Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 05:00
Twinkle Toes

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/280/150 Female 5 feet 1 inches
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default 100 to go

100 left to go, have lost my first 67 lbs. in 4 months and a week.

Had been stalled for 3 weeks and then bang, 3 lbs were gone. I stuck to it cuz I've heard over and over again posted in here, how people who've stuck with the plan have eventually gone down.

It's easier to stay on plan than it is to cheat...you feel good about yourself as opposed to the mental anguish you go through each time you eat something you shouldn't.

You prove to yourself that you're stronger than your cravings, it gives you a sense of power and control, finally.

It shows your loved ones or even your detractors, that yes, Low Carbing does work, it's up to you to show them just how well.

It doesn't matter what the number is that you have left to lose, whatever your loss or however long it takes, it is less of the stuff that makes us all so miserable, and then less again and so on until you reach a point where you're comfortable in your body.

Fitday says I'll have the weight lost by Dec. 2005, that's not so bad, another year and a half, whereas I've spent the last 30 years of my life overweight, one and a half year doesn't sound that long at all.

Good luck to us all on this journey.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 05:53

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

Hi Nik, Congratulations on the 67 lbs gone forever! You are doing fabulous. You sound so upbeat and confident. Great job.

You are so right about the time. That year and a half is going to pass by anyway, so we might as well make it worthwhile! Someday we'll look back on the time it took us to lose this weight and think of how quickly it happened.

I also took a look at your gallery. You can really tell a difference in your pictures. You look great. And I love your scenery shots. Are you a photographer? They are just beautiful!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 06:41

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 499.0/166.0/199.0 Male 75 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Congratulations on your loss!! Awesome job and what a great attitude you have

"Mickey the Mouser" has a wicked little grin on his/her face
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jul-18-04, 06:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Congratulations!! You are doing a phenominal job! That is a LOT of weight to lose in 4 months!

Keep up your determination and you will reach your goals and have fun on the way

Mary