Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 09:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 225/213/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy I blew my diet last night!

I am so dissapointed in myself. I was invited to my boyfriends parents house last night for dinner. How could I possilbly turn down a dinner to the most sweetest people I have ever met, and possibly my future in-laws. There was stuffed porkchops in mushroom sauce, scalloped potatoes, green beans.. and did i mention the stuffing witht the porkchops??? It was to die for....
Then desert... FRESH HOMEMADE CHERRY PIE!!!!!!!!!
Oh my God!! I have been sugar free for 5-6 weeks.. and I have never tasted anything so heavenly in my life.

Then this morning happened, and the case of the guilts have hit... I feel terrrible for letting myself down. The scale says Im down, but im scared it will show in the next few days. Im even showing trace ketones. But Im almost positive that will change to negative soon as well. Have any of you managed to stay in ketosis after a major failure? Is there anything I can do to counteract my binge? Do I need to start in induction again?(though I am not normally far from that stage) Sure could use your help.
Im probobly freaking over something silly , but its very important to me this time. The boyfriend mentioned a wedding, and I have a feeling hes going to pop the question soon. I would love to be thin to walk up the aisle!!! Plus, with my back surgeries this year, my first official outing will be new years eve, and I would love to look good.
Sorry for writing a novel..... Would love some help....

Lori
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 09:57
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile You are ok

For the day, make sure you have all the water you are suppose to drink: 64 oz + (Weight to lose/25)x 8oz= Water you drink.
This will help the most. Just eat how you are suppose to eat and you will be fine. Everyone slips now and again. Just understand the temptation and you won't fear it. You might feel headaches and you might have sugar withdrawal feels for a little while, hang in there and learn from the experience. Life is trial and error.
I only hope you enjoyed the night and don't feel guilty about it.
Be proud of what you accomplished so far. Ok?
You can do this!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 10:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hugggs

Im sorry U feel guilty but please rememeber we all make mistakes. If I have eaten too many carbs the next 2 days I eat mostly protein and fat and I take extra chromium. Stick with it, this is a way of life NOT a diet. If u do have a day U indulge then the next day shake it off and continue low carbing. Drink lots and lots of water to flush out your system.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 10:24
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 171/155/120 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Cheating made me sick....

Hey don't be so hard on yourself...look at the survey on cheating to see how we all fall down sometimes...

I too fell of the wagon the last few days (Monday I had a slice of bananna bread for breakfast + Tues a small piece of strudel and in the evening...a 1/2 glass of ice wine).

It is strange, but I haven't really cheated much until the last few days, and I got a migrane yesterday afternoon. I wonder if it could be from the sugar (or maybe from the guilt). I have been on this diet for more than four months, so I was wondering if anyone else found that splurges make them feel sick...

I wasn't so lucky as you, I immediately put on 1.5 pounds *water I guess* and the migrane was enough to make me wary of cheating again. Yet, I dont feel like I am back "on tract" today, I think I have doing the WOL so long now, that I just feel like today is a normal day!

Unlike you, I didn't have a freshly baked cherry pie, so in retrospect, the bakery bananna bread and strudel were definately disappointing...and the ice wine was like drinking maple syrup! YUCK

Take care, and believe me, it gets easier as your body adjusts and your tastes change (at least it did for me)!

The thought of a muffin at breakfast now makes me feel sea sick, and those 'standard' starchy foods served at meetings look like lumps of oogy gluey starch.

Best of luck

Jenn
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 20:03

Plan: protein power
Stats: 245/236/175 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Re:slip

No butt kicking from anyone here !!! So..stop kicking yourself. We will all slip sooner or later...some more than others. Just get back on and quit feeling guilty !! WATER...WATER...WATER
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-01, 20:50

Plan: Atkins KISS
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Who knows...call it your "reversal diet night" and think positive -you are in for a WHOOSH!! Nothing like a little attitude adjustment.

keep that chin up.
N
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 04:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/216/165
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default oh yes it makes me ill

Just wanted to confirm that sugar binging (and red wine) definitely brings on the migraines now.. now there is a deterrent if you needed one

Also be careful of overconfidence: "Oh I feel so good I can do anything" which leads you to behaviour that you deep down very well know is the straight path to those horrible episodes (not just food I mean) -speaking from experience here!

That was my two cents worth, so hang in there

L