Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-19-01, 23:23
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%
Thumbs up

What You Think is What You'll Get * By Victoria Johnson

Your mental images manifest in your physical world. Here are some questions you need to ask yourself:

* How can you become lean, fit and healthy if all you think about is gaining weight and eating your favorite unhealthy food?

* How can you possibly be successful if all you think about is failing or losing?

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" James Allen

When I was obese, most of my mental brain energy was spent thinking about food. I would read those women's magazines that had food advertisements in the first 20 pages. I would stand in line at the supermarket waiting to buy my high-fat, sugar-loaded items and salivate over the artistically designed foods in those beautiful gourmet magazines. When I watched television, I would sit completely still during every food commercial drooling all the while my mind was ingesting the images.

I became what I ingested, thought about and studied. I became a storehouse of excessive calories. I became what I thought about... fat! If I was ever to experience a change, I had to change. I had to methodically change.

In order to achieve your ideal body, your ideal state of thinking, your optimum level of health and performance in all areas of your life you must change your mental diet. You must get rid of all negative, self defeating and destructive material, conversations, unnecessary relationships, images in your home and workplace.

Replace negative thoughts with empowering images by changing what you read, what you watch on TV and the Internet. Change the music you listen to. If you're depressed and you want to get to a higher more invigorating state, don't listen to sad "poor me" drippy songs. Put on some high energy moving and grooving music. Put on what I call great memory music. You know, the music you played when everything in your life was awesome. Let your mind take you back there to that place. Soon you will feel powerful again.

You do this by asking yourself empowering questions. You are a unique individual. You have your own picture of success. If you don't... GET ONE!

* What does my ultimate picture of success look like?
* What can I do to feel successful today?
* What can I read, study, ingest that signifies success to me?
* What do I need to do to be successful?
* Who can (really) help me achieve my success?
* What are the first three things I am going to change to start my success process?

Never look back at your past mistakes. That's why they call it the past! You know what didn't work, you know where your strength is. Call upon it. Develop your own success program. Each of us have our own ideal image of success!

Start now. Forget your past, believe me, everyone is tired of hearing about it. Look to your future, see your reaching, see your journey. We are all on a journey through this life... Maybe we will meet along the way. I hope I see you at the top!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Victoria Johnson is a world-renowned keynote speaker, ranked as one of the top four "Superstars of Self-Esteem", and has twice been runner-up for IDEA's Business Person of the Year.
Sponsored Links