Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-01, 13:14
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/215/140
BF:
Progress: 0%
Unhappy

I couldn't get out of the office to get lunch so when my boss offered to pick something up I told him to grab me a cheeseburger. He was going to a fast food place and I couldn't think of anything else I could eat. As awful as it is I took the poor sandwich apart and ate only the beef patty and the cheese.

I then went to fitday.com which I learned about today from someone on this board and I entered the burger on my list of foods consumed today and alarmingly it registered at 32grams of carb.

I am on Atkins and have just reached ketosis, and I am afraid that I have blown it! Is it possible that there is 32gms in a plain beef patty. I thought that most meats had 0gms

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-01, 13:36

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

It was probably the processed cheese. Got to stay away from that stuff...only real cheese is allowed
You had the right idea until I saw cheese burger!!!
Wendy
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-01, 14:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 224/206/170
BF:
Progress:

Rosinar,

Did you pick "fast food cheeseburger" off a list on fitday? If you did, it would include the bun, which is probably where the carbs are coming from. When I get a fast food burger, I enter the meat (one large patty) and the processed cheese (1 oz slice) separately into fitday. I don't think there's any way you could get 32 carb grams unless the bun was included. Check it out and see!

Emma
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-01, 17:21

Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Ahhh, now there's a thought, the bun, that might have been it. Yet still from what I understand process cheese is still a no no. This is what they serve on cheesburgers isn't it?

Wendy
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-01, 19:32

Plan:
Stats: 286/254/148
BF:
Progress:

Hi Rosi

I keep trying to post you about exercise but they dont seem to turn up on the thread. Thus if I'm repeating myself, please forgive me.

No I do no exercise what so ever - am a certified couch potato. So no gym needed. However I can attest to (personally and via a number of friends) a mile walk each day (when possible) making a real difference on the weight front.

Also when I was exercising (years ago!) I found free weights to be inexpensive, not too boring and something that can be done at home (in front of the TV of course). However you do need to know what you're doing so a few trips to the gym first is mandatory so that you dont end up injuring yourself.

Also the more muscle, the more you burn calories and its cool to be able to carry shopping effortlessly.

In any event, my approach to the diet is to just do what I can without getting too wrapped up in a big lifestyle change, that way you dont focus on it and its easy to do. Changing your life bit by bit when it feels good.

Nicola