Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 07:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

wow Jaqui lucky you

I am still waiting for a reply from Sainsbury's. I had given up but it looks likes that they might be just very slow in answering emails.

I was in my local Sainsbury's last night and yet again the macadamia nuts in the baking aisle were sold out. However i was taken to the nut aisle where they had macadamia nuts but were salted. This is a new addition to my local Sainsbury's they must have noticed a demand for Macadamia nuts, shame the buyers haven't put the connection with 'Atkins'
I may email them again pointng out that a new demand for certain food items shows a lot of shoppers are probably on the Atkins diet.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 11:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 198/182/147 Female 5ft 5in
BF:
Progress: 31%

Good idea I will do the same and yes saisburys did take ages to respond to my original e-mail
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Aug-28-03, 12:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 184/162/112 Female 5'5"
BF:31/26/19
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbie.B
a lot of shoppers are probably on the Atkins diet.

I think my family are turning in to a classic case! I went on the diet because my fiance had been on (and is going back on as of next Monday ) the diet. Because I found out how well it worked, I put my mum on the diet. Then I found out my sister was on the diet. Then she came to visit today, discovered there's plenty her vegetarian partner could be eating and thinks he'll go on the diet now. Her best friend found out how well it helped her and she's on the diet now. Her best friend's husband saw how well his wife was doing so now he's on the diet...

You know, if there's one thing I learnt after a hellish year working in advertising, it's that there's no such thing as an advert more effective (or able to combat) word of mouth!

I can't see it being too much longer before there's enough people doing really well on this way of eating that we reach a kind of critical mass which sees a huge reversal of attitudes from folk like the supermarkets... who can't help but influence the government in turn.

Vive la revolution I say!