Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Oct-11-11, 15:06

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
I'm concerned about stalling or gaining next week because I'll be vacationing in Sarasota with a friend who has the WORST eating habits in the WORLD. She literally thinks popcorn is okay because it's a vegetable! I tried to tell her corn is a grain and in the end had to send her an internet article before she would believe me. We're staying at another friend's empty condo and I'm going to suggest we save a bit of money by cooking some meals ourselves. Honestly, I am dreading eating out - I know she loves going to places that coat everything in breadcrumbs and batter. Frankly, I don't want to be stuck with nothing to eat but a salad every time we're in one of those places. I guess I can kiss goodbye to grass-fed and pastured. Apart from eating, I'm really looking forward to the vacation though!.

Just be really picky with your food
I vacation quite a bit and I go out of town for work so learning to navigate menu's has become a sport for me
I do my homework.... I too try to only eat grass-fed beef and organic veggies
I look up restaurants near the locations that I'll be at and see what they offer
Not always exactly what I want... but really close
I also make special requests to the chefs.... for this I leave a bit larger tip
but in the end.... I am eating what I want.
And I might add.... the only weight I gain is from the traveling (makes my ankles swell) which leaves in a couple of days.
But above all.... have a great time - you're on vacation!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-11, 06:18

Plan: atkins
Stats: 173/171/128 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 4%

Quote:
Originally Posted by freckles
Our next door neighbor has chickens. He's also a landscaper that uses chemicals in his yard and others. We don't use chemicals in our yard. His stupid chickens choose to feed in our yard since we don't use chemicals to kill the bugs - and we get to listen to them crow ALL day long!!! Drives me NUTS (I work on the phone from home). And we get NO eggs from it. He's told us that we should pick up any eggs they lay in our yard, but they don't EVER lay eggs here...I'm convinced that chickens lay eggs at home.

Good for you!! And the environment. My dh owns an organic lawn fertilization company. Started it in 1995 - before it was mainstream. It's how we met. Back to regularly scheduled programming. . .
  #78   ^
Old Fri, Oct-14-11, 07:57

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I would love to see chickens pecking around in my yard! But we live in a small town and my yard isn't fenced in. I could have them in my pasture (I have 2 acres in town ) but it would cost me a fortune to run chicken wire all the way around it.
  #79   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-11, 16:35

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Got back from vacation last night and weighed myself this morning. Lost .2lb! Hey, I'm overjoyed I didn't gain. Food turned out not to be a problem afterall. I love wild-caught fresh fish and in Florida I was able to get it every day. My friend had breaded and battered everything and I had grilled and charbroiled. She had french fries or garlic mashed potatoes with everything, I had steamed veggies (would have preferred sauted but they weren't on offer much). I cooked breakfast and made sure there were plenty of eggs and bacon and Kerrygold butter to fry it with.

I seriously think I would have lost one or two lbs on this vacation if it had not been for ALCOHOL. It just crept up on me, a glass of wine with dinner the first night, a couple of glasses the next. By yesterday I was drinking 3 wines and 2 martinis!! At home I hardly drink one glass of wine a week! So now I have a taste for it. I'm back at work in NYC today and, I swear, at lunchtime I was longing for an Irish coffee. But, I have learned that alcohol causes a stall and therefore alcohol and I are parting company, at least for a while.

The friend I vacationed with asked me a lot of questions about my w.o.e. and I tried to answer them without coming off as a low-carb zealot (not always successfully I fear). She is on Weightwatchers. She said (shovelling down pasta and bread) that my diet would be very difficult for most people to stick with whereas nothing is off limits on Weightwatchers, only portion-control is important. I tried to explain that my diet was the easiest I've ever done and the only one I've ever stuck with because there are no food cravings. But her eyes glazed. She has lost 5lbs and I have lost 23lbs (and I was lighter to begin with). You do the math!
  #80   ^
Old Mon, Oct-24-11, 17:52

Plan: low carb
Stats: 259/162.4/155 Female 5'1"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
Got back from vacation last night and weighed myself this morning. Lost .2lb

YAHHOOOOIIEEEEE
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Oct-25-11, 06:43

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:

Woohoo!! Weigh to go, Whofan!!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-11, 12:24

Plan: IR Diet framework, LC
Stats: 310/288/150 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sexym2

We recently ate at a Pizza buffet restaurant, LOL, I pealed all the topping off the pizza, had a salad with all the LC fixings and a chicken leg (pealed all the coating off). People were staring at my pile of pizza crusts and after a while, the manager came over and asked if there was something wrong with the food. Come on, does everyone have to eat the crust? I can't be the only person that does that. I could live off of pizza topping

With a buffet, they're probably expecting/costing their per/person costs based on full slices of pizza. Most people could eat more toppings alone than full slices of pizza.

Kinda like sushi buffets I've been to where they specifically ask that you not eat the fish off the rice and leave the rice, because they're pricing the bar based on people filling up on the rice as well. But at the sushi place, you had the option of sashimi, which has no rice.

Anyway, while I can understand why the manager was concerned at your pile of "pizza bones", I wouldn't be too worried about it. There aren't that many people out there so far who skin their pizzas.
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Oct-26-11, 12:46

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Quote:
Anyway, while I can understand why the manager was concerned at your pile of "pizza bones", I wouldn't be too worried about it. There aren't that many people out there so far who skin their pizzas.

As far as I'm concerned, its buffet, all you can eat. I can do what I want with that pizza. They also serve fried chicken, I get a couple of thighs too, and BF eats the breading off of it so I can have the chicken. He says its the best part of the meal.