Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Dec-15-02, 12:17

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%
Default Buffaloe Chicken

I found this recipe at LowCarbFriends.com, and tried it a couple of nights ago. It was very easy and delicious. The kids gobbled it up!

Buffaloe Chicken

Boneless/skinless chicken breasts
Garlic powder
Salt/pepper to taste
Crumbled bleu cheese
Cream cheese
"Wings" sauce
or Hot sauce & butter
Cooking oil

Pound chicken breasts into thin cutlets. Sprinke with salt, pepper, and garlic.

Combine bleu cheese and cream cheese (I'm sorry I don't have specific amounts. The recipe didn't provide any, and I just "winged" it!)

Pat chicken fillets dry with paper towel, then spread on cheese mixture. Fold ends and roll chicken breast, securing with a toothpick. Make sure ends are tucked in and secured, or else the cheese will fall/melt out during cooking.

Heat approximately 1 c. cooking oil over med. high heat. Carefully place rolled chicken breasts in oil and fry for about 15", or until they appear crispy and cheese mixture just begins to ooze out.

Remove chicken breasts from oil and drain on paper towels. Serve with "Wings" sauce, or make your own by combining hot sauce with butter. (I used Hooter's brand.)

I'm also going to try this with other fillings, such as mozzerella cheese and pepperoni or with swiss cheese and ham. (And skip the sauce.)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 10:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/189/140
BF:
Progress: 18%
Default Oh My!!!

OOOH!!! That sounds YUMMY!!!!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-03, 12:16

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 125/125/125 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 59%

It was yummy, but I did have a slight problems the second time I made it. For some reason the oil kept popping. The only thing I could like was that maybe I didn't dry the chicken fillets, or maybe they were "injected" with a solution. Next time, I may even try just baking them in the Wings sauce.

Tami