Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-17, 16:53

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 216/202/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress:
Default Good evening my new friends!

Hello all,

I'm just now starting low carb dieting, specifically the South beach diet. I've always been "chubby" even when I worked out religiously. Since I've been in a long term relationship I'm the heaviest I've ever been and haven't been successful in losing any weight. I feel like my metabolism is shot from years of yo-yo dieting. My fiancé is unwilling to try a low carb diet so I'm attempting to do this alone which is why I thought finding an online support group would be helpful. I've tried various diets and have found I couldn't stick to them which is why I thought the south beach would be a good fit for me. It's not so much about "dieting" but healthier eating. I look forward to shedding some pounds. Thank you in advance for all the support!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Sep-19-17, 22:18

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Welcome Rachel!! Its hard at the beginning but not impossible to go it alone, hopefully your fiance can at least be supportive. My husband is not LC but is so willing to let me eat without comment, and to ensure that there are lc options when we chose places to go out, and when he cooks. Well, take a look around, and enjoying determining how you are going to use your Journal!!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 00:01

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Welcome to the forum, Rachel. My husband is like Mama Sebo's; he is not in any way LC, but is willing to eat along with me when I cook, only requesting that I add some bread or noodles to his portion - and, lately, not at every meal!. I've been doing this for several years, and don't have any problem adding the extra bits for him anymore. You may find it difficult at first, but be assured, it does get easier in time. After you have put aside grains and sweet things for awhile you will find that they are really not so attractive as you may now think they are. It also helps to read up on how damaging they are to one's body - negative re-enforcement! Good luck on your LC journey!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 03:15

Plan: atkins 20
Stats: 127.6/111/110 Female 5' 2"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Good Morning Rachel, and welcome to the forum...yes, you have found a great place for support. I have to say, you are not alone. My husband does not understand this WOE, he won't even try, and because I do not argue, I simply nod and do a lot of uh hum's. Remember no one can tel you what to do or think, really it is no ones business what you eat except you, why should it matter, we are all here for you. Yes, it works and you will feel good...We will be watching your progress, Best of Luck to ya, ttyl,
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Sep-20-17, 04:38

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Welcome Rachel,
You have found a great forum for information and support...there are buddy groups and challenges if on-line friends would help, or some use journals to stay on track. There are a number of threads here on cooking for the family when they are not LC. Look around the different sub-forums and find what will help you most. Are you an RN? Kelley Pounds blogs as a Low Carb RN and has an amazing amount of great advice linked on her pages. https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com
All the best,