Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Mar-27-10, 08:29

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 231/212/185 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:22%
Progress: 41%
Talking Anyone tried eat stop eat mixed with the warrior diet

I just bough both books and am quit amazed.

Long forgotten art of fasting combined with light eating during the day and eating at night.

I must admit that reading both books got me confused, but it also got me thinking a lot.

I have been doing this for 2 weeks now, true trial and errors i must say that the first benefits i notice was not weight loss but more of a feeling healthier feeling, less hungry and less of a slave to food.

Eat stop eat is quit simple, you fast 24h 2 days a week and you eat normal for the rest of the 5 days of course keeping your calories in check. So one day you choose to start your fast at 2pm you dont eat before 2pm the next day, you can also stop eating at 6pm and continue this way until 6pm the next day.

Fasting as so many benefits on the body, actually clearing up your digestive system and giving it a rest, instead of force feeding it 6 times per day which for me i have always tough this to be ridiculous. This way you feel less fatigue and can get on with your day bright and shine.

The warrior diet encourages you to eat light all day, mainly veggies and some fruits during the day, plenty of water to cleanse the body all day and at night you can eat a big meal. Protein carbs and fat can all be assimilated in one sitting.

I consulted my doctor about this diet and was very surprise that he told me he practice fasting a few times per week himself, he as been aware of the benefits of fasting for a very long time, and he also told me that you don't need that much protein and to much can be harmful, yeah yeah studies say that if you have healthy kidneys it does not matter how much protein you eat but that is all bull anyways, protein is hard on the digestive system, and since i have been following both diet i have renewed energy, and feel great.

The warrior diet will try to sell supplements after all its a big market, but you don't need any supplements plain food will do the trick all the time.

Another book written by Brad Pilon the guy who wrote eat stop eat is how much protein do you really need lots of studies real one and depending on your weight people will need between 70-120g a day.

So far so good on this diet, my pants feel looser already and i feel great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Mar-28-10, 17:09

My current plan.

Sorry i did not elaborate on this earlier and might have left many people in the dark.

Fasting: at least 3 days a part, never fast more then 24hours at a time either.

Sample plan:

Fasting starts at 6pm on Saturday night, so around 5pm i usually eat a good meal, veggies, some meat and finish off with some carbs, this way i am full so i eat a very limited amount of carbs.

(I have found that the more you fast the better you get at it, the fist time around can be really hard so if you feel very hungry eat, don't force yourself true this, the goal is to be healthier not make you sick.)

Sunday morning i will start my day with 1 liter of filtered water we have a brita i know i am cheap, no need for a 1000$ machine for this, then i get a good weight lifting workout, i use P90X because i find this very challenging and with all that circuit training you get some cardio in as well, either , chest and back, shoulders and arms or legs and back.

I have the spread sheets of the workouts, so i rarely do the dvds anymore, i warm up on my own. All the P90X workout mention usually take me between 25-35 minutes to do, i always try to get more intensity in instead of lifting heavy weights. If you have trouble with push ups hang in there you will get better at it, i have a pulldown station at home and i use this instead of the pull up bar, i do have plan to buy a pull up station at some point because the pull up bar they sell at walmart just did not work for me.

After my workout i hit the infra red sauna for 45 minutes and drink plenty of water for the rest of the day.

In the after noon i usually get some fun cardio on the WII console EA active more workouts is the best game for this and it gets me sweating, depending on how i feel i might go easy or hard.

6PM Sunday night, how do i get out of a fast, well quit easy you don't go crazy eating everything around you, this is where the warrior diet comes in to play, start by eating a small salad, then your protein, after that you carbs but makes sure not to bust your daily calories intake, and yes have only one meal.

Monday morning is a normal eating day, so breakfast, 6 hours later lunch and eat your last meal around 6pm, again split your calories in 3 meals and make sure not to bust it.

Tuesday and Wedesday are the same 3 meals, on Thursday you start your second 24 hour fast doing the same thing as the first one, and coming out the same way.

Eating 6 small meals per day means always having food in your stomach and never giving your body time to relax. Believe me i used to do this and did it for a very long time, its also very easy with small meals to at some point overeat and bust your daily calories.

Eating the eat stop eat way you can do it even with junk food and you will still lose weight, if you don't bust your daily calories, but i don't see the point in doing so after all we are training an taking care of ourselves to feel better. Still you can enjoy that piece of cheesecake and not gain weight.

Weightloss is pretty much the same 1-2 pounds a week, a bit more when you start the fast, by cutting some carbs you will lose water.

Anyone interested in reading the book eat stop eat is welcomed, its only 78 pages and packed with some good information.

Taking supplement when doing eat stop eat is not recommended, you can really get all you need from foods.

I take a multi vitamine, glucosamine and collagen complex because of my back pain so theses i cannot live without, but for the rest protein powder, and the rest i gave it away.

Eat stop eat might not be for everyone, and you can adapt the low carb lifestyle to it easy, just cut out the carbs from the diet.

For me i need carbs, i do well on low carb but after a month i need to get back on eating carbs for energy and i never adapted to ketosis either.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 13:53

Talking

I have been in ketosis for 1 week without knowing it, how sick is that, i started to read more about fasting and eating less, and found out that after a 24h fast even if you eat fruits like i do when i finish my fast that i remain in ketosis.

Well guess eat stop eat is the best of both worlds, i decided to concentrate on protein and healthy fats when i do eat my main meals per day in this way i will drop the pounds quicker and lose the love handles and gut for good.

Also i usually don't feel good when i am in ketosis, that really hits me a lot harder then other people, this time around i don't know if its the fasting effect or what but i feel great???????????

I have no problems getting true the insane Chest and Back workout 12 exercise circuit that you repeat twice in the P90X series.

Wow
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 13:08

Plan: Protien Power Plan
Stats: 250/235/210
BF:32/25/17/10
Progress: 38%

I think the Eat Stop Eat is not fasting for 24hrs...
You simply do not eat breakfast...do not eat lunch...and eat a NORMAL dinner...
Kind of the same as the Warrior diet, but you do not eat a HUGE dinner...you eat a normal sized dinner...that way you end up in a calorie deficit...Eat Stop Eat looks at calories on a weekly basis...not daily...
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-09-10, 19:42

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal31
I have been in ketosis for 1 week without knowing it, how sick is that, i started to read more about fasting and eating less, and found out that after a 24h fast even if you eat fruits like i do when i finish my fast that i remain in ketosis.

Well guess eat stop eat is the best of both worlds, i decided to concentrate on protein and healthy fats when i do eat my main meals per day in this way i will drop the pounds quicker and lose the love handles and gut for good.

Also i usually don't feel good when i am in ketosis, that really hits me a lot harder then other people, this time around i don't know if its the fasting effect or what but i feel great???????????

I have no problems getting true the insane Chest and Back workout 12 exercise circuit that you repeat twice in the P90X series.

Wow

Fasting is ketogenic. This is how primitive cultures were able to survive during a famine...ketosis. It is common for people who begin fasting to see a rise in ketones. You should check out the intermittent fasting thread.

Also read this:
http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/...sm-and-ketosis/

Last edited by black57 : Fri, Apr-09-10 at 19:48.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-10-10, 15:38

Thank you very much for the link i will read this.

Eat stop eat is not like the warrior diet, make things simple you fast drinking water or coffee twice a week for 24 hours the rest of the 5 days you eat when you are hungry, i love the book because reading it, so much is true about breakfast, and training on an empty fasted state and lot more.

Most people who do the warrior diet alone will mostly gain weight because they get very hungry at night and they tend to over eat, its very easy to eat 4000-5000 calories when you are very hungry.

I rather stick with eat stop eat, and fast twice a week for 24h each from 6pm til 6pm the next day, come out of my fast with a light meal and start eating the next day when i am hungry.

I have been doing this for 3 weeks now and at some point i need to force feed myself to eat, sugar cravings are gone and bad habits are also almost gone.

Did chest and back from P90X dvd series after being in a fasted state for 14 hours, went amazing, i will eat some time tonight when i am hungry.

BTW PWO meal is so over rated as well.