Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 06:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/214.2/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 55%
Default just started to exercise again and...

Wanted to get some feed back on planned workout schedule....

Monday= 20-30 minutes aerobic

Tuesday= weight training

Wednesday= 20-30 minutes aerobic

Thursday= weight training

Friday= 20-30 minutes aerobic

I would like to add Saturdays in eventually, and it would be weight training. Does this look good? And I have some additional question...

1) We have a really good bench that I can do anything on, my big problem areas are hips, thighs, butt and the under arm hang (lovely ). What do you suggest I start with? Or do I do everything my machine will do

2) I used to workout it being all cardio, (step aerobics/dance aerobics) 1-1.5 hours a day...than I got lazy and fell completely off the wagon, I still have great stamina but of course some flab has returned . I love my aerobics...but I hear that weights are more important, if I decide to increase my aerobics after a couple weeks, will this harm me?? Or do I need to balance it out again and add more weights?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 07:09

Plan: Generic LC with tweaks
Stats: 204/178/165 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Movement is not harmful

I'm reacting to one particular phrase in your post, "will this harm me?" No, at the level you're proposing and then working up from, exercise is not going to harm you, provided you know your cardio risk profile etc.

There's all sorts of science and study about % of time on cardio, and weights, and this and that, and IMO, most people just need to do something and then when they get that down comfortably, they need to do yet more of it. The finer points are meaningless until you're heading for cover model status, or serious competition.

But that's just one opinion.

YMMV.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 07:37
weighing in....

Plan: BFL
Stats: 245/225/200 Female 5' 10"
BF:Why, yes, yes I do
Progress: 44%

I think it sounds like a good program.

I agree that any movement is better than none... but I will say that the change in my body shape has been amazing since I started weight training. My body looks better and feels better since I added in weight training in addtion to cardio.

Enjoy....
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-06, 21:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/214.2/170 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 55%

Thanks for the advice, and yes, "harm me" probably was a poor choice of words.... thanks for your posts