Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 09:25
Registered Member

Plan: Hybrid Atkins SB
Stats: 204/204/162 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy Backslidden...but repentent

I was as good as gold for three months - July until the end of September - but then I started cheating. Can't remember why...I managed holidays, vacations and conferences while being good! Lots of visitors, I think. Anyway, the last three weeks I went completely back to the "old me" and now have gained back five pounds, feel bloated and have the beginnings of a yeast infection (an old problem that COMPLETELY disappeared after starting to LC!)

Today I'm back to what I know is the right way of life. Any suggestions from other "backsliders" out there? Should I cut way back to induction levels on carbs, go back down gradually or what?

I'd love some encouragement - I'm totally convinced intellectually LC is the right thing for me but those chocolate cravings can be so strong...!

Thanks!

pambam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 14:57
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Pambam! Your thread was moved over here to the 'confession booth'. Check out the 'sticky' thread at the top of the page: "After you cheat". A good read.

I wouldn't go back to induction levels unless you think that will help you psychologically. It can also help eliminate those chocolate cravings again.

Don't worry; we all fall off the wagon from time to time.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 01:43
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks, Kristine!

I kinda thought my post might end up here.

Thanks for the reply. I did go read that sticky and a bunch of the posts after it. Seems like most people posted after they cheated ONCE. Actually, during my three months of losing, I had many times when I went ahead and ate something breaded or something else "illegal." I was in charge of a one week conference at a 5 star hotel and two nights had a bit of chocolate mousse and one time some potatoes that looked good. I didn't consider those times cheating in the same way as I wasn't out of control. Generally, I approached every day as a 0 carb day and then if I had to eat something illegal because there was nothing else, I went ahead and did it. The highest days I called CAD days, rather than Atkins days. :-)

The last 3 weeks have been binging, out of control type of eating and that's the scary part. But yesterday I did OK and mentally feel tough again.

Just as an aside, Kristine, what does it take to stop being a "new member?" I've been on these boards for five months. Granted, because I usually find what I'm looking for from other peoples' posts, I don't post that much. Is member status related to the number of posts?

Thanks for all your help!

Pam
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 02:45

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 229/185/154 Female 168cm
BF:
Progress: 59%

Hi Pam how did you do today. I reckon that tough mental attitude you have right now is just whats needed to get you through those first few days and then its a breeze as you know

Quote:
Is member status related to the number of posts?

Thats right not sure how many you need to be a senior member though , not many as i remember . At a guess Id say come 50 posts you become Registered Member and come 100 a Senior Member but dont quote me on it .
how bout call in on some journals and get inspired and make some friends.
Even better why not start your own and I'll visit you
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 16:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Pambam! I have CAD days, too. You're right, it's different from all-out bingeing. Glad you're back on the wagon.

If you click on the little eggs or steak, a window will pop up telling you the different posting levels.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 23:54
Registered Member

BF:
Default Thanks!

Hi Bloom and Kristine,

Thanks for all the encouragement! I did really well on Monday and pretty good on Tuesday. My big battle is the late night munchies, which is what I'd really given in to the last three weeks. Also, LCing is a great cooking WOE but sometimes hard for those of us who are constantly on the run. In Turkey, pretty much anything "fast food" involves bread.

I hadn't thought much about journalling - especially on line - because the internet is so slow where I live. But I might try it, at least look at other peoples'.

Kristine, I know how the eggs and steaks relate to the number of posts but I didn't know what makes one a "new member" or a "senior member." I'm happy to still be considered a newbie. After thirty years of bad eating, I can hardly claim to be anything but after only four months of LCing!

Thanks again for all the encouragement - the internet is great - we're on three different continents!

Take care,

pam