! No news is great news. My DD is adjusting to having 2 babies at home and her husband returning to work. She is basically not going anywhere. They are still trying to get her to sleep through the night. It is hit and miss.

The good news is that she is selling her breast milk for real deal $$$$$- she has received several checks for 2-3k. For BREAST MILK!
Anyway, the milk is "cleaned" and is used in NICU units all over the country for those premie babies who need more nutrition.

Boy the flu- is taking the headlines daily is seems. Scary stuff.
Have a great day all !
  #1049   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 05:52

BF:

Good Morning!

Blue.....OMG......the snow! I'm so sorry you have to deal with that mess. Good for you for just putting your head down, gritting your teeth and getting it done. We surprise ourselves sometimes, don't we? Hope today is a better day and that you are not too sore from all that shoveling.

I am not too sore from boot camp yesterday. Just enough to know I did something out of the ordinary. I will be going back Thursday and Friday. I can't go Wednesday because I have to be to work at 5AM for inventory...ugh. Yesterday was a boring day at work. Not very busy and a lot of pacing back and forth behind the cash register. Probably more of the same today. I did have a couple customers who were chatty. It was nice. One of them is a runner who I used to see go by our house a lot. He is a county judge, probably in his sixties. He knows my husband, so he stood and talked a bit. He is dealing with Plantar Fasciitis right now so hasn't been running for the past 4 months. Anyway...

Jaz....I think you should let your boss know how disappointed you are and point out all the extra things you have done to help the department. Just choose your words and your tone carefully. It will probably go over her head, but maybe it will make you feel better. Good luck!

Trig.....exciting times coming up for you! Glad DH has decided to retire and then just find something to keep him busy that he will enjoy. Not to mention the traveling....woohoo!!

Speaking of traveling.....Nic! You have a fun summer coming up! Sounds like a lot of fun. So glad your son is enjoying his college experience. So cool that his roommate met him at the car to help carry stuff. Sounds like they are both excited to get back to college life.

KMom...hope you're having a good week. Are you getting the same snow storm that hit Blue? Hope you have someone to deal with it for you.

Time for another cup of coffee before getting ready for work. Have a good day!
  #1050   ^
Old Tue, Jan-23-18, 07:48

BF:

KMom- I am very glad that you have gone so long without A-Fib. I know that was really scary and worrisome for you so that is a big relief. I am worried about you though with this exhaustion and feeling depleted. It is a trade off with the medicine I guess, and I know you would hate to mess with that and have the A-Fib come back.

Re: my kids and academics. My first two are very academically motivated. They enjoy school and learning and are motivated by good grades and recognition of their efforts. Both of them entered college at nearly a Sophomore standing- DD22 graduated in three years with a major and two minors, and DS19 is trying to decide if he wants to finish in three or four years, with plans to go to a top law school. DS16 is much more like me, not internally motivated by school unless the subject captures his interest, and then he is passionate about it. He is in what is offered Honors wise and in his first AP this year, and doing better than I would have thought. We have a long family lineage of ADD/ADHD in our family- my Dad, my brother, me and DS16. This essentially means we also have smart, astonishing brains that are way more selective! Last year was horribly difficult, partly because it was and partly because I needed to make some mental shifts. This year DS16 has matured a lot, we have worked together to find out what he needs and how to help him be more successful and he has run with it. Much smoother waters. He will absolutely shine once he can hone in on his passions and delve in.

Trig- I love what you wrote about Pork Chop. I mean, I'm sorry he is struggling a bit but I love that you guys talked, that you are there for him, and that you two are moving toward life changes that can reduce his stress and bring your family more joy and peace. That is a blessing indeed!

Blue- Holy Snowstorm, girl!! Are you getting all kinds of exercise or what?? Burning the calories big time and I do know that is some hard work!
I also know exactly that lovely quiet you speak of, with no cars, no plane noise, just a peaceful blanketing and muting of the earth. So quiet that you can actually HEAR the snow falling. I love it too. Haven't had the pleasure of that for quite a while here though, sadly.

You are one tough cookie and I am really proud of you! Soak that back and make sure not to pull it out!

Jaz- Your boss is really just such a freaking jerk. I dislike her so heartily and I have not even laid eyes on her! She is a taker and a user and she is super lazy. She is not giving you credit solely because she needs every bit of credit she can steal.

I am absolutely and one hundred percent NOT the person to give you advice though. I *really* don't play well with others in a work environment.. I am too independent to work well under anyone. I have pretty much always worked at a consultant type level, which gives me the autonomy I require and the space I need.

In fact, there is a job opening for an Admissions Director at my son's school and someone asked me if I was going to apply. I thought about it because I'd be good at it for sure. It's in my wheelhouse. But working at the school and answering to the administration and playing the politics game is not, and I am just not willing to complicate my life with that mess. So I politely declined.

I do think Lori's advice seems sound but again, I am not the person to ask!

Lori- Glad that bootcamp went so well! And also that work is going well also. You are in a good place.

•••••••••••••••

One day to my routine returning!! Whoo hoo! I can feel the relief setting in already. This morning I have MoW and then I told DS16 I'd take him to a friend's house or he could have someone here (no school today- end of quarter.) Then I'm going to bail and go see a movie with my MoviePass- I am thinking Lady Bird. It will be gone soon and I've been trying to see it since the beginning of December!

I did make it to the gym yesterday and got a nice workout in- 10 minutes on the recumbent bike to warm up, then the circuit weights, then ten minutes on the lateral elliptical. Also did some returns at the mall for the kids, and took DS to his piano and drum lessons last night. Back on track with my last meal yesterday at 3PM.

Good news- DH heard about his compensation and he is getting a (well deserved) raise. Whoo hoo! All to be sucked up with college payments!

Have a great day, everyone!
Closed Thread