Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-15, 08:51

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%
Default The Paleo Way

Just listened to Jimmy Moore's recent podcast with Chef Pete Evans. Besides his new book, multiple TV shows, and tours around the US, he is offering a 10 week Paleo introduction Course on-line. A$100 for 10 weeks. (About US$80 now) He explains what you get on the website for it: https://www.thepaleoway.com

And after about 16 minutes into the podcast, he and Jimmy talk about details. Nora Gedgaudus does all the science parts of it. Many recipes. And fitness too.

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/...fat-paleo/24251
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-15, 14:38

Plan: Fung-inspired fasting
Stats: 336/000/160 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 191%

That sure is expensive. I suppose if you didn't know anything about cooking or paleo diets it might be worthwhile.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-15, 06:53

Found a five minute preview of Pete Evans new video...the one he was working on during his trip around the US. Many of our Paleo favorites here...

https://www.facebook.com/paleochefp...19964361430284/
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-03-15, 04:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Hmmm. He deserves to make money, for all he has done for people. But just about anything you want to know about paleo is able to be googled, and there are books galore, as well.

That said, there are any number of people who want their hands held, bless them, and if this is what's needed to get them eating healthier, then, good for Jimmy for offering this.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-27-18, 18:40

Netflix now has The Paleo Way collected into Seasons and Episodes. Maybe they always did? But starting with these interviews from three years ago, he has a mostly recipe/cooking show with same name on Netflix, health benefits of Paleo added between/while cooking.

And many of the extended interviews also on YouTube.
https://m.youtube.com/results?searc...+way+pete+evans
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-18, 01:12

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Netflix now has The Paleo Way collected into Seasons and Episodes. Maybe they always did? But starting with these interviews from three years ago, he has a mostly recipe/cooking show with same name on Netflix, health benefits of Paleo added between/while cooking.

And many of the extended interviews also on YouTube.
https://m.youtube.com/results?searc...+way+pete+evans

That's really good to hear Janet, I'll check it out because they've had so little of interest these days that I almost cancelled it recently.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-18, 04:02

DD is home for a bit and is hooked, as many in the US are, on The Great British Baking Show. I refused to watch so she countered with The Paleo Way, and the first two episodes in season two were produced well, good explanations of why natural saturated animal fats and mono plant fats are needed. "Food is Medicine" episode had maybe too much offal for some, might be a turn-off, should have saved the stock with a pigs head and blood sausage to a later show. Had the GAPS McBride from UK, Terry Wahls, Danielle Walker, Mark Sisson, etc.

Later checked Pete's FB page, he is still being criticized in public about well, everything, latest looking at a sunset. Appears these two seasons were added to Netflix across all their platforms in US early in December, folks are just now finding it, however people do through social media.

On Christmas Eve Pete also announced a new Podcast with Mark Sisson, Recipes for Life. Check out his pile of books...our library has the Fat for Fuel cookbook with Dr Mercola and those are on the whole, easier and fit US tastes.
https://m.facebook.com/paleochefpeteevans

Last edited by JEY100 : Sat, Dec-29-18 at 04:01.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 21:43

Plan: Primal/IF
Stats: 220/165/176 Female 5'10"
BF:~40%/26.3%/29%
Progress: 125%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
DD is home for a bit and is hooked, as many in the US are, on The Great British Baking Show. I refused to watch so she countered with The Paleo Way, and the first two episodes in season two were produced well, good explanations of why natural saturated animal fats and mono plant fats are needed. "Food is Medicine" episode had maybe too much offal for some, might be a turn-off, should have saved the stock with a pigs head and blood sausage to a later show. Had the GAPS McBride from UK, Terry Wahls, Danielle Walker, Mark Sisson, etc.

Hey Janet - I watched this when it came out on Netflix. I thought it was one of the best docos on food I have seen. I hope he does more in the future.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-19, 22:27

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessAus
Hey Janet - I watched this when it came out on Netflix. I thought it was one of the best docos on food I have seen. I hope he does more in the future.

Did you watch the The Paleo Way or Food is Medicine?
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-19, 05:08

I think I watched Episode 1 and 2 of Season 2 of the series "the Paleo Way". Episode 1 was titled Food is Medicine. It's confusing and I think some of this mostly cooking show is repackaged from The Magic Pill? Which reminds me, there is more to Season 2 I haven’t seen.
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-19, 21:43

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Found The Paleo Way on Netflix. Watched ALL episodes. Loved every bit of it. As we process our own birds, and fish, using everything but the squeal is not a new concept.

As a teen visiting my mother's friend, it was not unusual to see a whole fish simmering on the stove. She was a very well educated woman, a PhD, as was her first husband, and dtr of Nobel winner. She ate good foods, and cross country ski'd or walked everyday. Very unAmerican.

More liver on the menu these days. Kids like it with bacon and onion.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-10-19, 22:17

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

This is from 2015. Yup, we often eat dinner leftovers for breakfast. Love his enthusiasm.

https://youtu.be/rn7n_YcGIDI