Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 08:24
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!
Progress: 0%

More snow here, I am sure I will need a plow on my school bus to get through some of the rural roads. Would be a great way for the school to make some money. The state could pay us for cleaning roads as we are usuallly the first one down them! Got that off my chest!

Food is good, will make it to gym tonight, scale is moving and I got to sleep in 2 extra hours as school was 2 hour late start!

I saw somewhere, where someone gave someone a fudge recipe. How about sharing here!!!!! We have a Christmas party to go to Saturday night so trying to think of something to make that I can eat! I am determined to get to 180 or as close as possible by Jan 1!

Weekend is almost here, how about an exercise challenge? I could use it for sure! Let me know what you think!
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 10:19

Plan: LC/hypoglycemic friendly
Stats: 204/207/140 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:?
Progress: -5%

Exercise challenge???!!! Oh I'd love to join you. However I have to work all day Saturday and go to school all day Sunday. Would it count if I aspired to hang my new heavy bag (which will require finishing some xmas present sewing to move the sewing machine table out of my workout area)?

Got in some exercise in the form of walking yesterday-- not what I had in mind when I comitted publicly to 10 minutes, but it counts I guess.

Food is going well. Groceries came into the house, but some I wouldn't have bought as to not have them around, but I will keep my eye on the goal and keep the thoughts of "just one", that turns in to "just the whole box", out of my mind and move on.

I'm sorry I haven't posted pictures yet, I just don't have a camera to do it with and by the time I have my disposable camera developed I think this challenge will be over! The cell phone photos didn't work.

Ya know everyone tells me how great I look-- and yes I look so much better than I did 2 years ago when I embarked on this new lifestyle-- but I see things I want to change. If I can go into summer without being afraid to put on my swim suit in public I will feel I accomplish it all... all the way to the finish. That is what I'm trying to keep my sights on.

I'd like the fudge recipe too. PLEASE!?

Anyone make "spritz" cookies? The little buttery/almond flavored cookies you press onto the sheet in tree, star and wreath shapes? I LOVE THOSE! Trying to find a LC version or figure how to make them LC. Any ideas?

Have a great day all!
  #318   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 10:35

Plan: THM
Stats: 182/154/130 Female 5'3"
BF:00/00/00
Progress: 54%

Michelle had posted this in Sue's journal, so I just snuck (is that a word?) in there and........voila!

LOW-CARB CHOCOLATE FUDGE
Here's a chocolate fudge recipe from our message boards that any low-carb
dieter can enjoy!

Serving: 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 65 minutes

2 tbsp. butter
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 tbsp. Splenda

1. In a small saucepan, over low heat, melt butter.
2. Add heavy cream and cream cheese, and whisk until smooth.
3. Add Splenda and adjust for taste.
4. Heat until bubbling, stirring constantly.
5. Reduce heat and stir in cocoa and vanilla. Blend well.
6. Pour into a small buttered dish. Place in the refrigerator to set for
three to four hours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Donna - Care to send some of that snow my way? Seriously - it's gotta WARM UP to snow, ya know! I'm tired of the single digits around here of late! Besides, I haven't had a chance yet to check out the 4-WD on my Jeep yet!

Dawn - By "hanging my heavy bag", am I assuming right that this would be a hanging boxing/kickboxing type bag? If it is, how cool!!! I've always wanted one.......maybe someday.....if we EVER get that storage room in our basement cleared and remodeled for a workout area! *sigh* And, yes - the walking DOES count (as long as you walked for at LEAST 10 minutes - )

Oh, and I'll see what I can find as far as LC spritz cookies go......hey, if they can come up with a LC recipe for cut-out cookies, there's just GOT to be one somewhere for spritz cookies!
  #319   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 12:16

mmmmm.... where is a recipe for LC cutout cookies?????!!!!!!!!!!! Ikes... I am soooo bad about xmas cookies. The holidays are just not the same without plates of baked goods... reminds me of my grandma. A platter of meat and cheese just doesn't have the feel good thing going on!

Thanks for the fudge recipe. I'm picking up the ingredients tonight!!

Yes Ellen it's exactly that. I have one on a stand and you fill the base with sand or water... but it moves accross the floor and I have too small a space and have to reposition it after every couple of kicks. This one hangs and is 70#. Bought it as a present to myself the day after Thanksgiving... was an early bird special. I'm very excited about it, but due to it's weight I want to get the hardware up right and will need a bit of help hooking it on there. It's kind of awkward. Going to sell the portable one.

YUM-- you all have me in the cookie mood! But I promise non until I make/buy LC ones!!!
  #320   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 12:20

I changed my 3rd. goal. It was geared to Thanksgiving and I wanted it to reflect what it will take to obtain my goal by the end of this challenge. My personal goal is evolving... I'm happy to say I feel I've made some progress.
  #321   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 12:20

Quote:
where is a recipe for LC cutout cookies?????!!!!!!!!!!!

Back on page 17, second post down.....
  #322   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 13:03

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Hey gals and Dennis
I just wanted to swing by to say I finally posted before and during pics in my gallery. I was somewhat suprised to see how different I look once I put them side by side. They are only face shots for now because that's as far as I can take while holding up my cell phone. But I'll post body shots eventually, once I have a digital camera.
  #323   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 13:28

I checked out your pics, Pink! You can REALLY see the difference!

~~~~~~~~~~

Reporting back on my exercise for today.....

Abs = DONE!
Mini LBWO = DONE!
35 min on treadmill = DONE!

#324   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 14:36

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:

YAY, the whoosh fairy came!!!! back down to 132.....YAY for Ellen too.....GOOD JOB MY BUUUDDDYYY

K

Member of:!

100 Day Cheat Free= 40 days to go
30 Gone by New Years -18 (halfway there, YAY!!)
30 Gone by February -10
30 days Cheat Free= COMPLETED Twice(and giving it another go!!) 30 days to go
Kick Ellens Booty- -6 down 4 more to go
Who can lose the most by New Years-5 (2 week Induct Period -11 days (Almost There!!)
Valentine's Day Goals= Be at GOAL (7 pounds to go!!)
Be at Goal(and maintaining successfully) on April 1st Challenge
Judy's Weekly Weigh in!
29 pounds lost
  #325   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 17:08
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

Meplus- Isn't the whoosh fairy great?

Pink- I posted in your gallery, but I'll say it again here; Way to go!

Quote:
My personal goal is evolving

Mine, too, Redefine! We can both evolve together. Hehe. I've noticed that I am asking way too much of myself lately. I need to slow down and accept that my body can't always keep up with my mind.

Quote:
My abs feel much better today, so looks like I'll be "working them" later

Ellen, I bet your abs look sexy. Do you have your routine posted somewhere? I feel the need to start working on mine. I bought one of the those pilate balls a month ago, but I'm not sure what to do with it... lol.
  #326   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 17:11
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

In other news, I have come to the realization that I have accomplished nothing in the past three months. In fact, I have regressed. I have gained weight, and my binging is out of control.

I also realize that it is almost the new year, and that my birthday, though six months away, is growing ever the closer. I want to be at goal for May. It is the ultimate goal I have set for myself in the past year. I need to get back on track and STICK with it. I've gotten the whole "going to the gym 5 times a week" down. Now if I can only control my eating tendencies.
  #327   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 17:18

Plan: General
Stats: 170.6/170.6/130 Female 5'5
BF:

YES...I love the whoosh fairy...cept for when she leaves and doesnt come back for days or weeks....lol

As far as your out of control eating, you can get this back under control girl....BTW, havent seen you in the new eyars challenge since it started get your butt back over there!!!
K

Member of:!

100 Day Cheat Free= 40 days to go
30 Gone by New Years -18 (halfway there, YAY!!)
30 Gone by February -10
30 days Cheat Free= COMPLETED TWICE (and giving it another go!!) 30 days left
Kick Ellens Booty- -6 down 4 more to go
Who can lose the most by New Years-5 (2 week Induct Period -11 days (Almost There!!)
Valentine's Day Goals= Be at GOAL (7 pounds to go!!)
Be at Goal(and maintaining successfully) on April 1st Challenge
Judy's Weekly Weigh in!
29 pounds lost
  #328   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 17:46

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 263/241/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:Above Avg.
Progress: 28%

Ladies,

Active community here today. I've now made it 3 days straight eating right and avoiding the temptation to eat crap, even with the holiday treats pouring in. I was invited up this morning for donuts, and I was tempted a little. Luckily I got a call and avoid yet another disaster.

I didn't get my exercise in last night, but I'm planning on getting it done tonight, it's already got to the point where I'm looking forward to it, versus avoiding it. I think it's because I haven't put undue pressure on myself to overdue it. I'm feeling pretty good about the whole thing.

I'm glad I'm not the only one redefining as I go along (You should tradmark that Dawn). I've started out with baby steps and I find it more encouraging every day to take it one step further. I didn't jump head first into induction, but just starting out in kind of a maintenance routine. I don't know if its the right approach, but it's working for now, so I'm going to stick to it.

Well, gotta boogy, and get a report done so I can get out of here. Hope everyone has a great night. If it's any consolation It's single digits in SLC as well. To damn cold for me.
  #329   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 06:33
Stay in the ZONE!!

Plan: atkins/mine
Stats: 253.5/253.5/200 Female 5'2"
BF:Losing It!

Wow we are so busy chatting here we always seem to have to look for the da list! Have a great weekend everyone. I did get to gym yesterday and as you can see by da list, I did bad last week (didn't even post that till this a.m.) and back on track! Take care Peeps!

Akasha: 138/155/153
Daisy-Duke:143/141.5
golflady59: 190/188.5/187.5/186/190/186.5
Lonewolf: 122.7/123.4/121.7/121.4
Meplus1: 142/141/140/135
redefine: 138/132
rodmick: 160/157/155 /153.5/153
pinkclouds: 214/213
PurpleJane: 190
  #330   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 07:00
Water-Ski Chic :-)

Plan: Healthy LC :-)
Stats: 149/132.5/141 Female 65
BF:20/14.5/15
Progress: 206%
Talking

Mornin' Peeps... Wow so many visits.... I miss a day and come back to a full house... I just love it

Heading out to the gym for that exersice challenge Donna... You had to know I would be up for that... 6 wo's in the next 3 days would be the ultimate goal for me! How 'bout ya'll

Kim