Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-05-09, 06:20

Plan: Self
Stats: 229/215.5/175 Female 5ft7in
BF:
Progress: 25%
Default Columbus, Ohio

Hi, I live in Columbus, Ohio and could use some local support. HOw about you? If your in the area and would like someone to talk to or figure stuff out with let me know. Elaine
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, May-06-09, 00:51

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%

Hey there...I'd like to join you! I've been on low carb before and lost well, but can't seem to lose anything on higher fat anymore! I went lower fat and had better weight loss last week...or at least a pound lol...

TJ
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-06-09, 04:29

Plan: Atkins/HcG
Stats: 211/168/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Elaine!
I live just outside Columbus in Obetz. I could use all the support I can get!!!
Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-06-09, 05:49

BF:

Hi Guys, well two is better than none by quite a lot. How can I be helpful? Elaine
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-09-09, 15:56

Plan: Moderate Carb...
Stats: 235/195/140 Female 5'3
BF:HELP!!!
Progress: 42%
Lightbulb

Hey Everyone,

Just dropping in to say hello. Two things that have been helping me this week is Cod Liver Oil, I take it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning and wait one hour to eat. Then I take it again in the evening after my dinner and wait another hour if I want to eat anything.....

Also, flax seed has helped me to feel fuller longer and have no cravings! I take it between meals.... I purchase the seeds and crush them myself because when I purchased the already crushed variety my blood pressure shot up and my feet started to swell! I went back to my previous brand and crushed them and had no problems. I'm thinking that the Now brand has fillers of some sort that are not mentioned on the label. I purchase my seeds from Tropical Traditions!

With flax my acne is clearing up, my moods are more stable, I full all day, and there are no cravings...

I lost 3 pounds this week and one pound last week! In the past, it has taken me a month to lose one pound. I hope this continues because I have been frustrated except for the lost I had a few months back when I had the flu!

Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!

TJ
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-12, 10:48

Plan: atkins
Stats: 244/233/130 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebp
Hi, I live in Columbus, Ohio and could use some local support. HOw about you? If your in the area and would like someone to talk to or figure stuff out with let me know. Elaine

Hi I am new to the LC lifestyle and could use some help. I live in columbus ohio and looking for guidance...any sggestions. I am trying the atkins diet -Tracy
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-12, 10:26

BF:

Hi Tracy, It has been a long time since I was on the board. Hope all is going well with Atkins. I need to get back on program. What are you finding difficult about WOE on Atkins? I guess a better question is How can I help? ELaine
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-13-12, 12:19

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebp
Hi Tracy, It has been a long time since I was on the board. Hope all is going well with Atkins. I need to get back on program. What are you finding difficult about WOE on Atkins? I guess a better question is How can I help? ELaine

Hi Elaine,
Thank you for responding
I have been struggling with weight and diabetes. My blood sugar is always over 300. Until I started the atkins diet almost 3 weeks ago. now it is 120 or less yea! I feel better than I have in years. but not losing the weight in the induction phase. Possibly because my sugar levels were so high? Not really sure why or what to do next. Should I continue the induction phase until the weight is loss? or keep moving through the phases. I have been in induction phase for 3 weeks now. My carbs are less 20 and I am trying to follow all the rules to my knowledge
-Tracy
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-12, 05:20

BF:

Tracy, Its great your numbers are going down. Just keep on keeping on. If you are having good results on induction and can stand it for another week, why not? I don't use Atkins so I can't give advice based on personal knowledge. I'm out of town this week-end have a great weekend Elaine
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-12, 05:23

BF:

Also have you read the Atkins book. maybe the answer to your question is in that. Elaine
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-14-12, 07:30

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebp
Also have you read the Atkins book. maybe the answer to your question is in that. Elaine

Good Morning
Yes I have the book. Can't find a good answer there, I thought if I could find someone who actually has struggled through this they could share what worked and more importantly what didnt. Well.. I hope maybe you can share some of your ideas and what has worked for you. What LC plan are you doing and your results. I really have been trying to find a local support group as I try to find my way to better health. Anyhooo, have a great weekend and I hope to talk to you sometime next week.
Tracy