Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-13, 00:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 251.9/179.8/160 Female 5'6 inches
BF:43%/40%/31%/28.8%
Progress: 78%
Default Shed some light?

So.. earlier today i posed this thread on the "atkins support" forum and was directed here:

Quote:
"So, i woke up with this morning and noticed facial hair? I have 3-4 long black hairs i never have seen before coming out of my chin (a good 1/2 inch long each) and the light light blond hairs that were on the sides of my mouth, are turning black.. in addition (as a natural blonde from birth) i've always had very light blonde hairs on my arms, their are 2 noticable patches just below my wrists turning black as well. i wonder if this is a hormone change from the diet or just because i'm getting older? Seems insane to happen all of a sudden just weeks after i start this diet though. If it's just a natural change from turning 30 a couple months back, it sure is drastic. Either way i cried pretty much all day about it. Busted pizza face, with a beard and mustache? yeah that'll be pretty when i'm skinny i'm sure. I am inches from quitting this diet because of other bodily malfunctions, i don't want to because for weight loss it's working.. but i DON'T feel this overwhelming "healthy" feeling everyone talks about, i feel bored with life (one of my favorite things to do was cook, went to school for it at one point), i am constipated or suffering for diarrhea, i have horrid acne that gets worse (even though i drink/eat less dairy than i use to, even switched to almond milk with no change) i even have back-ne now horrible back acne, i feel lethargic or crazy with a headache. .. and so far nothing but the scale is a possitive. I need a good dose of encouragement, i need to know this is worth it and these negatives will be outweighed with some positives in the future, that this busted-face/beard lady is temporary. So many success stories, and yet so many "restart" stories (failures to me, good for them for trying again though). It's so hard to get this thing down, the food isn't really the problem so much for me as the "lack" of possitive health issues. What is going on?.. god i need a hug.. or a xanex lol. either way. I'm just a bowl of bah-flippin-hum-bug today."

I had never really heard of PCOS before, but i looked it up when one of the amazing members mentioned that it sounds like i may have it.
The weird thing is, i'm going through a slight "chicken before the egg" delima. I never noticed 1/2 my symptoms until i STARTED L/cing.. but a lot of people say L/Cing helps get rid of at least some of them. I have a very very heavy flow period, and right when i started L/Cing 3 weeks ago i had my period a week early (very heavy flow) usually my period is like clock work but always heavy, and always very crampy. I do suffer from acne during that time. However, this dramatic increase in painful acne, and sever back-ne (back acne) also the facial hair the changing color of the arm hair and did someone mention Dandruff????? I started getting bad dandruff a few weeks ago, i chalked it up to it finally becoming cold weather here in Alabama, as my skin does get a bit dry during the season change. My weight is actually pretty evenly spread out. my measurements are 49 bust 44 waist 50 hips, so i'm pretty "hour glass" just large. Started L/Cing at 251.9lbs today i'm at 234.8lbs good results in just 3 weeks but not if it might be causing the other problems. But the reason we went (me and my husband) on low carb is because we have been trying to get pregnant for 4 years now with no success. The doctor said start with quitting smoking (which we did in july of 2012) and lose weight (which we are finally getting serious about now). He didn't seem to "notice" anything else could be wrong. I have been depressed (took many medications for it) since i was 15. The thing is he thinks it's possibly a thyroid problem but wanted to wait till our 6 month check up to test for that. (so around feb.). I can't go to the doctor often as we don't have good insurance and it is a lot out of our pocket. The symptoms i have are so parallel with this and hypothyroidism that how can one know the difference? Thanks for any imput ideas and possible help in suggesting to my doctor to test for this without seeming like i'm just being a webMD overdramatic hypocondriac. Thanks!
Sponsored Links