Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#361   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-24, 06:30

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

I read the MRI report on the patient portal and from what I can make out, there is no obvious tear, just fraying of the edge of the meniscus with a possible radial tear of the lateral? I don't know....I see the Dr. on 4/23 and will see what he has to say. It has been feeling better the last couple days. The physical therapist I was seeing in March talked to me about the possibility of the "fraying" edge. He said they can do a quick surgery to trim it if needed. We'll see.

We are planning to head to our DD's this afternoon for our DGS15's baseball game at 4:15. After that we're heading to Bel Air MD for an overnight and then DGS20's games tomorrow at his Uni. An adventure! We don't have a hotel reservation, but hoping we can get one last minute tonight.

I've just booked another cruise for myself. I haven't told DH about it yet. He won't care, I know. It is the week before he leaves for his week long hunting trip. I'll be gone from 11/1 - 10 and he leaves on the 9th. Perfect timing as he'll be here to take care of Gabby and then I'll be back the following day. This is a great cruise as it goes to the Southern Caribbean....Aruba, Curacao and Bonaire. We were there years ago, but I'm anxious to go again. I'll have to fly to Fort Lauderdale this time.

--------

Jaz.....Sounds like a great long weekend ahead! Hope the weather is great!

Trig....Plumbing issue all resolved?

Nic......Any news????????

---------

DH just left for a couple hours of work and then he'll be back here driving me batty. If he has his way, we'll get to the ball field 2 hours early this afternoon.

Later!
Sponsored Links
  #362   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-24, 08:50

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Pals!

Nope, no news! Just hanging out waiting.

Lori- another cruise! Go you! Is this a solo trip?
Glad it looks like nothing horrible for your knee- hopefully the Dr report will back that up but also find something to help ease the discomfort.

Trig- I hope the faucet was indeed an easy fix. Nice that you have Vern to fix those things w/o needing to call a plumber in. That's a savings right there!

Jaz- with how limited you eat, I hate that you are experiencing inflammation. I'm happy for you, exploring a new area on your trip soon. Fun!

---

Living in the present moment around here- no plans made ahead of time but just living in the day to day, waiting for word from DD. It's not a bad way to be, really. I'm lucky I have the ability to do that in my life.

I'm going to do a Walmart run this afternoon and other than that I'm just chillin. Not a thing to report. Oh, well, I guess I'll report that I have been dealing with some insomnia now for about a week. That's fun lol
  #363   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-24, 12:52

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Nic- Thanks for reporting nothing! LOLOL Just kidding! HAHA- We are all waiting with you. Yes, good on you to have the time to be present and do what needs done.
Do you take melatonin?

Lori- I was shocked you booked another cruise! so you have 3 upcoming??!?!?!? Girl!!!!!!! Plus solo????? Did you get a internal cabin or "outside" cabin? I have been reading up on that.
Glad to hear the MRI wasn't concerning!

Enjoy your fun evening out and overnight! Going out to eat?

Trig-
You out in your field mowing like mad? PS my son got a riding lawn mower- he LOVES it! LOL
------------------------------------------------------

2 hours to go until I can log out and counting! I am already in VACAY mode! Short and sweet but so need the nuggets in life! KWIM! I would almost rather have 1 long weekend every month or two than one full week and then nothing the rest of the year!

Sloppy joe for dinner- chowing leftover and clearing out the fridge.

I AM treating myself to dinners out on my weekend. At least one!

Later - will post in am before I leave
  #364   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-24, 04:06

BF:

Travel Day-

Sipping coffee and am browsing the site for Isle of Palms. Tomorrow I am going to Sullivans Island for something different less crowded.

https://boathouserestaurants.com/is...enus-happy-hour

https://boathouserestaurants.com/

Dinner menu- Going to the Boathouse roof top for happy hour and some shrimp. Check it out! I figure I will get there about 530 before the crowd. I don't need a reservation. And with it being just me I always saunter up to the bar and always get a seat! LOLOL

Packing my skorts, swimsuits, beach chair, sunglasses, and pup. What else do ya need? Taking laptop of course! LOL

see ya on the other side. 3 hours on the road, not hateful. Hope to be on the beach by 10:30. Pure sun and expected temps close to 80. YES PLEASE

Rock on kids
  #365   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-24, 16:27

BF:

I am here!!!!!!- Life is good
  #366   ^
Old Sat, Apr-13-24, 17:59

BF:

Hey!

Jaz......You are there and I just got home! Hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

We had a nice time, but it was so freakin' windy & cold for the baseball games. The drive to Maryland from our DD's on Friday night was horrible. I just hate driving at night. Even though I wasn't driving, I just hate trying to see where you're going at night with all the lights and traffic. I'm old! The drive home today was easy in comparison. Not a lot of traffic and daylight!

Gabby survived being alone overnight. I was so anxious to get home to her. The poor, old girl.

I have 2 cruises on the books......both solo! November 1st I'm going to the Southern Caribbean on a 9 day cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale and then in February I'm going on the Transatlantic! I'm a cruisin' fool!

I got home to no internet and had a moment of panic. I called and an automated voice told me to unplug the modem for 2 minutes and try again....Huzzah! It worked and here I am!

Heading to the golf course tomorrow morning. We may get some nasty T-storms tomorrow afternoon/evening. Not looking forward to that mess.

Well, it'll soon be bedtime for this gal. We were only gone 1 night, but it feels like we were away much longer. Home sweet home!

G'nite!
  #367   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-24, 04:35

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Lori I am so you about driving at night. Can't see with all the blurry lights coming at me get ya on that!!

Cruisin' fool, love this!! it is so nice to see you enjoying your down time and doing what you want to do.

Your MRI, hmm, frayed areas. Yea those could cause trouble if they are rubbing or pricking into other sensitive areas for sure. If you continue to hurt would ya possibly consider a surgery to shave those edges? be interesting to see how this progresses for you but at least ya got more info.

Nicco.......tell DD to pop out that kiddo tomorrow on the 15th please!! please lol

the faucet is leaking along the down pipe underneath a tiny bit. hubby to run to store again today to buy new pipe fitting. what a pain in the azz to the ultlimate......so over it all LOL

Jazz, YOU ARE THERE and I am jealous for sure. I can just picture ya enjoying the beach life right now and I so want it. HAVE a blast!!!!!

------still mowing the world around here, lol, can’t seem to keep up

simple zc day. start with big fat cut pork chops. got a Tbone for tonight.

didn’t eat as much yesterday, ended up with banger sinus headache, again thought the pressure behind my eyes was gonna pop them out LOL but I lived as usual thru it,--

feel better this morning.

just chuggin’ along in my personal zc zen world and seeing what more chores I gotta hit today. bleck. always something right.
  #368   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-24, 05:41

BF:

Good Morning!

Woke up feeling "perky". Just so happy to be home and heading back to my happy place.....the golf course! Looks like we'll have 3 good days before more rain moves in. We may have some nasty storms this evening, but hoping they pass us by.

Getting my eating back on track after the grab & go we did Friday and Saturday. It's all part of life for me. I will indulge in a beer or 2 today.....because.....you know! I think it's a law that when you play golf you have to have some beer and who am I to flaunt the law?

--------

Trig.....Oh bugger on that leaking faucet! Hope Chop can get it fixed easily.

Jaz.....Waking up on the beach and sunshine? Lucky duck! Enjoy!

Nic.....Come on baby! I'm sure DD is more than ready to have that bundle in her arms!

---------

Ok, some breakfast and then I'll set out.
  #369   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-24, 05:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Trig- I know that Pressure headache only too well! IS it pollen, humidity? I don't know I have been bothered by it as well on and off for the last week. Our weather has been one storm after another! Thankfully the sun is out, and the temps are up today and tomorrow!!!!!

Is kiddo back to school? I think you said so! She comes and goes alot! LOLOL She should be off for the summer come May?

I hear ya on that mow........ urghhhhhhhh

Lori-
I don't drive at night anymore either for the same reason. I flat out can't SEE with the lights and all. Add that to a stigmatism and forget it. Unless it is down the street in an area I am familiar with I just don't. Stick me in the OLD bucket!

OMG speaking of OLD...... I was walking out of the hotel last night to go to dinner when this group of guys 4-5 were walking in. They were kidding each other about "being old". The one guy says I am 23- at least I am not AS OLD AS MY MOM! She is 43!!!
OMG .......... Check me into a nursing home! My son turned 36 two days ago!

You playing today? What did you decide to do about your knee?

Nic-
well? ............ I would think they will talk about inducing if she goes much longer!
---------------------------------------------------------------

Going to be sunny and a high of 80 today! I got a slight SUNBURN yesterday! So today I need to actually put on some sunscreen. I might need a shirt! LOL

I need to make a water run for me and the pup. I brought 2 gallons and we are down to 1/2 gal of water left.

Beach, Longhorn Steak house, pool. In that order! LOLOLOL

Till later
  #370   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-24, 10:49

BF:

EDIT:
This Girl went to Walmart 2 blocks down the streat. Bought a box of STEAK burgers and brought them back to the hotel and cooked ALL of them (6) on the gas grill poolside. Took the leftovers to my room fridge. Took some mustard packets from the breakfast bar! Food for the day...... 9.99 $$$ - YUP Leave more $$ for Wine! I know how to roll! LOLOLOL

Going back to beach..... Had to bring Ruger back- He wants a nap. He climbed up on his blanket and fell alseep before I could TYPE sleepy! Poor babe. I wore him out! LOLOL
It is now hot out and he is still adjusting from cold weather to HOT weather. Just like his mommy LOLOL
  #371   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-24, 20:30

BF:

Will catch up tmrw (Monday)
No news yet!
  #372   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-24, 05:11

BF:

Good Morning!

All my golf buddies baled on me for today, so I'll just get out for a nice, long walk at some point. My knee has been SO good the last few days and I can walk without "feeling" it. Coming down stairs I still feel a twinge, but nothing terrible. I don't go to the Dr. until April 23 for my follow up to the MRI, so just waiting till then. I really don't feel like anything is necessary right now. I'm just wondering if the cortisone shot took 3 weeks to get the inflammation resolved and that was the main cause of my pain? I don't know, but I'm thankful!

I have to figure out what I'm going to feed DH this week. He has a dinner meeting on Thursday, so that gives me one day off. I think I may have some tenderloin steaks in the freezer.....we always enjoy those.

We had some BIG wind and a little rain last evening. The wind was scary! It sounded like a freight train coming down the river! We have a big hemlock tree in our back yard and that poor thing was battered! A big limb broke off of it and DH will have to deal with that today. We didn't lose power, but did have a couple blinks. I can only imagine that the electric company was out dealing with trees on wires.

Off for more coffee. I guess I'll do some laundry today and just putter around.

Have a good one!
  #373   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-24, 05:38

BF:

Travel day!

I can't believe it's over?!?!?!?!?!?- Booooo hoooooooo...... LOL

Lori- That is scary when you have "those" types of storms! Thankfully you didn't lose power.
Free day with beautiful skies!!!!!! YAY

Nic- No news?!?!?!? hummmmmmmmm lil bugger!!!!

Hey ya Trig!

Gotta pack and jump outta here!
  #374   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-24, 07:55

BF:

Hi all--

Jaz I can't believe your trip is already over. That is crazy! I'm glad you had a good time though and had some nice weather and sunshine to enjoy.

Trig I know this is a rough season for you as far as allergies and such. Hang in there, this too will pass!

Lori, a day off from golf will make the next time you play even better! So glad your knee is doing better!

All is well here, just continuing to live life very much in the present moment. Beautiful weather day today, just gorgeous, so I will be hitting the trails with some food and water. 80 degrees and sunny- doesn't get much better than that!

Dd has her OB appt this afternoon and if she is dilated enough will ask (maybe) for them to strip her membranes. We'll see. She will do what she does, and so will the baby. All out of my control!

Hugs to all!
  #375   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-24, 15:12

BF:

Home,

Went to the grocery. Got Laundry spinning. It is beautiful out. My back is a tad sore from a crappy bed the last two nights and travel time in the car.
Took Ibprophen....... Kicking back and chillin.

sloppy joes,
weight is up 5 pounds- insert eye roll.

I need to start moving a tad more as well!!!!!!!!

Nic- ....hummmmmmmm I am shocked! We all lost that bet! LOLOL

Till tomorrow ladies