Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#2011   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 05:26

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Bernie, school time means some easier times for you now, I know I can't wait for monday and she starts!! I got open house thing tomorrow from 4-5pm for her to get her schedule etc. then done deal Bernie, I just do the meats cause they hold me here and make me happy, meat power ya know LOL

DE, ugh sick kids. Is something going around already? Haven't had any of us or friends sick but with school starting monday I bet it won't be long before something walks into this house also

JO down to only 2 goats left now. retired ones. old as hell and wondering how long they will go. Pumpkin is like 13 and Lollipop is now like 11 and most goats die off around 8-9 yrs usually (some say 10-15 for certain breeds etc, but so much varies on these guys) but these are going stronger than one would think HAHA They even look old now tho HAHA

JO, if I let any carbs back from junky foods I am screwed to the max cause I would go on an epic binge so I must hold strong at all times. No choice on it but I feel wonderful with no carbs also so I mean it is a win win truly lol

HI GUYS
off to the mall today
bleck, like a hole in the head!
probably pick up some sick there if things are going around? omg I hope not!!

nothing much more, this and that later with a swim in there somewhere

got NY strip steaks defrosted for tonight
lunch will be at the food court in the mall for kiddo, I am eating bacon/cheese omelet before we go. I don't want that stuff.

great day all
Sponsored Links
  #2012   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 09:58

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hello dear warriors,

How is everyone doing today?

Great news I just got my Escape back! All pretty and fixed shining!
Okay I am ready for nothing more eventful to happen! Between the death of my brother and the car accident I have had enough!
Karen.... WTG on kicking fat Karen butt and not having the ice cream! I am the same must be super careful with even veggie carbs. No climbing any imaginary ladder for me that be a death sentence.

Jo.... I can't do cheese at all like crack for me but the great thing is I have no desire for it either.

De... I am praying DGD gets better and no one else gets sick. I find it tough when I have to stay by DD. So lately I been picking her up and bringing her back by me.

Welcome Penelope I would ditch the cream cheese it has cream in it higher carbs and sweeter than hard cheese can keep cravings alive!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #2013   ^
Old Wed, Aug-23-17, 11:00

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Morning all...

I have double duty today as DGS is now sick along with DGD. So not good. When they are well they spend a lot of time at my house and have their own play room. When they are sick it's better for all if we stay at their house. DGD will be going to see the doctor today.

DH made the burgers so that's why we ended up with those. He doesn't cook for us very often, so that was a nice break for me.

Just trying to get through this day and sick kids so I can go home and chill out.

Have a great day all...WARRIOR ON!
  #2014   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 05:10
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%
Default Thursday, 24 August 2017

Happy Friday Eve, Warriors!

Wishing all of you a totally terrific day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

We got some terrific news at school yesterday! Our school once again was graded with an A! And out of all the schools in NM (elementary, mid & high schools), we are # 8; out of all the NM middle schools, we are # 2! Some high-tech, state of the arts charter school up in Albuquerque always beats us...

I always knew I was teaching at one of the BEST middle schools in the state, hence the reason I've stayed here these past 17 yrs!

Granted, academically, we've always did great!

Carb-Free Food for Thought:

“A year from now you’ll wish you started today!”
~ Karen Lamb

Onward and DOWNWARD, WARRIORS! We've GOT THIS! Woot! Woot!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Karen:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
...I know I can't wait for monday and she starts!! I got open house thing tomorrow from 4-5pm for her to get her schedule etc. then done deal
I hope she enjoys her classes!

It's really hard to believe that summer is over! Gees, did it go by fast or what??? And I know you got robbed since you had to postpone several of your RV adventures until next summer b/c of stuff happening beyond your control...
Quote:
JO down to only 2 goats left now. retired ones. old as hell and wondering how long they will go. Pumpkin is like 13 and Lollipop is now like 11 and most goats die off around 8-9 yrs usually (some say 10-15 for certain breeds etc, but so much varies on these guys) but these are going stronger than one would think HAHA They even look old now tho HAHA
That's great that they are still around... I guess when these two pass, that's it, no more goats?
Quote:
JO, if I let any carbs back from junky foods I am screwed to the max cause I would go on an epic binge so I must hold strong at all times. No choice on it but I feel wonderful with no carbs also so I mean it is a win win truly lol
I know what you MEAN!

As you well know, I ain't ZC, but pretty close with the "biological zero" carb-age of my totally de-lish daily leafy green salads!

I know those have been the saving grace of my WOL! I truly my daily salad paired up with my protein!

We all have to find what works for us as individuals to get and keep the results we want!
Quote:
off to the mall today
bleck, like a hole in the head!
probably pick up some sick there if things are going around? omg I hope not!!
I hope you don't pick up anything infectious at the mall...
Quote:
lunch will be at the food court in the mall for kiddo, I am eating bacon/cheese omelet before we go. I don't want that stuff.
Way to stay WARRIOR Strong, girlie! Woot! Woot!

Berni:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Great news I just got my Escape back! All pretty and fixed shining!
I was thinking about you yesterday whilst I was on my way home and wondered about your car!

Imma so glad that they did a good job and that you got her back!
Quote:
Okay I am ready for nothing more eventful to happen! Between the death of my brother and the car accident I have had enough!
You've really been thru a lot lately!
Quote:
I am the same must be super careful with even veggie carbs. No climbing any imaginary ladder for me that be a death sentence.
Preach it, sista b/c I am the same way!

Quote:
Jo.... I can't do cheese at all like crack for me but the great thing is I have no desire for it either.
Me neither!

Hey did I tell ya I've been adding about 1 T of Parmesan cheese to my leafy green salads? You know the one in the plastic container??? Since it's in a powdery form, it hasn't been a binge food for me... It's not like Imma tempted to eat it by the spoonfuls, KWIM???

De:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
I have double duty today as DGS is now sick along with DGD. So not good. When they are well they spend a lot of time at my house and have their own play room. When they are sick it's better for all if we stay at their house. DGD will be going to see the doctor today.
Gosh, I hope you don't catch whatever the grands have! And I hope they recovery quickly!
Quote:
DH made the burgers so that's why we ended up with those. He doesn't cook for us very often, so that was a nice break for me.
Nice for sure!
Quote:
Just trying to get through this day and sick kids so I can go home and chill out.
You deserve it! Hope you got a chance to do just that!
  #2015   ^
Old Thu, Aug-24-17, 05:40

BF:

DE, so sorry another is sick. oh boy I hope you don't go down and I can only hope it doesn't come around here, but with her starting school Mon. I bet something sick will fly around sooner than later. Take care of everyone!!

Bernie, so happy your SUV is shiny and new and done
I BET you are sick of it all, you have had some rough times lately and I hope things settle easy for ya now. You deserve it!!
I am the same, no carb ladder for me at all.

JO, yea when these 2 goats pass I am out of the livestock biz Never thought I wouldn't own a horse cause I have owned tons over all the years but no more. I need freedom now vs. animal holding me to the house kinda life.

So glad you can do the Parm on your salad. That isn't a draw for me either. I think that is SO key what you WILL let back when maintaining. You can have a little of this and that back as long as it is NOT A draw....seriously. I know point blank what foods draw me very fast and furious and do not have any pull on me. Like mushrooms. I love some mush. on a steak and can easily eat some and not even have a smidge of draw into carbs from them, but I still choose to drop them now.

I can do a salad and not draw on that but for me a salad just gives me gut wonky times so I just pass now on it also.......but it is SO key to know what you can have easily and what can take you into a frenzy in a flash.

HI GUYS
the mall was a bust. most things she didn't like, the stuff she did like wasn't school code dress (like shorts too short etc) and came away darn near empty handed. She said she will wear what she got and is fine with it so I said fine! done deal

oh well....

today I got 2 nice NY strip steaks.
one for brunch and one for dinner and if wanting more food I got some tuna and sardines with my name on them

great day all
  #2016   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 04:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Talking Friday, 25 August 2017

Oh, Imma the first one in, so I'll get our day started...

Happy Friday, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day as usual and that you all get a chance to chil-lax and take care of YOU over the w/e!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Wow, already Friday! Where does the time go?

I am having a lot of fun with the kiddos in all of my classes, but the class periods fly by crazy fast.

Even the kiddos complain that my classes are too short! I guess Imma doing something right if they don't want to leave!

“This WOE isn’t a sprint -- it’s a life-long marathon!”
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
JO, yea when these 2 goats pass I am out of the livestock biz Never thought I wouldn't own a horse cause I have owned tons over all the years but no more. I need freedom now vs. animal holding me to the house kinda life.
I hear ya! Having animals does kinda keep you rooted to the house, depending on what types you got!
Quote:
So glad you can do the Parm on your salad. That isn't a draw for me either. I think that is SO key what you WILL let back when maintaining. You can have a little of this and that back as long as it is NOT A draw....seriously. I know point blank what foods draw me very fast and furious and do not have any pull on me. Like mushrooms. I love some mush. on a steak and can easily eat some and not even have a smidge of draw into carbs from them, but I still choose to drop them now.
Adding that lil' bit of Parmesan cheese doesn't affect me, no cravings, urges to binge, nothing! Or I wouldn't be using it!

Like the rest of you, climbing the carb ladder has NEVER EVER been successful for me. I DON'T know where that line is when it becomes too many carbs and "Fat Jo" takes over in my reality.

I DON'T ever wanna GO there again!

I DON'T have any desire to experiment by adding more carb-age since food is fuel for me, nothing more, nothing less.

I don't use it for the entertainment factor, to soothe my emotions, etc. I use it only to nourish my body.

And since Imma minimalist in EVERY area of my life, my food reflects that too. I don't do a large variety at all and I am never bored with what I eat!

I am so thankful for the delicious foods that I am able to eat on my life and soul changing WOL!

I'm so very grateful that I've found my "sweet spot" (number of carbs and kcals I can have) that helps me keep the results I've worked so hard to acheive!
Quote:
I can do a salad and not draw on that but for me a salad just gives me gut wonky times so I just pass now on it also.......but it is SO key to know what you can have easily and what can take you into a frenzy in a flash.
We all do what we have to do to maintain our weight loss!
Quote:
the mall was a bust. most things she didn't like, the stuff she did like wasn't school code dress (like shorts too short etc) and came away darn near empty handed. She said she will wear what she got and is fine with it so I said fine! done deal
Sorry to hear that your mall experience was a bust! But sounds like you saved some $$$$ since you didn't buy anything!

Yeppers, school dress code issues with today's fashions. It is what it is!
Quote:
today I got 2 nice NY strip steaks.
one for brunch and one for dinner and if wanting more food I got some tuna and sardines with my name on them
ZC all the WAY! Woot! Woot! You'll always be our ZC Warrior!

Last edited by Just Jo : Fri, Aug-25-17 at 04:06. Reason: Option F: Fixin' Flippin' typos ~ as usual! Pfffffffffft!
  #2017   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 09:05

BF:

I will take on the ZC Warrior title here if you please

Just for me I am like you. I DO OK on limited food until the brain kicks in and asks 'why the hell are ya doing this!?'.....'just eat a little of that' and you 'will be fine' and more............but every single ONE OF US go thru this and it is our warrior stance that holds us to our proven way of eating.

and JO you said a key thing is you don't want to go back.......and at my AGE if I go back I am not doing this crap again! and then it would be down hill from there ya know......so ALL OF US have alot riding on our control and way of life.

But there are days I pray I 'could become' the moderator in food. oh boy how I wish for that but I know it won't happen so I do what I do and smile while doing it cause that IS my option here LOL

I can't wait to hear about your retirement adventures! You know I do not want to push the years to pass but my retirement time I see as just special and can not wait to have that total freedom, yet I can wait cause it means my kid 'will be grown and off into the world' and that gives me the small freakout! You know, don't wanna let go.......but everyone can move forward in life in good fashion if we just allow it to happen and be cool with it all I guess...........oh well...........

HI GUYS

just doing my thing. work is piling up and dealing.

would ya believe kiddo's med. cabinet above her toilet fell off the wall last night? holy LOL I think I am going with a 'stand over the toilet' piece of furniture to replace.......not sure now. I hate this one now since we have seen it for so many years, time to do something different on it. House maintenance sucks!

got nice small filet mignon and tons of grilled shrimp for tonight
brunch, hmm, not sure, probaby a burger maybe...kinda in the no hungry zone but want something but not much as I am cool with that kinda eating.....we shall see

great day all
  #2018   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 09:07
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 286.8/257.7/190 Female 70 inches  (5'10")
BF:
Progress: 30%

Welcome Penelope I would ditch the cream cheese it has cream in it higher carbs and sweeter than hard cheese can keep cravings alive!
Have a wonderful Wednesday warriors and take care of yourself![/QUOTE]

Thank you! I do appreciate the advice about the cream cheese, but I really just included it in the interest of full disclosure! 😉 While the reasoning makes sense, I haven't had an actual craving for anything off plan since my second week. Every once in a while in social situations I long to be "normal" but beyond that, I've found abstaining to be quite easy (shockingly!) I do only eat cream cheese a couple times a week. And I am happy with my loss thus far. Believe me, if I start having cravings, it will be the very first thing to go!! 😊
I've been reading about intermittent fasting and I've begun an informal mini experiment, fasting for 16hrs, eating window of 6, then today, I haven't eaten for 17hrs, with the exception of a coffe with HWC. I'm going to see how taking it to 24 goes. I'm shocked at how little hunger I've felt. Have you ever tried this in addition to induction level carbs? I'm just wondering how it's worked for others. Forgive and inform me if this should be in another thread! Best of luck to all of you!!
  #2019   ^
Old Fri, Aug-25-17, 10:37

BF:

Hello warriors,

Heading out today to the great north woods of Wisconsin for DSIL's bday 🎉 ! I have my leafy greens and tuna packed and ready!
I will stop by when I have signal.
Have a fantastic Friday and take care of yourself!
  #2020   ^
Old Sat, Aug-26-17, 07:09
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Saturday, 26 August 2017

Happy Saturday, Warriors!

Hope all is well and wishing you a totally spectacular day in every way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Working on my dreaded w/e "to-do" list... I don't do anything around the house during the work-week. Imma like a Zombie when I get home after about a 10, 10 1/2 hr day at school! Imma usually at school by 6:15-6:30 am and don't leave until after 4:30 pm... Our "paid" day is from 7:30 to 3:05 (7 hours; with a 35 min lunch), but most of us are there way longer...

As for the dreaded w/e "to-do" list, it's not really that bad since Imma OCD and a neat freak!

“Eating carbs is like eating hungry pills!”
~ unknown

Karen:
Quote:
I will take on the ZC Warrior title here if you please
Take it ON??? Girlie, you've already earned it!
Quote:
Just for me I am like you. I DO OK on limited food until the brain kicks in and asks 'why the hell are ya doing this!?'.....'just eat a little of that' and you 'will be fine' and more............but every single ONE OF US go thru this and it is our warrior stance that holds us to our proven way of eating.
Yeppers, I hear ya!

It's really rare that I am tempted by any type of carb-age these days. But then I DON'T put myself in situations where the temptations would become problematic!

I don't wanna let "Fat Jo" out and I always tell myself, it's sooo NOT worth eating those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods b/c then I'd have to face the consequences = weight gain, cravings for weeks on end, etc!

Nope nope nope! I ain't gonna GO THERE!!
Quote:
and JO you said a key thing is you don't want to go back.......and at my AGE if I go back I am not doing this crap again! and then it would be down hill from there ya know......so ALL OF US have alot riding on our control and way of life.

But there are days I pray I 'could become' the moderator in food. oh boy how I wish for that but I know it won't happen so I do what I do and smile while doing it cause that IS my option here LOL
I know I will NEVER ever be able to "moderate" what I eat!

Abstainers UNITE!

I know EXACTLY what you're saying about going back to eating like "before" LC! B/c when I re-started this for the last time 5 July 2013, in my very soul I knew that if I didn't do this NOW, I would always be FAT and miserable plus I'd be facing all the ailments etc associated with getting older...

NOW I know that I don't have the intestinal fortitude to FIGHT "Fat Jo" again to try to lose the weight!

It's so much easier to stay in maintenance then to have to battle her FAT AZZ again and Imma going into my 60s, 70s and beyond, kickin' and screamin' in the best HEALTH possible!
Quote:
I can't wait to hear about your retirement adventures! You know I do not want to push the years to pass but my retirement time I see as just special and can not wait to have that total freedom, yet I can wait cause it means my kid 'will be grown and off into the world' and that gives me the small freakout! You know, don't wanna let go.......but everyone can move forward in life in good fashion if we just allow it to happen and be cool with it all I guess...........oh well...........
Retirement is on the back burner for now... it's scary though. B/c I don't know if I can afford to live in Phnx. If I were to retire right now & stay in my lil' burg, I'd be able to afford retirement hands down and still save $$$... Imma big on always saving $$ for "that rainy day"! I have no idea about Phnx...
Quote:
would ya believe kiddo's med. cabinet above her toilet fell off the wall last night? holy LOL I think I am going with a 'stand over the toilet' piece of furniture to replace.......not sure now. I hate this one now since we have seen it for so many years, time to do something different on it. House maintenance sucks!
Wow! That's scary that it just fell off the wall! Hope no one got hurt!

Yeah, home maintenance does suck sometimes, but better than renting and putting $$ in someone else's pockets, eh?

penelope: Welcome back, Penelope
Quote:
Originally Posted by penelope85
Every once in a while in social situations I long to be "normal" but beyond that, I've found abstaining to be quite easy (shockingly!) I do only eat cream cheese a couple times a week. And I am happy with my loss thus far. Believe me, if I start having cravings, it will be the very first thing to go!! 😊
Sounds like you're doing GREAT & have a plan just in case you start having cravings!
Quote:
I've been reading about intermittent fasting and I've begun an informal mini experiment, fasting for 16hrs, eating window of 6, then today, I haven't eaten for 17hrs, with the exception of a coffe with HWC. I'm going to see how taking it to 24 goes. I'm shocked at how little hunger I've felt. Have you ever tried this in addition to induction level carbs? I'm just wondering how it's worked for others.
I only eat one meal a day around 5 pm or so and I only have 30 kcals in the am since I add almond milk to my morning java. It's worked wonders for me since it has taken care of all my food related issues!

I've been doing IF since July 2013.
Quote:
Best of luck to all of you!!
Thanks, but it's not luck, it's determination, perseverance and hard work! Imma glad it doesn't take luck, b/c my luck is horrible!

Berni:
Quote:
Heading out today to the great north woods of Wisconsin for DSIL's bday 🎉 ! I have my leafy greens and tuna packed and ready!
Happy B'day to your DSIL!

You always stay 100% OP no matter the situation or event. You GO GIRL!!!

That's what makes you a HARD CORE member of TEAM 5%!!! Woot! Woot!
Quote:
I will stop by when I have signal.
Safe travels and I hope you'll get a change to post!
  #2021   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 03:04
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Sunday, 27 August 2017

Looks like Imma the first one up around here...I'll get our thread started!

Happy Day, Warriors!

Wishing each of you a totally kick Azz, BAD Azz 100% OP day and hope your w/e is restfully wonderful!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Working through my w/e "to-do" list... just need to clean my humble abode, which doesn't take me long, then I can chil-lax and become a knit-wit whilst I pedal my azz.

Almost finished with another knitted baby afghan! Gees working full-time sure does cut into my knitting time!

“Do or Do Not. There is No Try.”
~ Yoda (Empire Strikes Back 1980)

#2022   ^
Old Sun, Aug-27-17, 06:51

BF:

Hello warriors,

Just checking in from the north woods of Wisconsin!
Weather is beautiful high 70 low 60. Great walking weather for all the beautiful trails here! Bday party was spectacular fun I luv catching up with all the cousins! I don't even remember what they served since I had eaten already and don't even go near the buffet tables!
Hello Karen Super warrior!
Hello to Penelope!
Hello to de and Jo!
Jo.... I am a wild women tried some jalapeño on my dalad! Well I luv those so tasty and you only need a little. I bought the great value ones in the jar. They also have ones in the can. Washed them off to get rid of the salt delish!
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
  #2023   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 03:26

BF:

Oh Bernie is becoming the spicy salad gal now love that LOL
Glad you are having great weather and good times in the woods!! You deserve some down time to Chillax out!!

P85, you kinda don't have to 'work in IF' into this way of eating. Doing A72 induction you will naturally not be hungry and you will fall into a good 'natural IF' situation. I eat 2 times a day and those are kinda close together (12-1 and 3-4 time) and then done eating for the day. I didn't force this, it just comes to us naturally. But ANY TIME you are hungry on this plan YOU should eat and NOT force thru the hunger actually. That is the beauty of being so extreme low carb, you CAN eat when your body is asking for food, you just have to be sure to eat the right things, the A72 food list, and ya got it whipped! I mean I eat between 11-5 basically and that leaves me not eating around 14 hrs per day so heck I am naturally IF'ing anyway, we all do....hope that makes sense

JO, oh yea I hear ya on location about retirement and the funds to survive. Areas are not created equal when it comes to sucking off your money fast It does matter alot about where you can afford to live. You got some research to do on Phx for sure.

HI GUYS
ugh, ok DE, ya gave me some kind of crud.

kinda not feeling good.
headachy, foggy brain, kinda tummy troubles....all not bad but all not great. I am the only one in the house so I woke up a bit better this morning so hopefully that is over now...on the mend? Cause gosh I want this gone now!

all good, all settling down and doing ok.

Kid back to school today---YIPPEE! She ain't thrilled but I sure as heck am

great day all
  #2024   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 03:39
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Default Monday, 28 August 2017

Happy Last Monday of August, Warriors!

Hope that all of you survived the w/e and wishing each of you a totally marvelous day in every single way possible!

Stay WARRIOR STRONG!

Weekly Maintenance Update:
3 years, 6 months, 1 week and counting...
Wt = 114 lbs

“Always remember the “Gift” (losing the weight) and keeping the “Gift” (maintenance). ”
~ JudyNYC

Berni:
Quote:
Just checking in from the north woods of Wisconsin!
Weather is beautiful high 70 low 60. Great walking weather for all the beautiful trails here! Bday party was spectacular fun I luv catching up with all the cousins! I don't even remember what they served since I had eaten already and don't even go near the buffet tables!
WTG with staying Warrior Strong, my friend!

But then, we don't ever eat OFF PLAN foods no matter the situation or event and that's what keeps us über successful on our life and soul changing journey!
Quote:
Jo.... I am a wild women tried some jalapeño on my dalad! Well I luv those so tasty and you only need a little. I bought the great value ones in the jar. They also have ones in the can. Washed them off to get rid of the salt delish!
RIGHT ON! Yummers for sure! Gives our leafy green salads a nice "bite", right? I've never used the canned ones...

At Wally World, they have a huge jar in their "large can section" for under $4 way cheaper than any other size. It lasts me a good long while and they don't go bad. I don't find them salty... I wonder if it's the brand you use...

I only use 25 g, less than an ounce, (you know me and my OCD, I MEASURE everything!) in a salad and it's CARB FREE! Woot! Woot! Can't beat that for sure!
Quote:
Have a spectacular Sunday warriors and take care of yourself!
Thanks and I know yours was as well since you were/are in the north woods with loved ones!

Karen:
I know you must be busy getting your DD ready for the first day of school! It's always exciting and scary for them!

De & penelope:
Hope you two are doing well and had a great w/e!
  #2025   ^
Old Mon, Aug-28-17, 03:49
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

was writing my post, when you posted Karen!
Quote:
P85, you kinda don't have to 'work in IF' into this way of eating. Doing A72 induction you will naturally not be hungry and you will fall into a good 'natural IF' situation.
I totally agree!! B/c going ultra low carbs makes us less hungry = eating less! And we should NEVER eat by the clock. We should eat when we are hungry and eating when we are sated just like Dr. A prescribed! The hardest part of that is figuring out if we are "head" hungry or truly hungry!
Quote:
JO, oh yea I hear ya on location about retirement and the funds to survive. Areas are not created equal when it comes to sucking off your money fast It does matter alot about where you can afford to live. You got some research to do on Phx for sure.
Yeppers, I do but Imma not motivated to start that yet... but then I ain't ready to retire YET either... we shall see...
Quote:
ugh, ok DE, ya gave me some kind of crud.
De didn't have the crud, her grands did...maybe it's a computer virus???
Quote:
kinda not feeling good.
headachy, foggy brain, kinda tummy troubles....all not bad but all not great. I am the only one in the house so I woke up a bit better this morning so hopefully that is over now...on the mend? Cause gosh I want this gone now!
Sorry you're not feeling well! Hope you get better real soon...wonder if it's change of weather affecting you???
Quote:
Kid back to school today---YIPPEE! She ain't thrilled but I sure as heck am
Sorry to hear she isn't that excited...

I remember the first days of school with my kiddos, I was über excited they went back to school too!
Closed Thread