Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 04:43
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/168/140 Female 63
BF:
Progress:
Default I need some explanation please.

I returned to low carbing 2 weeks ago after very successfully achieving weightloss over 2 years ago. The first week I achieved no weight loss so last week I decided to eat exactly the same thing every day. I am still getting no weight loss. This is my eating plan.

Bkfst..25 grams brazil nuts.
Lunch..2 egg omelette with 25 grams cheese and salad with 1 tablespoon mayo.
Dinner..100 gram portion of meat or fish green veg and 1 tablespoon mayo.
Supper..100gram portion full fat greek yoghurt and 1 tablespoon cream.

I am not very good at working out protein in food as I never know whether to count the whole weight as protein or work out how much protein is in each protein portion. Am I doing something really silly here?
Any help will be much appreciated.
Thankyou.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 05:34

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Leicester. There are sites and software which calculate the Protein, Fat, and Carbs, but I use an approximate calculating method.

One ounce of meat or fish at 6g/Protein.
One egg at 6g/Protein.

One ounce of cooked green veg at 1g/CHO (Carbohydrate)

Is your salad made of only Low Carb vegetables?

100 hundred grams is approx. 3 1/2 oz.

You'll have to look up the nuts, and read the label on the yoghurt.

The eggs are approx. 12g/PRO for the 2 eggs.
Meat/fish at approx. 3 1/2 oz = approx. 21g/PRO.

That is only 32 grams of Protein. The nuts and yoghurt might bring you up. Any chance of deleting the nuts and putting some kind of protein that is higher quality?

There are different views on how much protein someone needs, but most people would say that that menu is too low in protein.

If you check any of the sound Low Carb books, there will be recommendations for protein amounts.

Which Low Carb plan are you following?

Best wishes to you.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 05:40
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thank you so much for your reply. I will have to pay more attention. The rule of thumb guide is helpful. Any idea why I don't seem to be losing anything ? I am also not experiencing any 'flu' problems, nor am I unduly hungry.
Thanks
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 05:50

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

You might drop the nuts for breakfast--- they have more carb thnan you think. Try for a no carb breakfast or even skip breakfast. (When starting out I cant skip breakfast, when weeks into LC skipping is easy and length of overnight fasting is extented)

DANDR --1 oz cheese is ok, yogurt is out the first 2 weeks. Even no sugar added.

Otherwise, try ketosticks .
otherwise, is the fit of your clothes changing?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 05:58

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome leicester
There have been a few changes to "atkins" over the years, but most versions of the two week induction phase do not include nuts or yogurt, and cheese and cream are limited. Many here follow the 2002 edition induction plan:
http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=236482

So your foods are a healthy low carb diet, but following the induction phase rules may help you start burning your own body fat for fuel quicker.
Dr Eades had good posts on LC "second time around" https://proteinpower.com/drmike/201...w-carb-dieters/. And skipping the induction phase is pretty common, but there are good reasons to start with it. All the best,
  #6   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 05:59
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

No clothes are still as bad as they were. I think I could skip breakfast easily but I don't as I suffer with migraine if my blood sugar falls too low. I will try to find something else though. Would a coffee with lots of cream do it? I'm fed up but will try to keep going. Thankyou for taking the trouble.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 06:03

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Cream in coffee yes, "lots" not so much. 2-3 T cream for the whole day is the induction plan limit. I have 1T heavy (double) cream in each of two cups of coffee and easily skip breakfast, but "Intermittent Fasting" is something you may want to work into. Just see how long you can delay breakfast to start. https://www.dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
  #8   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 06:53
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Bulletproof Coffee (BPC) is my daily break fast. The fat content keeps me going, no cream. Ketostix might help keep you in line, as you seem to be over indulging in carbs. Atkins 72 allows for only 20gms (not NET) per day. There's a thread here to guide you. Good luck.
  #9   ^
Old Thu, May-10-18, 07:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:

Thankyou all so much I have now seen the Atkins thread ! Don't know where I've been.
I will spend a good bit of time reading and re planning.
Thanks again.