Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2416   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 18:59

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Water Hounds

Wednesday: Jaz 3/5, KMom 6/5
Thursday: Jaz _/5, Blue 5/3+, KMom 6/5
Sponsored Links
  #2417   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 19:13

BF:
Progress:

Blue: New York!?!?!? You have your sites set on New York! I never doubted you for a minute. You are THAT good. Saw your sentence...."Need to have it in my pocket for when I go after new york." But then reading it again...I see it said, "new work"!

Good job going through stuff. It is such a good feeling. Yep, Trig is the queen in this area. I am doing better, but am having trouble getting rid of the plethora of cool toys I got for grandkids. Most of the grandkids are too old for what i have.

Eating more fat sounds like a good plan. I THINK I eat quite a bit. But then I will have a steak and broccoli and where is the fat??? I try to remember to put butter on the broccoli. Keep reporting how you are getting in the fat, please. That will help me.

Nic: Sigh. He's off and his wings are strong. And momma did pretty good.

Trig: Cleanser, toner, repair and extra moisturizer. Hmmm, I don't use all of those. Plus I have never hear of that spinning brush. I will check it out next time I go to Sephora. Your kiddo seems to know even at this age what she wants in life...what is important to her and what is not.

Jaz: Good job being at your new low again. New low again...not sure if that made sense! I am sure your co-workers are very thankful that you are teaching them and supporting them!

Lori: Lots of fun things to dream about for your two upcoming trips. I liked what you said about getting some weight off so you had some wiggle room to eat off plan once in a while. I really would like to do that. If I could get down to where I want to be...and then go to Hawaii...and enjoy some of that amazing local food once in a while!

Walked today again. I am trying to work up to a mile. My legs are a good kind of achy! I am still doing the shakes a few times a week. Had one for supper tonight. They are Lean from GNC. Very tasty. Three carbs. Tons of nutrients. And they give me a full feeling.

On my way to 10x5! Yeah, baby!

K-Mom 10x3
  #2418   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 03:32

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I had a good day on the golf course yesterday. Weather was fabulous and I actually played fairly well. Back to it Saturday and Sunday.

Blue...doesn't it feel great to have a major clean out? I have a couple more closets that I need to get to. I really have all the clothes that I need and then some, but I'm being tempted to sign up for "Stitch Fix". It would be fun to get a box in the mail with pretty clothes to try and then you can buy them, or not. My daughter in law does it and she says its fun. You can get a "fix" whenever you want it. I think she told me that her Mother gets one seasonally. She'll soon be getting her Fall box. I'm trying to resist, but I really am tempted.

The alarm woke me this morning and I was in a fog. Decided to blow off boot camp as I'm feeling a bit beat up. I may go later if the spirit moves me. Seems unlikely.

DH is teaching again this afternoon. This will probably be it for this round. It will be a nice little injection of $$ into our bank account. Much needed right now. All these vacations are expensive!

Jaz...congrats on getting that gain off. I knew it would come off quickly.

Trig...how fun to introduce your daughter to the world of skincare and makeup. She will thank you when she's in her 40's and her skin looks great because she learned to tone and moisturize at a young age.

Nic..I loved the pictures that you shared. What exciting times for your family.

KMom...good for you for starting to do more walking. We all need to do that. I need to do more, especially when golf season ends and I won't be putting the miles in there.

Ok....I have got to get awake. Maybe another cup of coffee will do the trick.

Have great days!
  #2419   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 07:07

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

BLUE- I LOVE PITCHING stuff. Or at least giving it to the Goodwill/ or someone I know. It really does lift your spirits. It will tell you- when I was married and lived in a tri-level pack to the gills with stuff I thought was ever so important, it wasn't.

It took a life change, for me to give up STUFF. Like Trig- I now am a just what I need gal and that is it. Bed, car, roof, dog- even the bed is optional. When I left I didn't even have a bed. Bough a blow up one until I could afford a "real" one. And ya know what I was GRATEFUL for a bed. There really is something when you experience a loss. In my case it was the house and everything in it. I literally left my clothes and a few pictures. I had to start over.

But a very wise woman told me to look at it different. rather than grieve for my loss. To look at it as an opportunity to become anything I want to be! To re-invent myself.
that is exactly what I did. I actually have gone through SEVERAL transformations to get to where I am right now. And it HAS been bumpy alone the way.
But in spite of it all, yes I am not the same person, and needed to find a new normal. But I have no doubt you will too!
I am excited that you are moving forward in creating your videos! Plus you have your eye on potential! You got this my friend!

Leeann- I know you are happy for your DS18. I can hear it in your post! And like Blue- you too are going through transitions and finding your new normal! And like her- you will adjust beautifully. You have a DD- about to get married and so life goes on!

I will be interested to see where you land in your WOE as you adjust back into a routine.

Lori- Did I miss a post about a trip? Again? Dam gal- I want your life!!!-
Awesome you had a great golf game. I bet you are rocking those 20 somethings- they get tired and you just keep kicking butt!

KMOM- I hear you in my ear everyday- MORE water. I am so glad you are too. I have been falling short in that area. But I am off today and will pick up some GOOD water! I hate tap! Do you drink tap water?

TRIG- Kiddo found nothing huh? She sounds like her momma. Will work with what she's got!
So glad your MIL doing well enough to come home. What is the plan for her going forward? Any help in her home?
---------------------------------------------
All- Back to my low hovering!
I am hearing you BLUE about fat. It does cure the want for cravings.
I bought some Avacado oil. It's a new thing- I am not big on avocados to just eat. But I do like the oil and feel like it's a healthy thing to add.

So I have a few days of VACAY- and doing a staycation with a friend that rolled in from Ohio. We were going to go to Savannah. But as it turns out, we will stay here and explore Atlanta, and maybe some day trips. My friend is ZERO carbs, and does Intermitted Fasting as well, thin and fit! So eating will not be an issue. If anything it will keep me in check!

Not sure what the plans are for today- but I sure I can find something to get into!

I picked several pounds of crab legs and butter for tonight. Salad if wanted - but will most likely take a pass and just eat crab.
Lots of walking today for sure!

Gotta go make some more coffee.
Have a great day everyone
  #2420   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 08:10

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Blue- I feel pretty certain that I will be a wreck when I drop off the last one. I would imagine it is very different taking an only/last child. The end of an era. I still have one very tall distraction wandering around my house eating things.
WOW Blue! You go girl, with that big clean out!! I am so impressed! And blown away, also, by the sheer volume of storage you have. That is impressive! I would love that kind of storage but would likely use it for kitchen stuff. My DH would use it for books and magic tricks. What would each of you use it for? What is your weakness?
So *if* the moving were to happen in the spring, will you stay in the same area/ state? What would downsizing look like to you? Are you able to see some advantages to it at this stage?

KMom- Great job on walking! You are doing so well and you are CapD-ing all over the place! Hopefully it is catching and I can get infected.
BTW, I really hate to feel like I am leaving someone out intentionally, so can I confirm that you are not sharing your email address? This is NOT to call you out but the opposite- to make sure that I am not excluding you when I send an email and refer to it here. I would never want to make you feel excluded but totally respect if you are choosing to keep your privacy and not share an email.

Lori- Re: StitchFix- I think it depends on how much you like to spend on clothes, how much you would like it. I am a frugal girl in that area and so while I did enjoy it, I didn't tend to keep things bc I wouldn't ordinarily spend 40 bucks on a shirt or 50 bucks on a pair of jeans. Many people would and do though, so it is all relative.
Glad your DH enjoyed his teaching time!

Jaz- well done on being back to your low and quickly too. It was clearly mostly water you were retaining and no harm done, which is really great. Very glad for you!

Staycationing in ATL will be the bomb- SO much to do there! And doing it with someone who is ZC will make it that much easier.

Any weight update on Ava?

•••••••

Life is good here today. I feel like a weight has been lifted with DS18 settled and moved in to his new school. I tell you, Ladies, that limbo feeling gets me every single time. Throw just about any change at me that I can actively work toward and I can manage it, but have me just floating about waiting and I cave. I wonder if this has been part of my struggle with maintenance? Hmm, interesting thought.

I feel more ready to start focusing on my WOE now. And focus I must, as there is work to do. I am not in maintenance at this juncture but more on weight loss. Will be trying to get back into a rhythm and once DS15 starts school and there is a shape to the days it should become more routine again.

Hoping that using a filter will help the French Press dilemma. Loving the coffee but the acid was an issue. I was also told about a low acid coffee from someone on the other board and will be possibly trying that as well.

Hugs to all!
  #2421   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 08:56

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco so get ya on that limbo feeling. it puts one in a very weird place and glad you are out of that one!!

HI GUYS
just doing as usual
busy day cause I have been avoiding it all and now it all seems to need doing....PIA if ya ask me.
nothing new to report
just being
great day all
  #2422   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 12:34

BF:

Hey Trig,

just being ain't a bad place to be at all! the alternative could be far worse as you know!
Glad MIL is doing well.
Also, no offense taken at all nor would it be in your WOE or explanation of such. You are supportive of all, full stop, and we love ya!
  #2423   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 04:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Cool Nicco, thanks!!
  #2424   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 05:24

BF:

Good Morning!

Up insanely early for a Saturday. My regular 4:30. What can you expect when you go to bed at 9!!

Heading to the golf course around 9 this morning. Looking forward to a nice walk chasing that little ball around. My friends have sort of been sniping at each other the last couple times I was around them. I hope they have sorted out their problems so we can have a nice day. Women!

The scale is back down to within a pound of my low. Not sure I'll make it to get the 5 lbs off before cruise time. Whatever. I still have a couple weeks. I'm going to my sister's for a few days before cruise time, so that will be a bust for trying to lose weight. I won't go completely off the rails, but there is always extra food and drink when we're together. Right now she is having to chauffeur her daughter around because she has a severe ankle sprain and is in a boot. Between picking up the granddaughter at school, taking her daughter to work and to and from meetings, my sister doesn't know which way to turn. While I'm there, she will have to be running here and there, but I'll stay at her apartment and chill out.

Well, I think I'll have some breakfast before heading to the golf course. Sometimes I don't eat and just wait till 10 or so to have a snack, but I'm hungry this morning. I think an omelet will hit the spot!

Have a nice Saturday everyone!
  #2425   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 08:18

BF:
Progress:

Good morning!

Lots of rain here, but nothing compared to Texas. They sure are getting hit.

Nic: I am not sharing email at this time. Not sure if that will change. Blue has mine, so I feel I can connect with her if is something I don' want to share on this forum. But thanks for checking!

I smiled when you said it felt like a weight lifted when you got your DS18 all settled. I think you will be a maintenance again soon and another "weight" will be lifted....right off your body!

Lori: When you were telling that story about some "sniping" going on between some of the women....I immediately thought to myself I don't think you would ever be one of them. That is just the sense I have gotten about your character. That would bother me too. So petty. Life is so short!

Jaz: Yes, I drink tap water most of the time. However, when I am filling up my CPAP machine with the distilled drinking water, I also fill up my cup for the night. I think we have pretty good water here. Speaking of the "good water" you were going to get....I need your numbers for Water Hounds!

Trig: Hope you had the best kind of "just being" day possible yesterday.

Blue: It is a bust on the tomatoes. So disappointed. Like my raspberries, it seemed like a banner year. Some kind of animal has been feasting themeless!
Plus some of the branches have turned brown so not sure what they is about. I am getting a few, but most of them are half eaten or have a big bite out of the. And my raspberries got inundated with Japanese Beetles. Started out the season getting a ton. Then it dwindled down to just a few. Finally had it and just cut all the stalks down. Couldn't stand to watch all the mating going on!!! And sometimes they were three high!!!!!

My friend's funeral was yesterday so it was a hard day for me. There were so many people there. She was so loved. She was not "ready" to go as she wanted to live. She was planning a trip to Hawaii. She adored her husband and two daughters and they adored her. But she was "ready" in that her faith was strong. She loved the Lord and wanted Him to be glorified in all of this.

Had a small blip yesterday as I was feeling sorry for myself. Thought I deserved some food. Such sick thinking. But today I am CapD again and will not let that derail me.

K-Mom 10x4
  #2426   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 08:57

BF:

Lori- Ugh, hate when women are crappy to each other. And even more so being in "the middle" of it all. I hope it has blown over.
Excellent job on the weight coming down! That is good news and is setting you up well for your future travel.

KMom- I will ask Blue (hey, Blue!) to forward you the pictures I just sent out. It is nice that she can do that. And thank you for confirming- again was not to call you out at all, but I feel guilty saying I am sharing something with the group and mentioning it here knowing you are not getting it.
I'm so sorry about the loss of your friend and I get the "blip" yesterday. Today is a new day, no harm done.

••••

Nice and cool this morning- I actually have on sweat pants and a cardigan. AC is off during the day now but I did cave and turn it on last night as I was tossing and turning. Gah, I don't get this insomnia much anymore but it is such a pain when I do! I slept from 10:15 to a little after 11, then up, then dozed off about 15 minutes, then up, dozed, awake from 1:15-4:45, slept until 5:45 when the dogs woke me up freaking out (they heard some animals outside bc we forgot to shut the windows) than back asleep around 6:30 until 8. So disjointed!

DD22 and Fi picked me up yesterday around 4 to go look at a church as a potential site for their ceremony. They have had such trouble finding a church (ours has a gym instead of a sanctuary and they want a sanctuary.) Well, they finally found one and so yay, one more thing off the list to worry about! Meanwhile, DS15 had a migraine headache yesterday afternoon, poor boy. Luckily he was finally able to sleep it off.

We ate a yummy dinner outside last night - ribeye steaks, corn on the cob, salad. Hey Blue- I made your French dressing and YUM, Fi used it also and really liked it as well.

My family is being so sweet. DS15 has been uncharacteristically kind and affectionate (not that he is usually unkind, but he is kind of a classic 15 year old boy-teen) and they have eased me into DS18 being gone. Sitting outside as a family of five having dinner was good for me- I can ease into cooking for 2-3.

DS18 is happy and doing well. He texted me a pic this morning of his "first college breakfast!" He is going on a scavenger hunt in DC with the Honors Humanities group today. I bet he has a blast!
  #2427   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 13:36

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Jaz---Have fun w/your pal! So cool she's so LC. That really takes the temptation out of the weekend and replaces it with inspiration.

And yes, getting rid of stuff really does lift one's spirits, literally makes you feel lighter. Thanx for sharing your experiences with this. Inspiring. You sure have gotten yourself back up the hill, every time. I swear life is a lot less about talent or smarts, and a lot MORE about persistence.

Nic---You're right about the last one or only one. HaHa LOVED " I still have one very tall distraction wandering around my house eating things.

In answer to your question, we will stay in St. Paul. Where is anyone's guess right now. We might even stay in our home. Chiseling thru options now, and instead of sugar plums, there's nothing but numbers dancing in my head. They wake me up if the middle of the night with their rock and rollin'.

Yes, I can see benefits to all our options, even the ones that involve leaving our beloved home. It's just that you don't get to experience the benefits till you've done all the work, gone thru all the confusion and fears, and questions, and meetings and researching, and did I mention WORK? Day by day, only way.

Trigger---So happy to hear your MIL is recovered and home. Hope that's taking some stress off your hubs.

Lori---One pound from your low. Excellent, particularly considering it's your NEW and fabulous low!

K-mom---Sad day for you, yesterday. Hugs. Don't worry about a blip. That's why they call it a "blip." Little tiny bump on the line to success.

water: Fri - 4/3. Today will be a good one, will post later or tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, after three days of doing BPC and three days of an unsettled tummy, I'm skipping it again for a bit to see what happens. Thinking if I start em up again I'll do it with just butter or coconut oil. The original recipe I got used both. But I think at this time it's just too rich for me.

Meanwhile, I have to get to those shakes. Got all the stuff, just have to pick up some coconut milk and get out the magic bullet and give it whirl. So many things on my list these days, doing even the smallest new thing is not a priority, but do want to see what these shakes can do for me, and where they might fit in on the easiest LC plan I can find right now.

Cause I really NEED easy in some things right now!

Tonight I'm headed over to a good pal/colleague's house for dinner, AND to go over my video resume concepts. She does what I do, so she'll be a great source of feed back, and hopefully soon I'll be ready to execute it in edit.

We're doing cheese burgers and I'm bringing my bread and a Caesar salad, so I'll be on plan.
  #2428   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 15:16

BF:
Progress:

This is for everyone...but especially Blue!

So my SD loves to do everything with me. She is literally like a shadow. So we went to Trader Joe's last weekend. She is so proud that she can get me some of the items without my helping her. She gets the eggs, bacon, etc. And she gets the pop. Problem is that she sometimes gets the Mandarin Lime instead of the Tangerine Lime. She was SO proud to show me the word, "Tangerine."

OK...so today I have been doing very well on my woe. I decided to treat myself to an extra can of pop. Typically, I only have one.

I don't know why I happened to look at the carb count. I was positive it was zero for the diet kind. Blue got me going on this pop.

So I look at the carb count.....

45 Carbs! My SD has picked up the regular and not diet.

Grrrrr.....A great day plus 90 extra carbs that are not my fault.

Isn't there someone we can tell about this. Those carbs should not count!!!

I looked in the refrigerator and there are only three cans left which means I had a 45 carber one yesterday too.

Positive thing about this is that I never tasted the difference!

Grrrr....but really not a biggie.

Won't weigh for a couple of days.

K-Mom 10x3
  #2429   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 15:20

BF:
Progress:

OH - and to her credit...they all look the same. The Mandarin Lime, the Tangerine Lime and the regular and the diet!!!

And I called the carb CEO's and they said they will have them erased. Whew!
  #2430   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 04:34

BF:

Good Morning!

Slept in till nearly 6 this morning! Who am I?

Scale down a few more tenths despite having a couple adult beverages and a few carbs with my lunch yesterday. I did walk over 4 miles on the course, so that helps.

We have a couple's tournament today. I pair up with one of the guys I've know for a few years. He's a hoot. Looks a bit like I would imagine Sasquatch would look like.....you know.....if he existed!? Big guy, raggedy beard, booming laugh. We'll have a good time.

Not much going on this coming week. Golf Tuesday & Thursday(weather permitting) and a hair cut & color on Wednesday. Oh.....and boot camp several mornings as well.

KMom...hope your sugar infusion didn't cause you to feel unwell. You are right about my friends sniping at each other....does not involve me. My husband always says that I can get along with anyone.

Jaz....missing your posts. Hope you're having a good weekend.

Nic...I hear you on the Stitch Fix thing. I have my doubts as to whether I'll be keeping many(if any) items that they send. Maybe something here and there.

Trig.....how is MIL doing? Hope she continues to improve to take some of the pressure off you and DH. How is DD making out with her new skincare regime?

Blue...I know your head is spinning with possibilities for your future. I have no doubt that you'll make great decisions and things will work out fine.

About to make cup of coffee #2. Love my morning joe!

Happy Sunday everyone!
Closed Thread