Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > PCOS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 10:13

Plan: Dr Atkins
Stats: 212/189/140
BF:
Progress: 32%
Cool hi I'm new

Quote:
"I'm not giving up" "I can do this"

Hi everyone, My name is Jackie and I am new to this forum. For some reason I couldn't log in all week since I first found it but I'm on now. So anyway through everyones posts, I'm getting more and more encouraged. I just was diagnosed last monday. I had my ultra sound last week. I go back to discuss treatments on March 5, my dr went to Mexico. But while this has been going on I decided to go on the LC diet. I started 2/13. I already am feeling different. I had to double on Provera to stop my cycle. I had the opposite problem the last 4 or 5 months and it got so heavy it was scary.
I would like to intro myself. I'm 36, I was lucky enough to have one daughter 15 and I have been married over 16 years. I work for the state and my husband works at a warehouse as a night superviser. My daughter is very involved with sports and friends.
Gosh I don't know what else to share other then I probably have had this forever since I have had problems since I was a teen. I don't know but I was lucky having Melissa (my daughter) because I had just quitetaking birth control pills and bango I was prego, I got pregnant once since then when she was a lil over a yr old and I miscarried ~ 5 months they said the baby was deformed and not growing properly. Never got pregnant after that and now don't want to. I always thought that I was lucky when it came to now using birth control but now I know why it never happened.
Anyway nice to meet you all. I will post my picture as soon as I have time and figure it out. You can all cheer me on as I hopefully take off pounds and start to feel better with this lc diet and some exercise. I have gotten so so big I'm actually 50 punds heavier then the day I gave birth to my child eeek scary huh.
Talk later
Jackie
jjacklyns~attbi.com
AOL screen name is: jjacklyns
MSN instant messenger is jackiesabin~hotmail.com
say hi if you have a chance
Attached Images
File Type: jpg julieandjackie.jpg (25.1 KB, 55 views)
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Feb-19-02, 14:02

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default Hi!

Hi Jackie and welcome aboard. Sorry to hear about you having PCOS. It's a pain in the A** I know, but it can be managed. I'm sure like most of us you will have good days and bad days. Don't lose hope and you'll be just fine.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. We're here to support each other.

#3   ^
Old Wed, Feb-20-02, 15:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 7 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

Welcome!!! I'm so glad you are here!!! This is my favorite messageboard regarding PCOS and I have been to quite a few since December 1998 when I was first diagnosed!!

I enjoyed reading your story b/c it sounded so much like mine... in a way! I too thought I was lucky to have not been pregnant b/c I wasn't the best with birth control either... LOL!! So, when I got pregnant, boy, was I ever surprised. I never had a period every month. Wow... I kind of though I was lucky b/c I would have a preiod every 3-4 months when I was a teenager and never felt the affects of PMS... So the downside was, I NEVER knew when my period would come which would put me in a bad position once it "all of a sudden" came. Yikes!!

Now, LC'ing is been rewarding for me. It's difficult in the beginning... but I feel so much better now after being on it since the middle of January. You can do it and I will do the LC'ing with you!! Drink lots of cold water!! Eat lots of your favorite meats!! I think that's good for starters anyway! Start throwing away your sugary stuff... and replace it with veggies. Celery stalks are one of my favorite veggies now b/c the carbs are practically nil. So, I eat that with 2 tbsp of peanut butter. It's good and fills you up! Also, eating a few eggs in the morning fills you up too! That's what I have been doing so far...

Again, welcome! So gald you're here!

Christy