Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 00:26

Plan: Atkins-Started 6 Jan 2003
Stats: 445/445/225 Male 6 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default First Bath in Years

Hi folks,

Don't worry, I,m not some kind of smelly Scotsman. I have never been able to take a proper bath for years now. It was always so uncombfortable because I WAS so big. A shower was so much easier than a bath. I would feel myself getting wedged in and my movement restricted. Not any more. Thanks to LC so many more avenues have opened up in my life. Things some may take for granted, like having a bath. I am so looking forward to my weigh in next Tuesday. I know everything is going just fine. This has got to be the easiest and most satisfying weight plan I have ever followed.

Regards

Kenny
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 02:35

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 415/338.8/170 Female 177cm
BF:unknown
Progress: 31%

Hi Kenny

Don't worry we know it the Poms that only bathe once a year not the Scots (ducking from any poms that might be around )

Thats a wonderful achievement! as you can see from my stats I know what its like to feel uncomfy in a bathtub I to am really looking forward to lying back and floating in the tub (as opposed to wedged firmly into both sides )

Congrats on your accomplishment .... its the little triumphs that keep us on track for the bigger goals!!!!

Fiona
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 03:59

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Default Fitting in the Bath

Hi Kenny

Please wait whilst a throw the wet bath sponge at Fiona. I'll give her smelly poms!!! Mind you when I was 14 and again at 17 I did not have a bath for a year as I was covered in plaster or in a brace whilst I recovered from an operation on my spine.

Anyway Kenny, back to you. I am sure that it must be great to be able to sit in a bath again. I know I found it more difficult to get in my old bath and I won't try them when I'm in hotels. My problem is trying to work out how to get out of them as I can not raise myself up from a sitting position, I always turn on my front to get out. This also has something to do with my back I think.

So when I had my bathroom refitted 7 years ago I had a double bath fitted. This is great as not only is it plenty wide enough, being little I can sit across the bath and sit and read in comfort. Still turn over to get out though.

So Kenny, luxuriate and enjoy your bath time. It is great being able to see those small changes as we lose weight. My most recent one was to be able to do my shoe laces up with my feet still on the floor.

Keep at it and I look forward to hearing about your weigh in tomorrow.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 04:49

Plan: CAD from day 1
Stats: 327/304/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 14%
Cool Hey, great idea!

Hmm.. I haven't tried a bath yet since starting this woe, but it might be time. Especially when I have a bad cold, it might be just the ticket.

Thanks for the idea, Kenny, and I am so happy to see you are doing well. I am also looking forward to your next weigh-in.

Tracy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/219/145
BF:
Progress: 26%

This post reminded me of something I saw on a joke site last night...

You know you're getting fat when you sit in the bathtub and the water level goes up in the toilet!

Frankly, I'm too busy trying to figure out how to get out of the tub to look all the way across the room. When we built this house, we had big strong grab bars put into the tub and the shower; that helps a lot. Now I just have to figure out how to keep the dog AND the cat from trying to jump in with me!

Keep on keeping on...you're doing GREAT!
Sue
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:35

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi! That is so neat!! It is so great to start finding things that are going to be so different as our weight goes down. I am very happy for you - that is sure a good way of knowing that your weight is dropping and your body is changing! Congratulations!

Cindi
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 08:49

Plan: My Own
Stats: 248.5/228.4/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:

Hey Kenny way to go!!!

I have most always taken a shower, I will have to try a bubblebath tonight and see how the tb fits!!

I agree this is the easier way to go for weight loss and good health. My doc agrees and is keeping track of my blood work; which by the way is great.

have a good day one and all,

Windy
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 10:08
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 255/241/225
BF:40%/31%/26%
Progress: 47%

Way cool, Kenny!

I haven't taken a bubblebath in months because I hate feeling like I'm all smushed against the sides. I'm looking forward to the days when I can sit in the tub and not touch the sides!

Great going!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 17:05
Cat Sofa

Plan: PP/Atkins
Stats: 1/1/51 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Congratulations Kenny

And isn't it great to have a place like this where everyone understands what it's like?

--Ruth
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 18:20

Stats: 318/243.4/160 Female 5' 8.5"
BF:60%/41.85%/23%
Progress: 47%

Great Job Kenny!!

I've had that same problem. I haven't checked lately but last time I took a bath there was more me in the tub than water. Not exactly a great feeling. So... This is also one of my goals to fit nicely into a regular size bath tub.

I'm looking forward to this happening to me

Julie Huck
310/269.5/160
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 19:18

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 325/287/150
BF:
Progress: 22%
Thumbs up Terrific!!

Great news! Can't wait to hear the results of your next weigh-in!
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 01:16

Stats: 269/245/150 Female 5ft 10in
BF:
Cool

Cheers to you! Now go find some manly bubble-bath, soap crayons and a rubber duckie, jump in the bath and splash around and feel like the kid that's still inside you Kenny!
Good for you!
Elaine
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 04:43
Fitday PC's #1 Fan

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 310/151.0/152.5 Female 5'9
BF:
Progress: 101%

Wow Kenny!

Glad to hear you are enjoying a good soak. Sounds like someone deserves to stock up on bubble bath!

Lynda
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Mar-04-03, 11:50

Stats: 274/190/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

glad about the bath. . .I can't live without baths. . .I shower if I HAVE TOO but for me it's baths all the way. . .but it will be nice to not be a damn for all the water behind me when I sit up while the tub drains. I can picture me screaming for the family. .. "Look, look. . .the tub is draining!". . .'that's nice mom'. . .redawn
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 18:00
Registered Member

Plan: Insulin Resistant diet
Stats: 320/240/138
BF:44%/33%/19%
Progress: 44%

congrats

I am the same way bathtubs were too squishy for me also. I havent tried them since I have been losing weight. I think I'll try it out this weekend with the bath salts and the candles, maybe one of these days I'll have enough room for me and dh together