Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-13, 00:06
Lipivore

Plan: Very Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 270/185/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default Dr. Oz looking for Paleo success stories in NYC

Quote:
NYC Area: Had Success with the Paleo Diet?

Have you tried the Paleo Diet and had major success? How much weight were you able to lose? Were you able to reverse a medical condition such as high blood pressure, high cholesterol or diabetes? Did you suffer from Crohn's or IBS but are now symptom free? Has the Paleo Diet completely changed your health? If so, we want to hear from you!

http://www.doctoroz.com/nyc-area-had-success-paleo-diet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-13, 07:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

THis shows you that Dr. Oz has few convictions of his own. He touts anything that he can make money off of. He is vegan and Paleo is totally against everything he believes. I'm sure he will put a vegan twist on this story, too. Or at least, have a dozen supplements that you should take while doing it. I don't trust anything he says.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-13, 08:21

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

According to a story I read, he is mostly vegetarian because his wife does the cooking and she is. He will occasionally eat meat and fish, and has yogurt for breakfast, so he is not vegan, and not even 100% vegetarian. I don't trust him either, a shill for any supplement out there, but he has been respectful of Dr Davis and Sinatra recently and any mainstream exposure has positive benefits.
One person I know here has been low carb since she saw Taubes on his show...didn't matter what Oz said..she read the book for herself.

If I was the producer, Anthonyc would be my choice (just sent him a PM to ask he apply)
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-13, 12:00

Plan: LC Primal
Stats: 290/270/160 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 15%

I agree that any exposure is good.
Doesn't mean I like him though. This debate with Taubes sealed the deal for me. Not because of anything he said to Taubes specifically, but because of the language he used to talk about obesity. What I particularly loved was "the biology of blubber." Jerkwad, and a scientifically inaccurte jerkwad at that!
However, since so many people like this hack, at least it's getting the message out.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Mar-22-13, 12:58

Plan: Atkins- leaning Paleo
Stats: 182/154/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
If I was the producer, Anthonyc would be my choice (just sent him a PM to ask he apply)

I think that's an EXCELLENT idea.
What a spokesperson he could be!!!
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-13, 14:52

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

He's had Jonny Bowden and Dr. Sinatra who were discussing the cholesterol myth. The Wizard was quite supportive of the info. He also had Geroge Stella and his family on the show. He is also supporting the use of coconut oil.

He's still a doo doo head.
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Mar-29-13, 15:22

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 213/167/165 Male 65 in.
BF:35%/23%/20%
Progress: 96%

The quack is "supportive" of anything that keeps him popular. The only reason he was respectful towards Davis and Sinatra was because of the MD after their names. Taubes was better qualified to talk about his topic than they were theirs, and Oz was condescending.

I wouldn't agree to appear on his show unless I was an MD for fear of being ambushed or edited to look like an idiot.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Mar-30-13, 15:50

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Oz don't scare me.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-13, 08:20

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 389.6/222.6/225 Male 6'2"
BF:24.6%
Progress: 101%

i submitted my story, lets see if i hear back!
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 06:35

Plan: AK
Stats: 155/147/145 Male 5'7 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Hi All.... we need a like button
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 07:55

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Anthony, that's a great picture! I hope you submitted your before and afters.

Y'know, I've gone from being a low carb zealot wanting to get the word out to everyone on the planet, to kinda wanting to keep it to myself. I know that's incredibly selfish but there's a part of me that wants to be effortlessly slim (almost) and healthy while most people struggle and starve themselves on low carb/low fat. Don't judge me, hopefully this is a passing phase. Curious though...anyone else not want to share with others? Or is it just me?
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 10:54

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 155/155/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Whofan, I can relate to that. I have spent many years helping many people and as many that do not want to hear anything about food. It has to be a very special situation for me to venture any info on food, these days. Plus after so many years you just get burned out helping clueless sick people...

I stay plenty busy helping my family now. I have a sister & a grandson on Paleo, a bil almost Paleo & mostly GF, a dil who is totally GF & some Paleo, & a granddaughter that tends to eat Paleo naturally. My son is a gluten addict!!

My 12 YO grandson was diagnosed on the autism spectrum. He had to go on meds. He was totally GF but eating GF grains & dairy. He did the research into nightshades & paleo himself & now is eating mostly Paleo. I am going to have to give him a little help. I gave him 2 Paleo cookbooks which he loves. He is off the meds when Paleo & he totally cannot have dairy which he is having trouble giving up. Dairy is as bad for him as wheat. & he cannot ever have gluten because he gets so sick he has to go to the ER.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-13, 11:24

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

Thank goodness there's someone else! Yes, family and dear friends are different, I still want to help them and a couple of them have completely turned their health around on low carb, after being very doubtful at first. It's awesome your 12 year old grandson did his own research. That's a smart kid. His health issues sound similar to a co-worker of mine. She can't eat dairy and a touch of gluten will mean an emergency. She is investigating paleo now too.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-13, 14:31

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%

I gave up trying to help other too. I get ignored, told I'm wrong or they try to argue with me. Its nice when I hear someone talking about Paleo or LC, of course, they have to be talking about it in the right way.
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Apr-21-13, 04:12

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

The show on Paleo Diet is scheduled for tomorrow, April 22.
PHoto shows Loren Cordain.
Cookbook from Rubies&Radishes will be featured. She's having a contest to win a slow cooker on her blog if you sign up for her email.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Apr-21-13 at 09:51.