Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-16, 10:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 258.4/241.4/190 Male 6'
BF:
Progress: 25%

I've been pretty quiet as of late but things have been going great! Except for last weekend where I stumbled a bit I've been eating clean. We're going through a transition time at work so my time has been limited. But I'm excited to weigh myself Monday and post the results. Hope everyone is doing well!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-16, 04:17

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Good to hear that you are doing well!! So it's Super Bowl today....and
Failing to Plan, Is Planning to Fail.

What meals and snacks do You have ready?
http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/lo...rbsuperbowl.htm

If you are going out, eat a large LC meal before and bring a LC snack. Remember you will be weighing in tomorrow. This might be a good day to Monitor...keep track on MFP so you don't "forget" about any handfuls of nuts. And go Cam Newton (he eats low carb)

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Feb-07-16 at 05:17.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-16, 10:58

Plan: Primal
Stats: 186/166/148 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 53%

Football days are tough to stay on track! Not the food so much. Lots of primal foods and snacks can be made on the grill. I'm thinking things like bacon wrapped chicken and chicken wings. Yum!

It's the beer that is difficult as it's part of our social circle. Beer, friends, and football all go together on Sundays. So my strategy for game day. Eat good before the game and drink light, relatively low carb beer.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-16, 18:53
Registered Member

BF:

Hey guys! I'm writing this while watching the Superbowl...about 9 mins left in the first half.

I'm safe today... actually home alone watching the game. I'm not sure if that's pathetic or safe haha. Maybe a bit of both. No temptations here so it's good! I made a crustless pizza where the ground beef was actually the crust and it was awesome! I'm so excited to weigh myself tomorrow.

A question about water intake. Common sense tells me that as my LB's drop off I could decrease my water intake? Online water drinking calculators are based on how much you weigh and how much you want to lose so it seems like that would adjust as my journey goes? Or should I keep drinking as much as when I started?

Go Broncos! Sorry Janet but Carolina beat up my Seahawks so I have to root against them haha.
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-16, 04:04

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

So it appears this morning Carolina lost, so you should happy AND have a good weigh-in. Meatza Pizza is great...I often do a quick one in the skillet for lunch.
I was watching Downton Abbey, it would be hard to overstate our complete lack of interest in any team sports. It was merely hard in NC to avoid general news items this past week.

Who told you you need to drink X OZ of water per X pounds? Not me. Dr Westman's advice is similar to his eating one..."Drink when thirsty". Add to tea, broth and whatever liquids to have, you drink however much water you need to not be thirsty.

Quote:
Beverages:
Drink as much as you would like of the allowed beverages, but do not force fluids beyond your capacity. The best beverage is water. Essence-flavored seltzers (zero carbs) and bottled spring and mineral waters are also good choices.

Caffeinated beverages: Some patients find that their caffeine intake inter- feres with their weight loss and blood sugar control. With this in mind, you may have up to 3 cups of coffee (black, or with artificial sweetener and/or cream), tea (unsweetened or artificially sweetened), or caffeinated diet soda per day.

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Feb-08-16 at 04:10.
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-16, 08:35
Registered Member

BF:

10.6 lbs! In my first 2 weeks! That seems pretty awesome. I don't know. But it's awesome for me! I'm assuming a lot of that is water weight but who knows. I'll keep truckin!

I didn't say my water consumption is something that I specifically read on anything related to Atkins. But there are numerous water intake calculators online and for good quick weight loss - yes I know it's not an overnight thing but still - most of them have you drinking tons of water which helps things helps shed pounds quickly and also keeps appetite suppressed. I used a couple different calculators and it says I should be drinking about 150 ounces a day which is what I've done. If there is anything in Atkins that says I shouldn't drink that much I would consider not doing it but it doesn't seem to hurt. It makes it a bit tough with my job having to find bathrooms all the time but I've managed it so far.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-16, 09:47

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Hey there, nwwaterboy. Congrats on getting off to a great start!

Now. It's time for you to get out of the Intro thread and start your own journal. It's easy. Go to the Journal/Bootcamp section and follow the instructions at the top. Give your journal a catchy name, and your fan club can follow along on your continuing LC journey.

Your own journal is the best place to see how far you've come, what patterns apply to you, and what goals you've met.

Best wishes!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-16, 12:54
Boldly going...

Plan: keto
Stats: 410/298.6/225 Male 74 inches
BF:40/35%/17%
Progress: 60%

Hey Nwwaterboy, just stumbled on here today. The difference between you and me is that I've lost count of the number of times I've restarted! You've already seen some good results, so you know how this works. You and I both need to stick with it, and I'm confident I will this time, as I am shaking up my plan a bit using Dr. Fung's protocol with Intermittent Fasting to the LCHF mix. I've found it helpful in juggling for me what can be a very irregular and crazy schedule at times.

I agree with Barbara...start yourself a journal and post there. I've started one myself, and found it to be very helpful.
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-16, 17:08
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEMarvin
Hey Nwwaterboy, just stumbled on here today. The difference between you and me is that I've lost count of the number of times I've restarted! You've already seen some good results, so you know how this works. You and I both need to stick with it, and I'm confident I will this time, as I am shaking up my plan a bit using Dr. Fung's protocol with Intermittent Fasting to the LCHF mix. I've found it helpful in juggling for me what can be a very irregular and crazy schedule at times.

I agree with Barbara...start yourself a journal and post there. I've started one myself, and found it to be very helpful.

Hey Marvin, don't make the mistake of thinking that I haven't restarted more than once haha. I'm sure we're neck and neck with how many times we've began this journey. But things definitely feel different this time around! After hearing other people suggest it I've started a journal and here's the link.

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...796#post9091796