Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#121   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 03:28

Plan: Atkins 2002ish/LCHF
Stats: 228/166/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 63%
Default I have another pair of "New Fat Jeans"

NSV #3:

I am down 1 more size in my jeans!

I bought them 3 weeks ago, but I couldn't fit in them. So I put them away until I could lose a bit more weight. I only dropped 4 lbs but I tried them on last night and Ta Da! Happy dance. Now I have another set of Old Fat Jeans and a new set of New Fat Jeans! 4 sizes down! Whoo Hoo.

Sponsored Links
  #122   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 08:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - Hybrid Induction
Stats: 230/205/190 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I think my NSV is going to be bitter sweet. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need to purchase a lot more clothes. I'm excited, but I'm dreading the credit card bill!
  #123   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 09:10

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswood
I think my NSV is going to be bitter sweet. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to need to purchase a lot more clothes. I'm excited, but I'm dreading the credit card bill!

If you are still transitioning down to goal, I have two words for you: thrift stores. They were a godsend each time I went down a size. I found it is only necessary to buy one or two items at each new size because a lot of one's existing clothes can be worn slightly big and still look good. But pants need to fit well. So do shoes (I lost a size in my feet!). If wearing secondhand clothing doesn't appeal, you should be aware that most thrift stores also carry unworn items from impulse buyers who realized their mistake when they got it home (been there, done that) and brand new items donated from retail stores who want to write off unsold stock and get a tax credit.

Of course, once you're at goal and into maintenance out comes the credit card.... but that bill will be worth it! Congratulations on your success.
  #124   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 18:42

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Whofan, I like the thrift store idea but rummaging through the racks drives me nuts LOL. The only thrift store in our town currently is Goodwill. If I drive 20-40 miles, then I have a few more options.
  #125   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 19:08

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote:
Originally Posted by itswood

This is SO ME! I actually went and got properly fitted for a bra on Monday... Down a cup size and a step down in band size..

THEN I looked at the prices! geez... I hummed and hawed (while the sales girls shoved bras at me...) finally, I decided I would go to some cheap little store (not the fancy lingerie shop and get a bra to "tide me over" ...

Same thing with pants. I am so happy mine are falling down... but I honestly don;t want to spend a lot replacing them... I WILL spend money HAPPILY when I get to goal, or with in 10... but I actually hate shopping and I hate spend gin money on myself.. feels so indulgent...

Gonna see how much longer I can get away with this "spacious bra" and baggy pants... belt anyone??
  #126   ^
Old Wed, Oct-01-14, 22:27
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/210/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

The bra thing is interesting because most of us are wearing the wrong size to begin with and the fitters at many high end places are trained incorrectly.
That whole thing about adding 4" to your band measurement is malarkey. Whatever your chest measurement is - that IS your band measurement. Most of us are wearing a band 2-4" too loose.
Also - if you decide to get a proper fit you will probably go down a band size and then you should usually go up a cup size. They are proportional - a 32 D is NOT the same cup size as a 38D.

Now weight loss is a whole 'nuther factor to deal with, but just remember the band should fit snug, and stay horizontally level. If it is creeping upward in the back it is too loose.
  #127   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 15:08

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

My bras are comfy to snug in the band and there is no riding up or slipping down, so no matter what the fitter says, that's my size as far as I'm concerned. I just hate that everywhere you shop, there are those unforgiving Victoria's-Secret-style contoured cups. I want soft cups so they give me a little more time before I have to replace them as I shrink down.
  #128   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 16:55

I realized the other day, that I have lost the thirty pounds that my cardiologist told me he wanted me to lose after my cardiac tamponade in November of 2012. I didn't lose it within a year as he advised, but I did lose it. I was on track to do it the first year, but then hubby landed in the hospital for 21 days and I lost my will. I should have gotten back under control right away but it took me until this spring to do so. But, I did do it and I'm happy.
  #129   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 17:01

Congrats Ann, nice job.
  #130   ^
Old Thu, Oct-02-14, 17:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugujo
Congrats Ann, nice job.

Thanks, I know that technically, this is a scale victory but the fact that it has taken me so long puts it in the category of finally reaching a health goal.
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 02:37
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 215/210/165 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 10%

That is excellent Ann. Bet your Cardiologist is surprised just "how" you did it
  #132   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-14, 14:58

I haven't been back to him yet. I was cleared of the old problem that sent me to him (really, him to me, since he was on rounds at the hospital when I first saw him). He knew my diet. I told him and he didn't seem upset at all.
  #133   ^
Old Thu, Oct-09-14, 15:28

I meant to post this the other day. My mil and I often cook together in her kitchen and I noticed that lately, we bump booties when we are both between the island and the sink. haha! We're a close family but no one needs to be that close.
  #134   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-14, 16:37

I know I have seen where people can wrap their bath towel around them. I tried this morning, there is still a bit of a gap due to the hips, but getting there.
  #135   ^
Old Fri, Oct-10-14, 18:47

Plan: Keto
Stats: 227.7/211.8/160 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
This is SO ME! I actually went and got properly fitted for a bra on Monday... Down a cup size and a step down in band

Yea. I'm actually hating this. The band part is ok but I've gone from a D to a B. I've actually had people ask me if I've gotten a reduction. They were always so nice. Now their like flap jacks