Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 08:30

Plan: None in specific
Stats: 134/134/?
BF:
Progress:
Red face I WANT ABS!!

Hello! I am 21 yrs old trying to cut out carbs so I can reach my dream of having a 6-pack.
I have worked out steadily since March with no success. I weight about 133-134 and my measures are 34-28-35 something like that. Even though I am skinny I still gain weight in my stomach and have a layer of fat that covers some abs that have been worked for years. What can I do?? I just started this lowcarb thing because I read this isthe only way. How long do you estimate it will take? And after I have acheived it, what will Ihave to do to maintain it?

One more ?, Will I never be able to drink a coke again??
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-01, 17:03

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default hey ...

sounds to me like it shouldn't take you too long at all ...

The low-carb lifestyle takes alot of dedication, and you will get all of your family and probably most of your friends telling you how bad it is for you ... but they are wrong.

As for drinking Coke again, well, there is a low-carb plan called a CKD (a.k.a BodyOpus or Anabolic Diet) ... Check the post in the CKD forum called "CKD101" and see if it is for you,

You low-carb all week, then carb-up on weekends. So, you can drink your Coke then ...

It was designed for boidybuilders, but I know athletes and fitness enthusiasts that have used it with great success. Fern is one of them ... Check out her story in the Success Stories section ...

I suggest the CKD since it sounds like you workout a lot, and the weekend carb ups allow you to keep up your workout intensity.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 00:13

Plan: None in specific
Stats: 134/134/?
BF:
Progress:
Cool Thank God !!!

Thanks so much for your reply!! I will definitely read up on it. I have had alot of people telling me already how bad it is for me. I need to do a little more studying so I can debate it with the facts.

As for the coke.....I am oh to happy to here there may be a way for me to have a coke a week or something!!! This is definitely great news..