Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 18:05

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/249/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default 11 pounds in 2 weeks...104 to go...

Hello Triple Digit Members. I am new to surfing and posting on in this club's postings. I have been posting in my journal and back in the general discussion areas. I have decided that I needed to venture over here and get some help and advice from those of you who are working towards the same goal I am, or from those of you who are lucky enough to have already met your goal.

Let me give you some background information. I am 24 and have been overweight all my life. Even when I was young and not what you would call fat, I was still the heaviest of all the girls I grew up with. Then in 1998, my grandfather passed away 3 weeks before I graduated high school. Then in August I started to college. And from that point on I managed to gain so much weight from being depressed and not being as active as I once was. I somehow, I say somehow because it seemed like all of a sudden one day I realized it, found myself at a whopping 289 pounds. I thought I was gonna pass out. I knew that there was no way in you know where that I would let myself see 300 on the scale. I truly believe I would not be here today had I not decided to do something. Well, that something turned out to be the Six Week Total Body Makeover. My husband and I lost 30 pounds each, but could not stand all the restrictions on the diet. So we went off and both gain 10-15 back. We then decided to try WW. The points worked fine at first and we both lost our 15 pounds. Then all the weight stopped coming off. I realized that just about everything I was eating were carbs. So, after discussing this with my husband, we decided that Atkins was the way to go for both of us. He only has about 25-30 pounds to lose. But for me, I would be very happy at 150. During the first week of Induction I lost 8 pounds. Then the second week I lost 3 more. Then my TOM came and it ended yesterday. I didn't weigh myself all week because I didn't want to get discouraged my any water retention. So when I weighed myself this morning, I was at 254, which was what I was the last time I weighed myself. So far, so good.

I am the type of person who becomes addicted to weighing and measuring myself. My husband is about to lock the scale and the tape in his trunk, lol. I guess I am just so afraid of the inches not coming off anymore or the scale not moving. I don't exercise as much as I would like to. I really haven't had the energy surge that many of you talk about getting once you begin Atkins. I seem to end up with a headache every evening when I get home from work and can't seem to make myself go to the gym. Is getting to the gym about 2-3 times a week enough????

Well, I hope that many of you will take the time to drop by and introduce yourselves and pop in and sign my journal as well. Hopefully, with your help I will FINALLY be able to let that thin person inside of me out...

Jeanna
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:03
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Jeanna - any exercise you do will help. If you can only do 2 - 3 days/week, then it's much better than nothing. It's not a matter of whether it's enough, there is no level at which you can say if you don't do this much it's useless, and if you do more than that level it's not.

As for weighing, I weigh myself twice a day, at least! I just try not to let the daily fluctuations get me down.

Valerie
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jun-02-04, 20:08
O2B PB Free!

Plan: LC
Stats: 242/229/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I think getting to the gym 2-3 times a week is fine if that's all you are up to at this time. Look at it like this - it's 2-3 times more than you did when the weight was going on your body!

Good luck!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 20:32

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/249/150 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%
Default Thanks

Thanks for the encouragement. The issue about getting to the gym is not really about all I CAN do. I could go everyday and be fine, but it's finding the time. Things get so hectic during the week and it seems like right when we are getting ready to walk out the door something comes up and screws our plans up. Well, I know I am going up there in the morning. School is out on Monday and hopefully this summer I will be able to get on a regular schedule. Thanks for the advice and have a great weekend.
Jeanna
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 20:43

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

Welcome Lacey!! You're doing great so far!

I also weigh 1-3 times a day. I have to stay extremely focused (aka obsessed) in order to keep on. I get easily frustrated, so no obsession... and I've got a problem.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jun-04-04, 22:05

Plan: My Own
Stats: 262/235.4/170 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 29%

hi lacey! glad you are here. tomorrow i will officially end week 1 of induction and have lost 5 pounds. our stories are very similar considering we are the same age and have right around the same amount of weight to lose welcome to this wonderful site and good luck on the weight loss!! i'm sure i will be seein you around!

Amy
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 07:12

Plan: My own
Stats: 322/277/175 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Hi Lacey and welcome

You have a great start with your low carb program. Try not to obsess too much over the scale and measurements - it will only make you nuts! Your body is changing from the inside out and sometimes those changes aren't quantifiable.

I tried the 6 weeks diet too - well, I managed to do it for 11 days I lost 9 pounds and then binged for a month - it was not a pretty sight!

You said school's out on Monday. Are you a student or teacher? Either way, enjoy your break!!

I find working out first thing in the morning works best for me. Then other interruptions don't set me off track, and somedays ANY excuse not to exercise was good

Mary
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 08:41

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome. You have already shown a great commitment to having a healtier life-congratulations on your progress so far.
Atkins is a healthy workable solution that you can stick to-often without realizing you are restricting anything.
Make sure you are getting your salads and veggies and taking a multivitamin. Your energy should be bouncing back anytime.

Was that 6week thing the eggwhite and asparugus thing that Thurmond did? No wonder you are exhausted.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-04, 08:55
90 Days at a Time

Plan: Glycemic Load
Stats: 426/405.2/326 Male 74 in.
BF:
Progress: 21%

Congratulations! (We are missing a message of mine to you somewhere...so this will be the condensed version) Wish you every success in your journey to better health!